Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Copa Mundial

He gets far too much stick on here. I like the guy, he's becoming a solid reliable left back. And with Williams improving all the time we now have good competition for that LB spot.

always_hoping

He's been Uniteds most consistent performer since the season restarted. Will be a massive blow if he's lost to injury for the upcoming games.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He was good today - far too much is expected of him on here. He is finding his feet now hope he's ok for the rest of the games.

marktan

I feel sorry for the lad, he's always been good for us, but he's a running injury waiting to happen. When he comes back - he'll stop running forward, and when he does run forward he gets injured.

I've always thought he's too bulky for the position he plays - it's better to be of a build of someone like Evra, Robertson, Chilwell etc - it's less strain on your legs when you have to turn. Obviously a lot of it is luck and genetics but I think if he could've avoided all these injuries he would've have become a top player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Very unlucky player, he was in great form and got injured again. He was having a good game, he was one of very few players who was able to deal with their press with his quick passing and one twos. Will miss him big time if he is out for long.

Mcking

Irwin, Evra, Shaw. He will be the next in our list of top class left backs. He is an excellent defender, in the box and on the flanks, and for a defender, he is excellent on the ball.

The only reason I'm reluctant to have him as the best LB around is a relative lack of aerial crosses. Like the one he delivered to Fernandes at Villa, he's always had a perfect cross in his locker, but I think he should look to cross more and inshallah.

Crossing seems to be the rage for fullbacks now, and he doesn't do that enough. That seems like the main reason he doesn't get enough of the appreciation he deserves. At least five aerial crosses per game to get the purists swooning. He's class.

Ekeke

He's been in very good form, glad to see some posts giving him credit where its due. Other posters cant appreciate an all rounder it seems. He's better than most LBs defensively and he does contribute to attack with his passing, just not as much as a leftback who bombs forward and has a good final ball. Those kinds of LBs leave their defense exposed far more often.

My opinion is we should have both. Shaw on form is absolutely fine at LB, but having an attacking leftback with a good left foot to get some good delivery in from that side when we're completely on top of teams but finding it hard to break them down would be very useful at least as a sub.

Havak

Pokemon master
Thats like a month out right? Probably out for the remaining league games, but available hopefully for Europa.
Depends how bad, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the squad for West Ham. But also wouldn't be surprised if he's not back until the quarter finals of the Europa league either.

El Zoido

He’s been really good recently, losing him last night was a big blow. When it comes to our back line, he’s way better at making himself open for a pass than the other three. It really helped when playing out from the back against Southampton’s press, the other three struggled a lot more.

Fracture90

Imo he was one of our better players last night, hopefully the injury is not too serious. One thing i don't get is why did he try to play through the injury when he came back? It's just stupid, everyone knows when you tweak your ankle like that you can't just walk it off and you can only further aggravate the injury. Mind-boggling decision whomever made it.

Thats like a month out right? Probably out for the remaining league games, but available hopefully for Europa.
Depends how bad it is. From the replay it looks like an eversion sprain, and in that area of the ankle the bone and ligament layout is strong. If there is no fracture it's rare for there to be much other damage. Hopefully he will be back for Chelsea or maybe even Palace.

Andersons Dietician

It looks like his foot did something weird before it had the really big twist. The step before it kinda jolts out and then when he puts it down to put the cross across in its weakened state it just goes see ya. I’m sure we’ve all twisted an ankle before. Could be a few days could be weeks. Guess we’ll just have to Wait and see. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back Thursday/ Sunday.

pascell

It looks like his foot did something weird before it had the really big twist. The step before it kinda jolts out and then when he puts it down to put the cross across in its weakened state it just goes see ya. I’m sure we’ve all twisted an ankle before. Could be a few days could be weeks. Guess we’ll just have to Wait and see. Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s back Thursday/ Sunday.
It looked to me like it was fatigue in the ligament and not moving as freely as usual.

Our best defender by a mile last night, typical he gets injured.

Devil81

Yeah, I noticed that myself, it was like it part went and then fully snapped during the final plant of the foot.

