Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baneofthegame

Thought Shaw was fine as always, dithered a bit on the ball, just wish he could add more to his attacking game, which is oddly what he was known for at the start of his career.

arthurka

Did well tonight but his passing out of the defense is very shaky. But good game tonight.

Mcking

He's dominant, good to have him back. Rarely gets beaten in a physical duel, and pretty good on the ball for a full back. Anytime the ball gets anywhere near him, I have complete faith that he's coming away with it.

Interesting to see him going over to take inswingers when Telles was held back from doing the same. His deliveries where good too btw.

T_Model101

Excellent performance, assured and put in some great corners that on another day may have been converted

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Its a bit frustrating yes but I don't think his injury record is as bad as people make out sometimes. He's had a few where he's been clattered that he couldn't do much about, including the broken leg
Yeah, he has had some bad luck because most of his injuries are mainly from impacts and not really recurring injuries.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The best United player on the pitch. He never gave a kick to Mahrez who's been in superb form lately.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Was really good defensively. I think we should experiment with him as a CB against a weak team in a cup game or something

kiristao

Had an excellent game and that is even before you consider the 3 superb corners. My biggest complain against him was that he normally gave the opposing RW way too much space to put in crosses but today he was right in their face all game and come out on top pretty much everytime.

Bobski

Several levels above Telles, far superior technically, defensively, and his interplay is very important to Utd building attacks.

Raven

Several levels above Telles, far superior technically, defensively, and his interplay is very important to Utd building attacks.
Yup. I think Telles was always supposed to be back up to Shaw which is good because Telles is much better than Williams as well. Shaw's one of our best and most important players.

Artorias

Yup. I think Telles was always supposed to be back up to Shaw which is good because Telles is much better than Williams as well. Shaw's one of our best and most important players.
Glad someone notice that. Shaw is a very important player for us.

Oldyella

The only knock on him is that he'll always get injured and be out for at least 15 games a season.
Hopefully now with Telles we can rest him now and again, see if that helps limit his injuries.

Played well today, least of our problems atm.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Really impressed with him today, comfortably MOTM.

Raven

Hopefully now with Telles we can rest him now and again, see if that helps limit his injuries.

Played well today, least of our problems atm.
Yeah, his injuries usually come about when he's being played into the ground due to lack of cover. He had some mental run of games leading up to his injury at the end of last season where he played every minute of every game for like 15 or 16 games on the bounce.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Let’s be honest - he was man of the match and we missed him. Been his biggest critic for years but this guy is reliable for bear minimums when fit.

Andersons Dietician

Great today, always puts on a performance when put up against the Mahrez , Messi’s and Salahs of the world.

I just wish he would attack space a bit more as there were times today where the ball broke in front of him with space to go at. Young Shaw from Southampton would have driven at the space but there were also a few occasions he could have played the ball in to free ground and Rashford wasn’t giving the option.

Grande

Let’s be honest - he was man of the match and we missed him. Been his biggest critic for years but this guy is reliable for bear minimums when fit.
Yes, he’s become a very solid player when in tune. He ofte n takes a few games to get in tune after injuries, but apart from that he ticks like a clock the last few years, or more or less since Solskjær took over.

He has room for improvement in the attacking play, of course.

Brad2020

Props to Luke Shaw, he was superb defensively in shutting down City's dangerous right side.

I hope he can stay match fit, Telles may be better going forward, but Shaw is a rock on defense.

The United

Great today, always puts on a performance when put up against the Mahrez , Messi’s and Salahs of the world.

I just wish he would attack space a bit more as there were times today where the ball broke in front of him with space to go at. Young Shaw from Southampton would have driven at the space but there were also a few occasions he could have played the ball in to free ground and Rashford wasn’t giving the option.
I think his attacking suffers a bit mentally and physically from the leg break and his constant hamstring injuries whenever he seems to run at full speed.

Shaw nowadays is at about 70% of his full speed and it is probably his limit now.

Still a very good defensive FB, mind you.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I love that we have competition for him now. I think it's gonna push him to be better. Seems to have taken to it very well.

marktan

I think his attacking suffers a bit mentally and physically from the leg break and his constant hamstring injuries whenever he seems to run at full speed.

