Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I’ve become a big fan of shaw lately, still feel he’s restricted and has another gear but think he defends well and impacts in the final 3rd too
He was probably in with a shout for MOTM today, though thats not saying much as not many really played that well today

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He has become really good at free kicks which is nice to see.

el3mel

Horrible game from him. Absolutely ridiculous performance, and I can't understand how people downplay performances like that. He is worse than Pogba at times with his slow thinking, jogging around, giving up. He doesn't run forward, he misses passes and has barely had an assist in years yet he is on deadball duty? Club and team is practically bending over backwards to help his game out and he barely puts in an effort in return. It's ridiculous and I've had enough. We need another profile, he needs to leave. Not a kid anymore.
I thought he did well....

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Anyone who thinks Telles is a better option than Shaw is fecking blind :lol:

Shaw is up there as one of our most important player of the season outside of Bruno.

elmo

Horrible game from him. Absolutely ridiculous performance, and I can't understand how people downplay performances like that. He is worse than Pogba at times with his slow thinking, jogging around, giving up. He doesn't run forward, he misses passes and has barely had an assist in years yet he is on deadball duty? Club and team is practically bending over backwards to help his game out and he barely puts in an effort in return. It's ridiculous and I've had enough. We need another profile, he needs to leave. Not a kid anymore.
:lol: :lol:

One of the worst post I've ever seen on a player's performance.

Is that you Jose?

Last edited:

Tarrou

really good game I thought, he's in great form and looks physically strong at the moment

Classical Mechanic

He has 2 assists from dead balls in his last 7 games.

Ekeke

Good going forward and looked like he had his old pace back

Harsh to blame him too much on the 2nd goal. He had an overlap with no help, so hes between Justin and Perez who is running with the ball. He decides to come in and close down Perez gambling that he wont be able to pass out to Justin. Shaw times it well and wins the ball but it breaks out to Justin who has now retreated to collect it. As he was the one who ricocheted the ball and was fairly close to Justin he carried on his press. Fred is the one who is closest to to Perez and who doesnt track him, instead rushing out to double mark Justin and leave him free. The difference is Shaw has some awareness and tries to run back and cover for his mistake while Fred is completely oblivious to the movement around him

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
What?

We should have arguably scored from his 2 fks. Bruno had a free header and Harry skied his.

He defended well locking his side down, won the ball back plenty and broke forward a few times.
What did he do? He misplaced a lot of passes. Stopped the pace of the play by going backwards for no reason when he has acres of space ahead of him. I don't care about the pace he hits his crosses as usually they don't get past the first man, even when a simpler pass is on. A bit like Valencia used to do, headless. The fact that many teams have had great crossers that manage to rack up assists year after year is damning when we're wasting time with Shaw who will never be able to do that, so it's not a real strength of his.

I'm honestly befuddled as to how people thought he had a great or even good game. He was horrible under pressure today. His contributions in reality is so minimal it's ridiculous how much love he is getting at the moment. We need players that don't give up, that don't give the ball away, don't dwell on the ball and play a poor backpass or let the ball run out of play simply because they aren't able to control it enough to recycle possession. He has fecking acres of space to run into and he lets the ball go out of play because he can't bring the ball with him into defence. This is not what a fullback is supposed to do and it brings unbalance to the team. Also he is caught out many time during games where he runs forward then stops in the middle of the pitch and just strolls around in midfield congesting areas and ball watching. It's ridiculous, he needs proper coaching or he needs to leave.

Sorry for ranting, I've been giving him praise but I'm sick of this guy getting such an easy ride from fans then he repays it with basic lack of effort.

Ekeke

What did he do? He misplaced a lot of passes. Stopped the pace of the play by going backwards for no reason when he has acres of space ahead of him. I don't care about the pace he hits his crosses as usually they don't get past the first man, even when a simpler pass is on. A bit like Valencia used to do, headless. The fact that many teams have had great crossers that manage to rack up assists year after year is damning when we're wasting time with Shaw who will never be able to do that, so it's not a real strength of his.

