Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Few lazy jog backs but except that he was great again, The combination with Fred and Pogba is brilliant on that left hand side, should use that momentum and set up the same on that side..

Remember the geese

Technically excellent. If you press him, he just dribbles out of it. His first touch is like honey. His crossing is gorgeous. His passing and vision...wow! Those outside of the foot through balls are delicious. What a player we have. Not afraid to make a cynical foul either. Love him!

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Where the feck did those mad throughball type crosses come from?! More of that please
I know this is going to sound stupid but this was obviously because Shaw had been practicing to be our Corner taker with accuracy and speed.

There's a part of me that really wants Wan Bissaka to take some corners too so he can get some finesse to his crossing.

Unfortunately I'm not sure with us being a team targeting for cups and titles that we have the ability to do that.

Eternitiy

I will go ahead and say it. He is our best player.
Think I was the first to recognize it.

Anyone else finally agree with me that his highest level is better than Evra's ever was? It's becoming more apparent with every passing game.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Anyone else finally agree with me that his highest level is better than Evra's ever was? It's becoming more apparent with every passing game.
I would say he’s as good as evra now but evra was great for ages.

To get back to this level is crazy. He’s such a good player. His fee looks like a bargain now.

Mr Smith

I think that's a stretch; Evra's attacking output was amazing. An absolute dynamo and incredibly consistent with his crossing. What I would say is I feel more secure defensively with Shaw than I did with Evra a lot of the time, who could have some mad moments and tended to get caught out of position a lot, especially in his last few years.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t know about that, I think skill wise, ability and defending Luke Shaw probably is better in those raw materials but with Pat he just had this mentality which elevated him beyond his crossing or defending ability. I’ve always been a defender and big fan of Shaw before he even joined United but I still think he has a bit to go.

As for yesterday made some uncharacteristic errors. Understandable as for much of the first half he was against 2 or 3 as Pogba was way out of position but he decided to let Lucas go in behind him and confront Aurier. That was a weird choice. Did get better after that but some of those passes were sublime. The ball to Bissaka then the one to Bruno. He had some really silky bits of control and using his strength and dribbiling to get out of trouble. Hands down he is our player of the year.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

He’s performing at a ridiculous level right now, but consistency and trophies are king. Evra was doing 35+ League matches per season to help stack the silverware. That’s the next step up for Shaw to cement himself as a legacy player.

romufc

What a performance again, the consistency he is showing is brilliant. He has really stepped it up this season. It is so refreshing to see a player who was so highly thought of as a youngster having ups and downs and actually looking like fulfilling his potential.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I don’t know about that, I think skill wise, ability and defending Luke Shaw probably is better in those raw materials but with Pat he just had this mentality which elevated him beyond his crossing or defending ability. I’ve always been a defender and big fan of Shaw before he even joined United but I still think he has a bit to go.

As for yesterday made some uncharacteristic errors. Understandable as for much of the first half he was against 2 or 3 as Pogba was way out of position but he decided to let Lucas go in behind him and confront Aurier. That was a weird choice. Did get better after that but some of those passes were sublime. The ball to Bissaka then the one to Bruno. He had some really silky bits of control and using his strength and dribbiling to get out of trouble. Hands down he is our player of the year.
Evra could afford to do all those crazy stuff because he knew he had Rio/Vidic/vds to bail him out if he messes up.

Theo88

It's luke Shaw
You know
Hard to believe its not Scholes

How on earth (and when) did Shaw turn into a world class LB. I was always high on him and felt the injuries derailed a fantastic career but this is just a class act.

He was a promising lad at Soton but wasn't that based on his quickness strength and stamina? The passing, the vision and close space control that's all new.

Does everyone realise Shaw is 25? He had been around for so long you'd expect him to be in his early 30s but no. 25

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That outside of the boot cross. Unreal.

Oozing confidence right now and it's so good to see.

Raven

Arguably the best player in the league this season. Who's been better? The list really can't be long.

Sylar

Jose convinced a lot of people he wasnt good or smart to play as footballer. Yikes.

Some players just need some love and he got it from Ole and hes rewarded Ole with his performances.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kane
Shaw
Grealish
Gundogan
Bruno

De Bruyne has had some pretty nothing games this season. Gundogan is the City attacker who's been consistently excellent.
Eh, I think this is more of a De Bruyne is always exceptional so the few times he isn't it gets highlighted more than when others have a quiet game. Gundogan has been class and played a big part while De Bruyne was injured, but without a doubt IMO De bruyne is a class ahead of anyone in that team. Won't argue too much anyway as Gundogan and Cancelo have both been very good, but where I'd disagree is having either ahead of Bruno. Which is kinda funny about City this year, they'll walk the league with probably an 8-12 point lead and I don't think they had one of the top 4 guys. On the other hand they just happen to have most of the remaining in the top 10 probably.

Best 11 for me:
Martinez
Cancelo Dias Fofana Shaw
De Bruyne Gundogan Bruno
Salah Kane Grealish
Tbh I don't really see too many putting up much of a fight for any of these. Could argue the midfield is all #8 and #10 with no defensive mid, so a shout for Ndidi in for Kdb or Gundogan is fine. Pretty clear inclusions for everyone else IMO.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Jose convinced a lot of people he wasnt good or smart to play as footballer. Yikes.

Some players just need some love and he got it from Ole and hes rewarded Ole with his performances.
Indeed, different approaches for different players.

Kane
Shaw
Grealish
Gundogan
Bruno

De Bruyne has had some pretty nothing games this season. Gundogan is the City attacker who's been consistently excellent.
Grealish is starting to miss too many games so I wouldn't include him there

Status
Not open for further replies.