Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickson

He was poor for the first goal but otherwise was arguably our best player (not exactly a high bar).
Put nil (0!) crosses into the box in an attacking team, lost his man for the first goal. People still making excuses for him.

He was alright but yet again caught napping and let his man come in behind him to score. How many times in the last few games has that happened?

kidbob

With the rumours of Telles coming in does anyone think that we should try Shaw as a CB beside Maguire? Certainly is no worse than Lindelof in the air, comfortable on the ball and most of all provides real pace from that position. Done alright in a 3 so maybe wouldn't be the craziest idea to try him in a back 4 there. Might prove a master stroke after an expected bedding in period.

Raven

He was alright but yet again caught napping and let his man come in behind him to score. How many times in the last few games has that happened?
Last few games? This was his first competitive match in over 2 months.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
His career is underwhelming so far, but that doesn't mean it'll always be like that. Possible rotation between him and Telles can give him opprtunity to learn something directly from Brazilian school of full backs.

He can still be very important part if he's willing to learn new things of course.

Based Adnan

Thought he was shockingly bad in the first half. Consistently gave the ball away. Improved in the second though it would have been hard not to.

marktan

Gets very little love on here but one of the few players in our team that can carry the ball forward at pace and keep the ball under pressure.

Rashford refusing to take a man on and passing backwards every single time does not help him.

RedStarUnited

The only one from defense who performed to an acceptable level today,
Brightons first goal - He is dragged in and Brunos having to defend where he should be

Brightons second goal - Cross from his side of the pitch again.

Idxomer

Brightons first goal - He is dragged in and Brunos having to defend where he should be

Brightons second goal - Cross from his side of the pitch again.
We had an overall problem dealing with easy crosses and stopping them. Shaw wasn't great and but better than the others and got a foul in a dangerous position that resulted in the 1st goal

The 1st goal: he was there and backed off when he saw Fernandes there, I don't think Lamptey was going anywhere if he didn't get fouled.

The 2nd goal: A cross that should've been easily dealt with if our other fullback wasn't sleeping.

Raven

Thought he was good today but really needs to get better at stopping crosses.

RedStarUnited

We had an overall problem dealing with easy crosses and stopping them. Shaw wasn't great and but better than the others and got a foul in a dangerous position that resulted in the 1st goal

The 1st goal: he was there and backed off when he saw Fernandes there, I don't think Lamptey was going anywhere if he didn't get fouled.

The 2nd goal: A cross that should've been easily dealt with if our other fullback wasn't sleeping.
If Brunos not there for the first goal the brighton player is in.

Watch Shaws attempt to block the cross for the second goal.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thought defensively he was poor today and going forward was sloppy and gave it away far too often. Upgrade needed badly.

Ace of Spades

Not great, but not poor either. He was okay. Would help immensely if we get a left footed LB to rotate with him. A proper alternative, as I have little confidence of him staying fit the whole season.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Mourinho would slate him for today which was not tragic performance at all.

Everyone knows he always needs time to catch proper fitness level.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
What's worse is everyone has accepted that. Many fans will just tolerate he's going to be terrible for 2/3 more games.
What could be even more worse than that is we have an allergy to left backs. Dalot, Mensah, Bissaka, Darmian all right sided and absolutely no serious scouting for a left side in last years.

Sending Blind and Rojo to the left was a borderline joke.

Decent game but he and Rashford need to work better together, aka Rashford needs to make a run, just once at least.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Maybe its match fitness, but he was gash today. And WHY for fecks sake cant you put some pressure a player when hes in a dangerous crossing area? Time and time again their RW could deliver dangerous crosses to the far post because Shaw stood about 2-3 yards away from him and tried to block the cross instead of closing him down.

el3mel

Maybe its match fitness, but he was gash today. And WHY for fecks sake cant you put some pressure a player when hes in a dangerous crossing area? Time and time again their RW could deliver dangerous crosses to the far post because Shaw stood about 2-3 yards away from him and tried to block the cross instead of closing him down.
Can't comment on his performance today, as I didn't watch the match, but Shaw proved several times he's a pretty slow starter and needs several matches to fully regain form and fitness. Happened every time he got an injury and returned to the team. I'll wait for few matches before drawing any conclusions on him imo. 2-3 more games and I think he'll be fine.

Jev

Once again one of our best players. Let's not pretend he's an issue, there are at least six players who should give up their place before him.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Can't comment on his performance today, as I didn't watch the match, but Shaw proved several times he's a pretty slow starter and needs several matches to fully regain form and fitness. Happened every time he got an injury and returned to the team. I'll wait for few matches before drawing any conclusions on him imo. 2-3 more games and I think he'll be fine.
Hopefully you are right, but it becomes kind of a big issue when hes "finding form" for half the season. Hopefully his injury record improves so he can stay in form for a while

Bwuk

He’s rotten.

Anyone happy with him and AWB as our full backs are bonkers.

acnumber9

Nothing to do with Shaw though was it.
No, but you were talking about Rashford making runs. Just pointing out that he obviously did so blaming him for Shaw not playing better is fecking stupid.

Raven

He’s rotten.

He won the free kick for our first goal with a great driving run where he was eventually fouled. Generally good and composed on the ball. He did allow crosses to get passed him a little too easily and that is an issue with him generally. I will agree that AWB was an utter disgrace today but I don't understand why you're bringing Shaw into things?

No, but you were talking about Rashford making runs. Just pointing out that he obviously did so blaming him for Shaw not playing better is fecking stupid.
He never makes runs to interplay with Shaw. Didnt know I needed to spell it out.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I thought he was ok yesterday. However, how can a footballer at his level look the way he does? What's he eating?

acnumber9

I’ve only saw the replay of their second goal again now. Not only does he do a shit job of trying to stop the cross, he actually ducks so the ball won’t hit him. Pathetic.

arthurka

He’s rotten.

Agree. He is really bad people have forgotten what a good Utd fullback was. Even if he could just block a cross once in a while.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought he was ok yesterday. However, how can a footballer at his level look the way he does? What's he eating?
He's always had trouble with weight I think but he does look rather hefty at the moment.

Litch

My biggest issue with Shaw is offensively. He offers zero output in a position that's so important in modern day football.

Status
Not open for further replies.