Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The fact that he rather play someone out of position than to call up someone new says it all.

Hope Southgate continues not calling Shaw up, we don't need him out injured.
I hope so too. He ended up playing Saka there for a game or two. Perhaps he's his LB choice now if Chillwell isn't healthy. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he called up B Williams (who isn't even reallly a LB) before he gives Shaw a call... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I didnt think he would become this much of a consistent 7-8/10 player; I'm quite happy with him.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Unsurprisingly, a bit of genuine competition who isn’t named Ashley Young or Brandon Williams has done him the world of good.

lex talionis

Unduly criticized today during the match thread today. Job well done.

We’re sorted at LB, with Luke and Alex giving us slightly different tactical options to work with.

always_hoping

Luke was ill and didn't train yesterday according to Ole. Won't be playing against Everton.

Thought he was great, hope he isn't injured. Just a far superior ball carrier and passer to Telles. Did pull a classic Shaw move in the first 10 minutes when he took all the time in the world to clear the ball behind when the winger was rushing in on his back side. Otherwise, excellent. Set pieces are getting pretty good too.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He was pretty good, but we need to see him not relax during matches. He always has a period of 20-30 minutes where he isn't as good as the rest of the match. It probably isn't a huge problem, but it feels like it's an issue that could be ironed out easily.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was one of the best players on the pitch. Fantastic performance.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He's been good all season, he carries the ball very well and he's really good for our build up play. Happy to have both him and Telles.

The United

He was pretty good, but we need to see him not relax during matches. He always has a period of 20-30 minutes where he isn't as good as the rest of the match. It probably isn't a huge problem, but it feels like it's an issue that could be ironed out easily.
His biggest issue always has been lack of concentration. That's why he seems to be pretty good in important games usually.

Mr PG

Not a fan of Shaw. Granted he’s improved lately but won’t be long before Telles replaces him when he’s able to display his entire repertoire.

Obiorahking_

Not a fan of Shaw. Granted he’s improved lately but won’t be long before Telles replaces him when he’s able to display his entire repertoire.
Not sure that Telles will replace him or that even Shaw will cement a starting role. They both have different skill sets which will dictate which matches they get involved in. Shaw is a much better possession player while Telles has better attacking end product. Great problem to have and I hope they continue to push each other.

thepolice123

Excellent player. His touches, ball-control, passing are all top-notch. Guardiola would kill to have a leftback like him.

Raven

Telles has shown himself to be a far inferior player so far. Is there any reason you think he'll be overtaking Shaw?

Himannv

My only question is why he didn't take corners all these years. Fantastic delivery!

Great performance as usual apart from a couple of stray passes. Hope he continues to stay fit. Very good in all phases of the game really.

eire-red

Another solid performance from Luke. Feel like he gets a lot of unnecessary criticism because he's not a modern flying full back like Robertson, but he's defensively good enough that Rashford can stay high up the pitch for those quick transitions.

When he gets in full flight though he's very hard to stop. His final pass is very underrated too. Momentary lapses of concentration are what's stopping him going up an extra level.

arthurka

Excellent player. His touches, ball-control, passing are all top-notch. Guardiola would kill to have a leftback like him.
No he wouldn't, Shaw would be absolutely shot after 60 min playing Pep Style. He has looked good after Telles arrived I give him that. Now hope he will stay available for couple of months.

December_16

I thought it was a silly yellow to concede. if he got away with it, quality shithousery for sure, but getting a yellow, not so much.

arnie_ni

Actually I thing it was very stupid yellow to concede, considering that they got the ball back in 1 second.
Was more than a second. It allowed us to reset. We lost the ball due to an awful pass from matic and we're out of position

I thought it was a silly yellow to concede. if he got away with it, quality shithousery for sure, but getting a yellow, not so much.
It was pretty dumb - and could have done it much more subtly.

we do however, need to be smarter in those situations, and start ‘playing the game’ - so not unhappy he tried to waste some time.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Actually I thing it was very stupid yellow to concede, considering that they got the ball back in 1 second.
Actually, he wasted 15 seconds from standing on it and kicking it away. It was very smart considering they had 3 players running in behind while our defence was all over the place.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Actually, he wasted 15 seconds from standing on it and kicking it away. It was very smart considering they had 3 players running in behind while our defence was all over the place.
One of our CBs should've done the same thing earlier in the season, can't remember who it was against but I was almost begging him to mess around with it to stop the opposition taking a quick throw-in.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Horrible game from him. Absolutely ridiculous performance, and I can't understand how people downplay performances like that. He is worse than Pogba at times with his slow thinking, jogging around, giving up. He doesn't run forward, he misses passes and has barely had an assist in years yet he is on deadball duty? Club and team is practically bending over backwards to help his game out and he barely puts in an effort in return. It's ridiculous and I've had enough. We need another profile, he needs to leave. Not a kid anymore.

arnie_ni

Horrible game from him. Absolutely ridiculous performance, and I can't understand how people downplay performances like that. He is worse than Pogba at times with his slow thinking, jogging around, giving up. He doesn't run forward, he misses passes and has barely had an assist in years yet he is on deadball duty? Club and team is practically bending over backwards to help his game out and he barely puts in an effort in return. It's ridiculous and I've had enough. We need another profile, he needs to leave. Not a kid anymore.
What?

We should have arguably scored from his 2 fks. Bruno had a free header and Harry skied his.

He defended well locking his side down, won the ball back plenty and broke forward a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.