Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not been a fan recently but he was very, very good today. Absolutely dominated Salah apart from 1 mistake.

a long way to go but that’s more positive.

MAME DIOUF 32

He doesn't offer a lot going forward so left of a three might be a decent position for him. If the next manager wants to play a three then he might be their man.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That time he pulled the ball out of the sky is one of the best things I’ve seen on a football pitch for a while.

saivet

Thought he played well today. I've always rated his technique and passing ability and thought he looked very comfortable on the ball today.

Irwin99

Picked up where he left off from last season with the shirt pulling and the yellow card. HAS to sort that out, it's just ridiculous now. There were two occasions in the second half when Watford were past him on the break and you could see he wanted to do it again but realised he couldn't.
Stop trying to pull opponent's shirts back every single game!!! Really infuriates me and he was lucky Pepe got away from the grab of the shirt otherwise it would have been yet another booking for that offence (picking up from the dozen or so he got last year). Why isn't our coaching helping him with this sort of stuff?
Annnnnnd once again a yellow card for a shirt pull. It must be about 12 or 13 yellows in the last year and a half for that same offence over and over. He played well in the first half but he still manages to really irritate sometimes.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was solid defensively. He isn't a fullback. Once Williams went out and he started to run upfield he kept slowing us down as usual. Aside from that he was almost flawless defensively.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Shaw's defensive ability has never been in question, it's the games where we need an attacking output where he's not good enough

Gordon S

There is a player in there, but it is hard to shake the feeling he is holding back for some reason, especially going forward. Did mostly well against one of the best wide attackers currently.

Andersons Dietician

Arguably our best CB today. The coolness when he took that ball down with Salah on his shoulder. Did it twice as well but that was the more impressive one.

PeteManic

His body shape is the only thing that lets him down. But that's kind of important...

Tel074

Shaw's defensive ability has never been in question, it's the games where we need an attacking output where he's not good enough

Is this a joke ? Shaw defensively is shocking . Constantly out of position constantly switching off . He's a horrible defender

Suedesi

Needs to be sold. No ifs or buts. Stealing a living at United. So slow on the ball, so unintelligent, so poor on fitness and injury prone. Get this shite out of here.

onlyoneunited

Surprisingly good, I thought he was finished but has done really well, if he continues this level and stays fit then we have a good player again.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Good game. One of the few players who had a bit of composure.

Aint gota Kalou

He's clearly always been technically good. Just wish he was fitter and more aggressive, he has a lot to offer as an attacking threat also but hasn't done it for ages.

Tel074

Can't you read ? Shaw has been overtaking by a kid because he is bloody terrible . His defending is embarrassing. He can't get in a England squad that has very little quality left full backs because HE CANT DEFEND

ReddBalls

Can't you read ? Shaw has been overtaking by a kid because he is bloody terrible . His defending is embarrassing. He can't get in a England squad that has very little quality left full backs because HE CANT DEFEND
It's actually the opposite. He can't attack. He was good today, and he kept both Spurs and City's right side attackers quiet, to name a few examples. Problem is playing teams that sits back, because he offers to little in attack.

izec

Played LCB today and was knackered in the 85th minute after not playing the previous game. Tells you all you need to know about his fitness levels. He stuck in today, but the lad needs to have a look at himself and start doing something about his body and fitness levels. He is nowhere near fit enough to be a modern LB, never mind his runs and attacking influence.

Suedesi

There are other first teamers I’d dump before Shaw
I think he is a terrible player. Granted he went through a bad injury, but Luke Shaw in 2020 is slow on the ball, doesn't offer anything going forward and his fitness and injury record is very poor. I'm not even sold on his defensive performance he just looks so lackadaisical and he rarely dominates opposing wingers.

Football has evolved, you need fullbacks to contribute going forward. He's got 1 goal and 9 assists across all competitions (PL, FA, EL, CL) in six seasons at Man Utd. That's basically a goal and 9 assists in over 9541 minutes or ~106 90-minute matches. He was the most expensive fullback at the time and someone we thought would dominate the flank, he's been disappointing. We went from Patrice Evra to this lard container.

Last edited:

Tel074

It's actually the opposite. He can't attack. He was good today, and he kept both Spurs and City's right side attackers quiet, to name a few examples. Problem is playing teams that sits back, because he offers to little in attack.

It's not the opposite he can't do either . This place is hilarious. Come watch a came and you will see how shit Shaw is . He can't get in a England squad that lacks left backs and he had a kid who is 1st choice over him .

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Do you think he's good in the air to play CB? Has a good reading of the game? Circulates the ball well? I'm not fully convinced mate
He is a weird player. Decent in the air for a fullback, but still worse there than Lindelof. Great touch and control of the ball, good composure, but slow and unimaginative. Has gotten worse 1vs1 defensively out wide due to him being unfit and also tired from running up and down.

Basically he is incapable of playing a fullback role despite his potential. He is just not a CB, despite some qualities that fit in that position. The only way he'll be a first teamer is if he plays at LCB for a team that plays 3 at the back. It certainly wont be a top team building their defence around Shaw as a CB. It sounds ridiculous.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
What an atrocious professional. This guy would perform poorly in any professional job. Shame Young left because that ties our hands in getting rid of Shaw's fat ass

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I suggested him being a CB and was destroyed on here.

it's obvious. he cant cross, cant beat a player and doesnt push forward with urgency.

He is big and fast and is decent with the ball and excellent 1 on 1. Basically a central defender!

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Is this a joke ? Shaw defensively is shocking . Constantly out of position constantly switching off . He's a horrible defender
Shaw's defending has always been his biggest strength. When in form he can be an absolute machine in this regard. When he's not fully fit or out of form obviously even this side of game suffers. But I don't have a problem with his defending in general.

The thing I wish I would see form Shaw was the drive and effort to make a difference going forward. He's so comfortable playing as some sort of left sided quarterback /playmaker (?) and really should be bombing on and making overlapping runs. He's got all the ability in the worst to make a fine fullback but the intensity in attack is missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.