Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woziak

I think Luke gets a rough deal and he’s definitely good enough to be in united 25 man squad as he gets older will probably develop into a top class Left footed CB we need a more offensive attack minded left back like D Alaba or Ben Chilwell but if we play 3412 both can play and nowadays because of the intensity we really do need to start having 2 players for every position
I’m sure A W Bissaka is our first choice RB but we need to decide on Dalot or Brandon or even Eithan Laird as back up and recruite a top class Left footed CB by Koulibaly and top left back getting rid of Luke at 24 is not a wise decision in this window and yes he’s played so well in our previous run

Sylar

Such a shame he got injured during his best ever spell for United and during an important time for us in the season

arnie_ni

He's so vital to how we play. Think a lot more might notice it now he isnt there.

He almost plays midfield beside matic when we are attacking consolidating the centre and allow pogba more freedom.

Red00012

Need him back for Sunday . Shaw’s not losing any of those 50/50’s challenges today

CM10

We're definitely a better side with Shaw in the team, if only by virtue of having a left footer on the left side. It seems weird to me that he hasn't got any assists in the league this season, his delivery is better than Wan-Bissaka who has 4 from the right.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
We're definitely a better side with Shaw in the team, if only by virtue of having a left footer on the left side. It seems weird to me that he hasn't got any assists in the league this season, his delivery is better than Wan-Bissaka who has 4 from the right.
Don't think his delivery is but his off the ball running is. He gets into good positions and his work rate to overlap has been good lately but his execution in the final third is poor, that's the one area he's lacking. Often Rashford puts him in dangerous positions and he hits the first man or gets blocked.

Kostov

He gets injured and some people only then realize what a good player he has been this season for us. I fear the same needs to happen with Maguire.

Raven

He gets injured and some people only then realize what a good player he has been this season for us. I fear the same needs to happen with Maguire.
It's annoying. As I've been saying for ages, Shaw is one of our most important players. We're so much more comfortable as a team when he plays.

Mcking

I really hope he’s fit for Sunday, missing him badly. So important for our build up play down the left.
All those that bang on about assists are probably seeing what Shaw does now. There's no one in that back six that can keep and move the ball like he does.

Matic, Pogba, Lindelof and Maguire are all gaints and look like elephants when they have to play football. Wan-Bissaka is well, Wan-Bissaka.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The wheels have come off since Shaw left the team.

Fair to say he's more important than we realised!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer

He’s certainly a solid player. Rarely makes mistakes but isn’t anything special either. Definitely miss him at the back I think him and Maguire had a decent understanding

Havak

Pokemon master
I'm rather confident that we will not lose to Leicester, but if Shaw is back that confidence would be even greater. Will be a massive boost when he returns, at least he'll hopefully be really fresh for the Europa League if he isn't back before then.

romufc

This has happened all along Ole's reign. Luke Shaw is crucial to this team yet so many fans have an agenda against him.

At the start of the season when he was injured United won 3 / 10 games without him in the team.

The Shaw agenda has to stop now, we also need a backup LB, not because Williams isnt good enough, we have 1 defender who is left footed, it isnt good enough.

CM10

Don't think his delivery is but his off the ball running is. He gets into good positions and his work rate to overlap has been good lately but his execution in the final third is poor, that's the one area he's lacking. Often Rashford puts him in dangerous positions and he hits the first man or gets blocked.
Perhaps not in the typical crossing areas but he's much better at playing the early ball on the counter.

Last season vs Watford is the one that sticks out in my mind, though I'm sure there's other examples I've forgotten. He did it in one of the recent games with Rashford but it was just offside.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He provided a good outlet, since Shaw's injury Rashford's looked isolated, they were starting to build up some good chemistry.

HowYouDoin

Gosh he is soooo important as our only good full back. Didnt really realize it before. In fact I wanted him gone cuz he represented what I felt was wrong with the club, he was painfully average I thought and we should have higher standards.
Well I still think that but as our only truly competent full back its so noticeable when hes not playing. Fair to say we beat West Ham easily if he was available.

Either way in the summer I would just focus on full backs. Get like 10 new full backs for all I care, forget about other positions, I dont care.
Bring Smalling back, bring Henderson back, I dont care. I want full backs.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wan-Bissaka is a far better crosser of the ball than Shaw. List pretty much stops there on the footballing ability side though.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He provided a good outlet, since Shaw's injury Rashford's looked isolated, they were starting to build up some good chemistry.
Rashford had his best performance since restart vs Palace but yeah I agree with general point. Our team looked so much better with Shaw in the side.

He was very good at making overlapping runs, more than that he was very good footballer.

arnie_ni

All those that bang on about assists are probably seeing what Shaw does now. There's no one in that back six that can keep and move the ball like he does.

Matic, Pogba, Lindelof and Maguire are all gaints and look like elephants when they have to play football. Wan-Bissaka is well, Wan-Bissaka.
His ball retention, passing, touch is all one of the best in the team.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It will be great if Shaw's fit for Leicester. He has become key to our system; providing width, going inside for Rashford and occasionally slotting into midfield as a passing option. Jose's comments about him needing his hand held now look very stark; either there was truth to it and Shaw has come on fantastically under Ole or Jose was talking shite and couldn't manage him properly. Either way, he's key at the moment.

Glorio

I hope everyone who has revelled in relentlessly vilifying Shaw for no reason after every game now humbly understand that they don't understand football anywhere near as much as they think they do from their comfy arm chairs.

Ekeke

We've really struggled without him

"Yeah but he's fat"

Not too many players get beyond him

Flavour of the year Chilwell on the other hand one of the most beaten leftbacks this season

Thats not to say that Chilwell isnt also a good leftback and has his own strengths, but lets not forget or ignore the strengths of the player we already have and who has done well Luke Shaw.

Last edited:

Mcking

Wan-Bissaka is a far better crosser of the ball than Shaw. List pretty much stops there on the footballing ability side though.
You are obviously entitled to your opinion, but I disagree with this. They are a lot closer than 'far better' from my point of view.

The Original

He's so vital to how we play. Think a lot more might notice it now he isnt there.

He almost plays midfield beside matic when we are attacking consolidating the centre and allow pogba more freedom.
I've been a critic but it's glaring how important he is.

With Williams always receiving the ball on his right and consequently looking to drive inwards, Rashford is forced out more whereas the reverse is the case when Shaw is playing.

simplyared

As many posters have said. Not having him on the pitch has weakened our attacking options and has definately contributed to the fact we could have already secured that 3rd spot.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He’s gone from that underrated that he was the scapegoat for a lot of people and calls for him to be replaced by Williams..

To now being quite overrated in that our top 4 hopes rely on him :lol:

Im so ready for this season to be done.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Out until next season too, so will miss Europa games next month.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Tyler just said he’s out of the Europa League next month too ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.