Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Martinez has been easily better than our keepers.

AWB? In anything other than one v ones he's subpar.

Is Bailly obviously better than Villas centre back options? On paper maybe but as he's made of paper we hardly see.

Pogba, Bruno, Rashford. Okay.

Martial? Talented. Obviously going to displace Watkins? Not on this season's form.

Greenwood, yes.

Amad. Who knows. Too early to tell.

Cavani? Maybe four years ago when he could stay fit.

So we add Luke Shaw to your list and I make that 20% of a squad of 25. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

If we didn't have Bruno would we actually even be ahead of the likes of Villa? I think you are one of many massively overestimating our squad. Just cos it's expensive doesn't mean it's value for money.
I think Villa would be interested in our first XI and first subs.
DDG, Wan Bissaka, Shaw, Maguire, Lindelof, Fred, McTominay, Bruno, Martial, Rashford, Cavani plus Greenwood, Matic, Van de Beek, Bailly, James would all play most games for Villa.

Brophs

The One and Only
Bit of overreaction I feel. He’s not a terrible player. He’s had some really good games in the last year. But he doesn’t do the things you need a modern full back to do, or even look capable of developing those skills. He’s not justified either his early hype or his price tag. He’s survived this long by (arguably) not being among United’s most pressing 2 or 3 issues over the last few years. Hopefully Telles proves to be the answer, because Shaw certainly isn’t. I reckon he’ll be back at Southampton within a couple of years if they kick on a bit.
This guy gets it. :houllier:

Brightonian

Really would love to see us try him in midfield with telles at LB.

Fernandes, Fred and shaw in a 3. He’s such a natural footballer.
I can see the temptation, especially in the era of fullbacks becoming midfielders. But I think he gets exactly the amount of space and time he needs in his current role. He's a player who wants to be able to look up and see the whole game in front of him, which you can do from the side of the pitch but not the middle of it. Notice that when his runs take him central he doesn't get his head up much, tends to have to either keep running or lay the ball off to someone near him.

Also one of the strongest elements of his game is the understanding he and Rashford have built about how to play around each other down that wing. Why throw all that hard work away?

And lastly at the moment Telles is really not playing well at all, and I'd rather not see him on the pitch more than necessary.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Love how he’s attacking the space these days and driving forward with the ball, if he sees a space through the middle or the line he’s going for it, love his diagonal runs with the ball through the space left from our forwards making runs. Must be instructed. He’s having a brilliant season.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shaw was one of very few tonight that looked like a Man Utd player. Fair play to him, I've given out to him in the past but he's proved me properly wrong. He's been very, very good this season. One of a handful who, if United were serious about selling, top clubs would be interested in if he wanted out. Most of our players wouldn't even be seriously looked at by Everton or Aston Villa.
Bet you thought Lingard was relegation quality, and yet he goes to the team in 5th and becomes their most important attacking player instantly.

Dante

Average bang
He's always had this in his locker.

Up until this season, the only thing he's lacked is crossing. Now he has it.

Brilliant fullback.

SinNombre

Bet you thought Lingard was relegation quality, and yet he goes to the team in 5th and becomes their most important attacking player instantly.
Some of our fans are completely mental.

These are the same guys who likely thought Evans was shit (mainstay for Leicester), Michael Keane was second division material (ever present for Everton) when they were at United

atkar83

Some of our fans are completely mental.

These are the same guys who likely thought Evans was shit (mainstay for Leicester), Michael Keane was second division material (ever present for Everton) when they were at United
While people may have exaggerated how poor some players were, doesn't mean the players were United quality. I'm sure most are glad Lingard is doing well for himself, he just didn't have a spot here, and hadn't done anything of note since 2019

Eternitiy

He's always had this in his locker.

Up until this season, the only thing he's lacked is crossing. Now he has it.

Brilliant fullback.
Yeah, he's always been a world class talent. I remember watching him for Southampton in the 2013/2014 season. I have never seen anything like that from a defender that age.

I also watched him in person that summer in pre-season and I could not believe what I was seeing. Just an astonishing player, it's sad how the leg break and mismanagement from Mourinho set him back, but now he's playing with confidence. Confidence combined with his innate talent and he's unstoppable. I really couldn't believe that control from Fabianski's clearance today, how was that even possible.

Does anyone else now agree that Shaw at his highest level is better than Evra? I claimed this a few months ago, now I think more will agree with me.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He just has these automatic habits that give him a baseline much higher than any average premier league footballer. The addition of Alex has forced him to venture outside of his comfort zone to really create and perform.

He’s a beast. Love it

Champagne Football

When Jose Mourinho deems a young player to be nothing but deadwood, it almost guarantees that they will eventually become world class - De Bruyne, Salah, Shaw, Rashford etc

YouOnlyLiveTwice

He is simply class nowadays. It's been fun to see his journey to become the player he is now. Almost wrote him off due to injuries, but he seems to be over that for the most part (knock on wood).

OmarUnited4ever

I don't know why i feel during the game he is not found early, and also he attempts a plenty of one-twos and is ignored occasionally...

And I know Fernandes plays that free role, but today he was sometimes crowding Shaw on the left instead of attacking the box, Shaw had few chances to whip a cross but no one was in the box, Shaw is not being utilized by his teammates to the maximum.

Aside from the above, he is performing extremely well and is in TOP FORM, long it may continue.

Norris

Shaw has gone from strength to strength. He's at a world class level I feel, just immense watching him play.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I thought at least Lingard move would make people understand that just because player is not good enough for us doesn't mean they aren't good enough for any midtable team. Just read West Ham fan forum, they are full of praise for him. He is arguably their best attacker too.

Terminator

Shaw is more skillful (or better footballer) than most CMs in the league.
Exactly, even in our team I think Mata is the only one who has a better first touch and short passing than Shaw. Excellent all round footballer.

Red_Aaron

He's been brilliant, but for Bruno he'd be comfortable as our player of the year.

Full credit to the player firstly of course but the coaching staff have done brilliantly too to manage his game time effectively, the addition of telles to allow him to rest, the huge improvement we've seen in his crossing, his body shape now is approaching valencia levels of cyborg.

He's a shoe-in to start at the euros, I just hope they don't play him every single minute but I fear they will

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
True. But not CMs on Top 4 (except us).
I don't agree with that/ Ndidi plays for Leicester and Shaw is better footballer than Ndidi. Mendy played 20 league games for Leicester and Shaw is comfortably better footballer.

Then you have Kante, if you are talking about pure footballer then arguably Shaw is better footballer (not saying Shaw is better than Kante as a midfielder btw),

Status
Not open for further replies.