I'm honestly befuddled as to how people thought he had a great or even good game. He was horrible under pressure today. His contributions in reality is so minimal it's ridiculous how much love he is getting at the moment. We need players that don't give up, that don't give the ball away, don't dwell on the ball and play a poor backpass or let the ball run out of play simply because they aren't able to control it enough to recycle possession. He has fecking acres of space to run into and he lets the ball go out of play because he can't bring the ball with him into defence. This is not what a fullback is supposed to do and it brings unbalance to the team. Also he is caught out many time during games where he runs forward then stops in the middle of the pitch and just strolls around in midfield congesting areas and ball watching. It's ridiculous, he needs proper coaching or he needs to leave.

Sorry for ranting, I've been giving him praise but I'm sick of this guy getting such a easy ride from fans then he repays it with basic lack of effort.
3 key passes and good ball running down the left with speed to help us counter attack. What do you want from your leftback going forwards? Is he supposed to beat 2 men and smash it in the top corner?

Dorris

Sorry for ranting, I've been giving him praise but I'm sick of this guy getting such an easy ride from fans then he repays it with basic lack of effort.
This is absolutely baffling. He’s brilliant.

elmo

You post like you've watched an entirely different game from everybody else.

Sylar

He was really good. Surprised at how good his free kicks are, but overall good game. Shame about the second equaliser but I think the competition helps him and the team overall

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Thought he was class. Been really impressed with him lately.

arnie_ni

You sure you watched the same game the rest of us did?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
3 key passes and good ball running down the left with speed to help us counter attack. What do you want from your leftback going forwards? Is he supposed to beat 2 men and smash it in the top corner?
That wouldn't be bad from time to time. He had a couple of good runs yeah, but he was very involved in the game and didn't produce anything. What is the good running forward if you miss your pass and doesn't run back. We could have gathered and kept possession so many more times if Shaw had a good game, also if he had a really good game we would have created more down that channel, wouldn't we? I won't be hearing that this was good enough from him or from a United LB.
This is absolutely baffling. He’s brilliant.
He is alright, certainly not brilliant. We can do better and should because he he one of those guys that is always heavily involved in those games where we seem to give up. I don't want players like that. You can see it in Pogba, Lindelof, Shaw and even Rashford and Martial still does it at times. Bruno lost the ball today where he shouldn't have, but at least he tried to win it back and then he scored what should have been the winning goal. Other players, not so much.
You post like you've watched an entirely different game from everybody else.
Yes. That happens sometimes, but it's been coming for me a few things he does wrong that I really hate to see in any United-player.

It reminds me of how we looked under Mourinho, and it bothers me that shit like that is still being accepted as good enough. It's still a problem and a reason we don't win games like these is semi unprofessional, uncontrolled, lacklustre attitudes. Undisciplined and lazy attitudes I honestly thought we was past, but I can tell we aren't. That's why I'm going in hard on a few players, I think the expectations are too low from certain players at the moment. They are supposed to evolve, not regress when the pressure is on. We scored two goals away, and gave the ball away twice to concede. Some of these players do the same shit all game that they've been doing forever and eventually you will get punished by it, even if they aren't directly involved after a situation has occurred they just aren't around to stay disciplined and focused enough to control things.

Obiorahking_

I remember him making one defensive stop and thinking to myself “AWB that’s how you get tight to your man.” it was the one where hawked down Maddison from the halfway line. Always appreciate defenders who sense danger and act on it. His possession play did look a little bit sloppy in 2nd half, but I’m glad he played today.

Maureen-yo

He has been one of the top performers this season, his defending has been spot on, he’s very, very good at carrying the ball forwards and normally links up very well with both Bruno and Rashford. Added to this that he has dramatically improved his set piece delivery and United should have scored twice from these today; he’s one of the first names on the team sheet and deservedly so.
He mis-controlled the ball once today and it went out for a throw in in the last third of the pitch. That happens to everyone, even Messi and CR7 mis-control the ball sometimes you know.

