Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaRonaldo85

No one deserves this more than Luke Shaw. Criminally underrated by England over the years. What a guy!!

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
From needing Mourinho's brain to scoring in a European Championship final. What a season he's had. Brilliant.

El Zoido

If England see this through, he’ll forever be cemented in our football history. Fingers crossed…

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
If you said a year ago that Luke Shaw would be scoring a goal in the Euros final whilst being labelled as the world's best left back, you'd be laughed out the room

Parma Dewol

What a tournament he’s having. What a season.

I remember how well he was playing before bad injury and we were all gutted for him as he was absolutely flying at that point. Has been a long road back and I’ve got to be honest at times I doubted whether he would overcome his difficulties but I’m so glad I was wrong.

Well done lad, you deserve all the accolades coming your way.

Member 101269

The turn around from his injury and Jose years is immense. It’s a testimony to united support and Shaws change how he’s performing...

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Luke is world class. Love him. So happy we have him. Our best player last season, maybe even over Bruno.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Great goal, great tournament. The rest of the performance tonight wasn’t anything special but that’s because the whole England team was busy bottling it.

Andersons Dietician

What a finish by the way. There was a touch on the run as well and it was just sublime. Surely best first touch in our team.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Great goal, great tournament. The rest of the performance tonight wasn’t anything special but that’s because the whole England team was busy bottling it.
Every attack England did have after halftime was initiated by Shaw and his passes over the top

England's best player in this tournament

Eternitiy

If he continue his form into the start of next season, surely the only choice for Ballon d'Or.

Incredible player, so proud of him. Really unfair that he loses 2 finals this season on penalties through no fault of his own.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Feel for him, It could have been one of our nations most famous goals ever... Now its just an afterthought

Jibbs

What a player and what a mentality, United will start winning again when majority of our players have a mentality like him.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Proud to call him a United player. What a career turnaround he’s had. Credit to Ole & himself. Gutted he didn’t get his hands on the trophy.

SAFMUTD

Along with Donnarumma I think he's the player of the tournament, he's ridiculously good at the moment.

Feel sad for him winning the European Cup with that kind of goal would have done wonders to his confidence.

Charlie Foley

Who is to be primarily credited for his mentality after being bullied by our last manager? Is it Ole? Or is it just Shaw is a “mentality monster” (ha) himself

Eternitiy

I will go ahead and say it. He is our best player.
Great post.

I've said it before, and I will say it again. He's our best player. He's just a monster - his pace, strength, technique, and reading of the game, just an unreal combination. So excited that he's a United player.
He's impossibly good. I've run out of superlatives for him, simply the best fullback in the world at the moment. I was very annoyed when he was substituted at half-time, but I suppose it was sensible to give him a rest and not risk an injury.
The true indicator of being world class in your domain is making the difficult look routine and nonchalant. The metrics back up what we can see with our eyes, too. He's truly at the pinnacle of fullback performance, and I think he can continue to improve, he has that much talent.
Best left-back in the world, easily.
He literally has the talent to become the best fullback in history.
Greatest of all time potential if he keeps it up. Go ahead and laugh, but I can say with 100% certainty that he's got the talent. I have never seen such a combination of technique, physique, consistency, and productivity from a player in this position before.
I'm always right when it comes to judging a player. I always believed in him. These are my thoughts on Luke as the season progressed. I think everything I've said throughout the year about him has become true. I could picture this moment happening, him scoring in the Final, I just didn't foresee him and the rest of the team let down by Southgate in the most cruel of ways. Anyways, happy birthday to Luke. 26 now and getting better with every passing game.

Real Name

Best English player by a mile and has a shout to be a player of the tournament really. He's come a long way from his injury.

UpWithRivers

Why is everyone acting like he was in the reserves and then just came into the light like a one season wonder. Shaw has been class for years. Wasn't he player of the year 2018/19? Yeah he's probably had one of his best seasons but its not like he came from nowhere. Maybe because he wasnt being picked and Mourinho hated him but thats not because he was sht he was just hated. He's been our best LB and one of Englands top LB's for years. Its not exactly surprising.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
What a tournament from Shaw.

Didn't expect him to be THAT good for England.

Wrap the guy in cotton wool for a few weeks and let's hope this continues for months and years ahead.

The left side of our defence is stupidly strong.

Skills

Snitch
He's just stupidly talented. In terms of raw ability/talent, I think only Rooney was clearly more talented than Shaw of the English players I've seen in my lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.