Fingers crossed it's not as serious as I suspect but I have a feeling knowing Shaw's injury record this could be a lengthy lay off.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was the only player in our back line who could resist the press against Soton and really helped both Rashford and Martial in causing overloads on the left.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Appears to be unable to drive at the moment so I’d be surprised if we see him again this season, at least in the league.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town

Appears to be unable to drive at the moment so I’d be surprised if we see him again this season, at least in the league.
Williams has a cracking black eye, makes him look a real meanie. Shame for Shaw, he was certainly playing well, possibly the most consistent United player since the lockdown.

Strelok

Our full backs need to stay back and defend like Maldini and then also bomb forward while prime Marcelo. If they fail on either front, they're a liability.

Oh btw, don't forget our midfielders also need to be controlling games like Pirlo or Scholes, defend like prime Makelele, put up Kevin De Bruyne numbers while simultaneously never giving the ball away. Not too much to ask.
:lol:

And our strikers must play like R9 in his prime, and never miss their chance. Btw Ole must win the PL and CL next season or he's trash.

CM10

Gutted for Shaw, he always seems to get injured just as he's getting back to playing his best football. Hopefully he can play final day if not against West Ham.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Gutted if he's out for the rest of the season. One of our most important players. Prior to the Palace game, I think he was the only player alongside Maguire and Fernandes to play every game of our unbeaten run. That shows who how high Ole thinks of him as unlike Maguire and Fernandes, Shaw actually has a good rival for his place in the team with Williams but still played every game.

Strelok

Feel really sorry for him. Whenever he starts to perform consistently and find some form then another injury. Incredible bad luck.

Web of Bissaka

Our full backs need to stay back and defend like Maldini and then also bomb forward while prime Marcelo. If they fail on either front, they're a liability.

Oh btw, don't forget our midfielders also need to be controlling games like Pirlo or Scholes, defend like prime Makelele, put up Kevin De Bruyne numbers while simultaneously never giving the ball away. Not too much to ask.
:lol:

And our strikers must play like R9 in his prime, and never miss their chance. Btw Ole must win the PL and CL next season or he's trash.
Well said.

Not to mention our CBs need to play and dominate attackers like Nesta, Stam, Rio and Vidic, while our wingers must put up more goals and bully defenders with high skills+dribbles like prime CR7 and Robben. Else they are rubbish and should be sold.

Also, our goalkeepers need to be able to simultaneously sweep the field like Neuer, organise defense during set-piece and deal with crosses with ease like Edwin Van der Sar, command and yell defenders to keep them on their toes and make great saves like Schmeichel and remain consistent for a long time like prime Buffon. Useless piece of S- if they can't do all of that.

Holocene

Can't help but feel he's quite underrated by United fans.

He's an excellent footballer. Technically very good. Comfortable on the ball, especially when he's being pressed. Probably our most press resistant player except for maybe Bruno.

Perhaps a very unpopular opinion, but I think he could play in midfield (I'm not suggesting we convert him into a midfielder, just a fun thought experiment).

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Can't help but feel he's quite underrated by United fans.

He's an excellent footballer. Technically very good. Comfortable on the ball, especially when he's being pressed. Probably our most press resistant player except for maybe Bruno.

Perhaps a very unpopular opinion, but I think he could play in midfield (I'm not suggesting we convert him into a midfielder, just a fun thought experiment).
The thought of Shaw having to find more ways to not use his right foot would be fun, i'll give you that ;)

GeorgieBoy

Any idea if he'll be fit for Sunday?
Having him play will put my mind at ease. Williams was run ragged today.

roseguy64

They'll likely release a training vid on Friday or Saturday. If he's in it then he's starting on Sunday.

Ekeke

We've missed him a lot. Partly because we don't have a left footed left back to cover him when hes injured

TheReligion

Abusive
Any idea if he'll be fit for Sunday?
Having him play will put my mind at ease. Williams was run ragged today.
Think this is why Rashford looked so bad

The two have struck a great relationship since the former got back into the team. It's certainly caused a deterioration in our forward play not having Shaw.

Hope he's fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.