Dinghy

Had an ok performance, nothing more. Did a lot of good stuff, but also very sloppy on the ball.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The problem with many of the comments is that how they scored the 2nd is coloring negatively the rest of his good game to the point where some believe he was bad from start to finish

OrcaFat

He was good today. He is a very good player and improving. He still looks a smidge overweight to me so I think there’s a lot more to come from him. Can be a top tier LB if he gets an injury-free run.

arnie_ni

The problem with many of the comments is that how they scored the 2nd is coloring negatively the rest of his good game to the point where some believe he was bad from start to finish
What did Shaw do wrong for the second? Fred closed down his man and left the runner

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He has been one of the top performers this season, his defending has been spot on, he’s very, very good at carrying the ball forwards and normally links up very well with both Bruno and Rashford. Added to this that he has dramatically improved his set piece delivery and United should have scored twice from these today; he’s one of the first names on the team sheet and deservedly so.
He mis-controlled the ball once today and it went out for a throw in in the last third of the pitch. That happens to everyone, even Messi and CR7 mis-control the ball sometimes you know.
The fact you think that is why I'm reacting at what might seem like an odd moment. I don't think this is good enough, I truly don't.

automaticflare

Shaw was generally OK but I think his lapse cost us a goal. He pressed the man on the ballinstead of dropping into shape covering the possible cross. His defensive instinct in that place was just wrong IMO and leaving that much space where he did means we are out of shape. He needed to drop back instead of going to the ball. We can’t rely on our back 4 to see a game out it’s so frustrating. He was already out of shape making the tackle closer to a midfielders position

Idxomer

His setpiece delivery has been the most consistent we've seen from any of our players in a long time.

Ekeke

Shaw was generally OK but I think his lapse cost us a goal. He pressed the man on the ballinstead of dropping into shape covering the possible cross. His defensive instinct in that place was just wrong IMO and leaving that much space where he did means we are out of shape. We can’t rely on our back 4 to see a game out it’s so frustrating.
He pressed because he was 2 yards away from his man while Fred was 2 yards away from Perez. It would make no sense whatsoever having tried to win the ball to then leave Justin to have time and space on the ball. Fred was out of position so should mark the closest man. Exactly the same thing happens if Fred rushes out to Justin and Shaw rushes into Fred's position. Theres no time for that

He was very, very good today for 70 minutes. From that point on he was dead on his feet and really struggled, both defensively and in possession.

His fitness is still a major issue.

Ollie Derbyshire

Good going forward and looked like he had his old pace back

Harsh to blame him too much on the 2nd goal. He had an overlap with no help, so hes between Justin and Perez who is running with the ball. He decides to come in and close down Perez gambling that he wont be able to pass out to Justin. Shaw times it well and wins the ball but it breaks out to Justin who has now retreated to collect it. As he was the one who ricocheted the ball and was fairly close to Justin he carried on his press. Fred is the one who is closest to to Perez and who doesnt track him, instead rushing out to double mark Justin and leave him free. The difference is Shaw has some awareness and tries to run back and cover for his mistake while Fred is completely oblivious to the movement around him
This, Fred had a good game but as Shaw made the initial tackle he couldn’t get back to cover Perez as well, Fred should have done this.

automaticflare

Shaw was generally OK but I think his lapse cost us a goal. He pressed the man on the ballinstead of dropping into shape covering the possible cross. His defensive instinct in that place was just wrong IMO and leaving that much space where he did means we are out of shape. We can’t rely on our back 4 to see a game out it’s so frustrating.
He pressed because he was 2 yards away from his man while Fred was 2 yards away from Perez. It would make no sense whatsoever having tried to win the ball to then leave Justin to have time and space on the ball. Fred was out of position so should mark the closest man. Exactly the same thing happens if Fred rushes out to Justin and Shaw rushes into Fred's position. Theres no time for that
Both shouldn’t press and look at shaws position before James played the pass to Perez. He is ahead of the ball. He needs to drop in. As a defender he needs to know where biggest risk is that’s his main job and get goal side of the ball and cover space. It doesn’t matter what Fred does there is less danger there than behind and defenders instinct should always be cover highest risk and get goal side. Defender has to do that. It’s criminal that he didn’t do it regardless of what Fred did. This is type of thing Mourinho would pull him up on. Has to get goal side and cover the space.

Maureen-yo

The fact you think that is why I'm reacting at what might seem like an odd moment. I don't think this is good enough, I truly don't.
After he’s had a good game or that he’s been one of our best and most consistent performers this season? You’re entitled to your opinion though, that’s what the forum is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.