Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yep nearly gave away two goals. Misplaced a pass and Liverpool were nearly in. Turned his back to trents Cross another one. A liability. One good cross all game for Bruno. I give him that. That's tge only cross he made all game.

Imagine if we had a full back who could both attack and defend

There a reason hes not in the England squad and only has 8 caps. He makes mistakes too often.
:lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thought he was brilliant. Looks faster and stronger this season

Yagami

Good post resistant
Agreed. Some has to be blind to not rate him.
Bar his 1st season where he was still settling in I've thought his class had always been obvious. He was just another victim of Mourinho and fans fell for it.
Salah wanted nothing to do with him, best compliment you can pay him.
Ha, yep. Salah had him 1 on 1 late in the 2nd half but chose to pass it back.

Doracle

Just so so good. This is the player we thought we were going to get before the injury. Having Telles to give him a rest from time to time is fantastic - we have to keep him fit.

AgentSmith

Yep nearly gave away two goals. Misplaced a pass and Liverpool were nearly in. Turned his back to trents Cross another one. A liability. One good cross all game for Bruno. I give him that. That's tge only cross he made all game.

There a reason hes not in the England squad and only has 8 caps. He makes mistakes too often.
Unbelievable

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I'm critical of Shaw at times, but he's really the player you want in the big games.

Great player, going forward not always the best but really maturing into the back 4.

Makes his price tag a bargain.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

This is an actual post, you know.

Skills

Snitch
I’m not really his biggest fan but he was really really good today, deserves all the praise and his MOTM award too. He is obviously a very good, technically gifted and smart player with great positional sense too.

Because of this I almost feel like he’s a bit wasted at left back, could he play elsewhere do we think?
I think he could play CB really well. He's got the size and heading ability and actually plays pretty well there in a back 3. I don't think he'd have a problem in a 2 too

luck&neat

Ha, yep. Salah had him 1 on 1 late in the 2nd half but chose to pass it back.
Yup. Thought that little passage of play summed his game up. He was brilliant, and should have had an assist for the winner!

lysglimt

Scout

You remind me of one of the critics that write the review before watching the play :)

Oranges038

Best Utd player out there today, had an excellent game.

That foul throw though....

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Said in the Summer left back is not a priority at all he just needed a proper run of fitness. He could be here for years hopefully he's got the lot when he is confident.

Telles as back up is a decent position.

sokol11

I remember there was an air of certainty here when we signed Telles that he will relegate Luke to substitutes bench. But Shaw responded to the challenge and is so good in the last few months. Easily better than Telles. Strong defensively, strong on the ball. Offers outlet to winger. Marauding runs down the flank. Love it. Long may it continue.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Best left back in the league, change my mind :smirk:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
What's up with his and AWB throw ins. We concede possession after first touch. Apart from that I have nothing to complain about his performance. In shout with best LB in the country on his current form?

slored1

What an awful post. You must be mistaking Shaw for someone else.

Raven

I remember there was an air of certainty here when we signed Telles that he will relegate Luke to substitutes bench. But Shaw responded to the challenge and is so good in the last few months. Easily better than Telles. Strong defensively, strong on the ball. Offers outlet to winger. Marauding runs down the flank. Love it. Long may it continue.
I thought it was always clear that Telles was Brandon's replacement.

kiristao

Great runs forward. Amazing composure under pressure and for a change did not allow crosses to come in from his side by standing too far from the winger.
Definitely MOTM.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
To be fair, I've I think he's been good for the past few weeks now. Signing Telles probably brought that out in him (having competition improves you - who knew!?). He's not perfect, of course, and we could still probably upgrade in that position, but credit where credit is due.

Bwuk

One or two dodgy passes aside that was probably the best he’s ever played for us.

Jev

He has silenced the critics all season. A top-class left-back who is absolutely crucial to the way we play.

Raven

To be fair, I've I think he's been good for the past few weeks now. Signing Telles probably brought that out in him (having competition improves you - who knew!?). He's not perfect, of course, and we could still probably upgrade in that position, but credit where credit is due.
Upgrade... with who exactly?

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Wow three years ago I was so critical of Shaw.

What a player so good down the left hand side. So relentless, so good defending.

MOTM today, quality.

forlans.second

It's taken since 2014 when we signed him but he's turned into the reliable fullback we wanted. I still don't think he's reached his maximum in terms of an attacking sense but his defensive contribution seems to have improved since he's played on the left in 3 man Centre back line up. Really pleased to see his progression.

Jonno

Superb again. He's playing the best football he has since he signed. He's in absolute beast mode and his overlap/cutback to Bruno deserved an assist.

buckooo1978

Brilliant the last couple of months

needs to work on attacking and he can be really effective

lost7

I say it every week, he's our best defender. Today he pocketed Salah and deserved an assist for setting up Bruno.

Status
Not open for further replies.