Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
A month ago there's no way anyone other than Bruno was getting our POTY. Well now he's got some serious competion. Shaw In the form of his life.
Nah, he was our best performing player bar the first few games of the season. Bruno's productivity in terms of goals and assists have masked how poorly he's performed in a lot of games.

Sylar

Him and pogba probably been our best players this year

Think he's better with Rashford on the left than martial, who always wants the ball to feet at a stationary position

Andersons Dietician

Think he's better with Rashford on the left than martial, who always wants the ball to feet at a stationary position
See I don’t get this. For me Rashford has been one of the biggest things holding him back because Rashford simply doesn’t pass and just cuts in on his right foot all the time. Martial actually finds Shaw and they look for each other and work space. Even just watching the previous game Martial made runs for Shaw and Shaw made runs for martial not to mention the bit of play between Martial and Shaw to create the chance for Cavani was top notch.

Martial also offers Shaw better support defensively than Rashford does. Just look back to the Liverpool league game to see the difference between Martials defensive contribution compared to Rashfords in the cup game. Hint Rashfords non existent whilst Martial always got back to help.

I don’t want to portray Martial as some sort of super player because he clearly isn‘t and the truth is neither Rashford or Martial have been good enough this season. I’d go as far as to say they’ve been pretty rubbish both of them and Shaw has generally performed well even with the two of them being terrible at times. However over every season I’ve watched them in no way would I for a second think that Rashford and Shaw have decent chemistry because the amount of times Shaw makes a run for Rashford to ignore it is unreal.

Last edited:

hubbuh

Can't believe they haven't work on Martial's movements in behind the defence. It's maddening.

Raven

See I don’t get this. For me Rashford has been one of the biggest things holding him back because Rashford simply doesn’t pass and just cuts in on his right foot all the time. Martial actually finds Shaw and they look for each other and work space. Even just watching the previous game Martial made runs for Shaw and Shaw made runs for martial not to mention the bit of play between Martial and Shaw to create the chance for Cavani was top notch.

Martial also offers Shaw better support defensively than Rashford does. Just look back to the Liverpool league game to see the difference between Martials defensive contribution compared to Rashfords in the cup game. Hint Rashfords non existent whilst Martial always got back to help.

I don’t want to portray Martial as some sort of super player because he clearly isn‘t and the truth is neither Rashford or Martial have been good enough this season. I’d go as far as to say they’ve been pretty rubbish both of them and Shaw has generally performed well even with the two of them being terrible at times. However over every season I’ve watched them in no way would I for a second think that Rashford and Shaw have decent chemistry because the amount of times Shaw makes a run for Rashford to ignore it is unreal.
I seem to remember the link up between Shaw, Martial and Pogba being the main thing keeping Mourinho in a job as long as he was in that season he got sacked. They all play with their heads up and are always looking for quick interchanges, which is something Rashford is capable of but doesn't do consistently enough. Luckily, Shaw is excellent either way but it would be nice if Rashford looked for him more.

OmarUnited4ever

Just look back to the Liverpool league game to see the difference between Martials defensive contribution compared to Rashfords in the cup game. Hint Rashfords non existent whilst Martial always got back to help.

Regarding the cup vs Liverpool, Rashford & Greenwood were instructed to stay up and not trackback the Liverpool's fullbacks which allowed them make early runs and that resulted in our first & second goals.

but i agree with your general point, I noticed Shaw is not utilized enough by Rashford and defenders totally ignore Shaw and just tighten the space and not allow Rashford to shoot, Martial kinda links up more with Shaw

Sylar

That's fair, martial annoys me because ideally with both him and Rashford being better on the left vs the right, they should be changing a lot during the game but they don't

I think Rashford has been much better than martial this season. By a huge amount

Outside of bruno, Rashford has been most productive
But that's another point

Wonder what would have happened with memphis if Shaw didn't get injured as it looks like they had good chemistry on and off the pitch

Can't believe they haven't work on Martial's movements in behind the defence. It's maddening.
Haha don't get me started. Or maybe they have and he's just being himself...

lex talionis

It has to be Bruno in the end, but Shaw is next on the POY list for me. He’s been consistently very good, both defensively and in attack, and occasionally outstanding.

Maybe it was Telles, but whatever the causal factor Luke Shaw has earned his pay.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I'd almost find your posts funny if they weren't so tragically boring. Same old cliches dragged out by another internet know nothing. As others have shared, he's currently performing at just about the highest level out of any full back in the league, not only with the eye test (most important) but with stats as well. The fact that you're only talking about assists (and bizarrely positioning, even though that's one of his strongest assets) really tells us all we need to know about your opinion, simplistic and worthless.
The amount of personal insults in this post is really quite awful. Attack the argument, don’t attack the person. You just come across as bully.

lost7

He should really have 4/5 more assists more if not for some really poor finishing. He arguably deserved our POTM

Eternitiy

He's impossibly good. I've run out of superlatives for him, simply the best fullback in the world at the moment. I was very annoyed when he was substituted at half-time, but I suppose it was sensible to give him a rest and not risk an injury.

MU655

Even though he was only on for the half of the match, I gave him man of the match. Brilliant performance in the first half with a fantastic crossing. Best left-back in the league at the moment.

RedDevilRoshi

MOTM for me even though he only played the 1st half

What a season he is having and long may it continue!

el3mel

Best left back in the world, period. No, not in the league alone, in the world alright.

He has become absolutely the complete package.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't understand how his end product and crossing ability has transformed this much tbh. Brilliant player. Long may it continue. Best left back in the league on this form, ahead of Robertson for me.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What a player, just brilliant. Pure class and complete player.

Raven

He's world class. Best defender, best playmaker, best attacker. Absolutely astonishing how good he is.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Absolutely flying right now. His crossing is so good!

Ekeke

I don't understand how his end product and crossing ability has transformed this much tbh. Brilliant player. Long may it continue. Best left back in the league on this form, ahead of Robertson for me.
I would say its because he changed his style. He would always try pulling the ball back on the floor in the past, sometimes it worked but a lot of the time it didnt. Now he puts in a proper cross and he's probably always been able to do it because of his technique, but he thought the pull backs were the better choice. Changing to a normal cross is clearly the better choice now.

Devil may care

Ran the first half, he's went up a couple of levels from the player we hoped he'd be when we bought him, the fact he went off at half time speaks to how important he's become.

dal

He’s brilliant and in all honesty he has always shown this, his attacking play has always been really good.

Mourinho just didn’t really give him a chance.

We have improved as a team and his forward play seems better. The one thing I love when he plays is when he drives with the ball inside rather than out on his mazy runs.

He’s never been a really great crosser though but now both him and AWB seem to have improved that, not sure how that’s happened because that doesn’t normally happen, massive coincidence, I don’t know.

BEST No7

Brilliant again from shaw. Cant fault a thing he's doing at the minute, best fullback in the league this season

Lewnited

Bloody hell he's been absolutely brilliant lately. Been consistent for over a year now but really looks like he's gone up another level.

dal

Shaw, Maguire, Bruno, AWB, Rashford, De Gea.

The core widens.

Status
Not open for further replies.