Shaw nowadays is at about 70% of his full speed and it is probably his limit now.

Still a very good defensive FB, mind you.
My thoughts on Shaw exactly. It's such a shame he's not built a bit more lighter in frame like Robertson or Chilwell or Evra, I think his large frame contributes somewhat to the injuries if he attacks at full pelt and has to change direction rapidly. He's still capable of it but it's very noticeable to me that he restricts himself from doing so - he used to do those driving runs forward a lot in that season where he got his leg broken by that Mexican PSV guy but very rarely does them now.

He's an excellent footballer, just his frame and injuries I think will always restrict him from being a great attacking fullback. It's a shame because he's still only 25 despite being around for ages - Robertson is older than him and Chillwells only 2 years younger.

Mcking

Mahrez is overrated. He's another Wilfried Bony/Fabian Delph type of signing for City.
I'd still back Mahrez against almost every fullback.

I don't think many have really being able to come to terms with how good Shaw is. Their judgement's being clouded probably because he's got a big body and used to look fat, or because he struggled after his injury, or because he was being criticized by Mourinho.

If I categorically say how much I rate Shaw, I'd probably be in trouble. There's not a better defensive package in the league for a fullback, and many just prefer or even more baffling, are just unable to see how good he is with the ball.

I think if he starts putting in more inshallah aerial crosses like the other fullbacks do, then many would be much more willing to warm to him.

Telles put in a few crosses against fullback PSG and was declared as our best since Irwin, Dalot against Fulham too. I think quite a few people actually rate fullbacks based on the amount of crosses they put.

I think Shaw should cross more, but we need to start committing more in the box. He is still very good without them. Baffling that many don't rate him.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I'd still back Mahrez against almost every fullback.

I don't think many have really being able to come to terms with how good Shaw is. Their judgement's being clouded probably because he's got a big body and used to look fat, or because he struggled after his injury, or because he was being criticized by Mourinho.

If I categorically say how much I rate Shaw, I'd probably be in trouble. There's not a better defensive package in the league for a fullback, and many just prefer or even more baffling, are just unable to see how good he is with the ball.

I think if he starts putting in more inshallah aerial crosses like the other fullbacks do, then many would be much more willing to warm to him.

Telles put in a few crosses against fullback PSG and was declared as our best since Irwin, Dalot against Fulham too. I think quite a few people actually rate fullbacks based on the amount of crosses they put.

I think Shaw should cross more, but we need to start committing more in the box. He is still very good without them. Baffling that many don't rate him.
Many people have bought into Jose's and Van Gaal criticism of Shaw and that's have affected their judgement on him.

Shaw can pretty much do everything on the left flank except score goals. There's a reason why Maguire and Rashford look much more comfortable when he's playing. And his lack of crossing is such bullshit when the likes of Martial and Rashford is always outside the box waiting for a pass to their feet.

Now that we actually have players making runs into the box, it's no wonder that he's actually starting to cross the ball. Add the fact that he's only 2 years older than AWB, it's really surprising that people actually rate AWB more and afford him more slack when Shaw is easily better than him in almost every department.

Himannv

Very good performance. I'm just glad to see that more people can recognize what he brings to the team now. I think it's also good that he has some competition now.

Excellent delivery from the corners as well.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Shaw looked class yesterday, miles ahead of what Telles is capable of. Is he injured or just a knock?

GMoore23

Shaw looked class yesterday, miles ahead of what Telles is capable of. Is he injured or just a knock?
Telles only signed in the summer and has had a stop start beginning to his career here. Look how long it took Fred to settle and now he's undroppable. Fabinho took a season to settle in at liverpool also.
Give him time to show what he can do.

Ekeke

Bear minimum wouldnt our man of the match in a Manchester derby

Oldyella

I love that we have competition for him now. I think it's gonna push him to be better. Seems to have taken to it very well.
TBh I always thought he would. He was one of the players who actually called out our need for new signings, even though he would have known his position was one we would strengthen.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I thought his reading, tracking, covering and jockeying was really good, kept his side of the defence mostly pretty tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.