Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The Telles signing has been massive. Not because its spurred Shaw on, but moreso that its showed fans that the grass isn't always greener.

So many on here expected Telles to oust Shaw from the team. Its not even close between them really.

Yagami

Good post resistant
His immaculate technique and first touch are finally getting due credit.

Now, his defending of the back post both aerially and on the ground needs attention. Absolutely brilliant.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know he won't win Sir Matt Busby player of the year award, but I hope he gets recognized by the players and win's player's player of the year.

Quite comfortably our most consistent performer over the past few months.

Idxomer

He was good but let RLC slip a couple of balls past him a bit easier than expected.

I kinda feel he's starting to get tired and needs a bit of a break the next game.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Very good again and long may it continue. His ability on the ball is fantastic for a fullback.

3KDré

Very consistent now. We’d have won the Europa League with him in the team. Increased competition is doing the squad wonders.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He did get nutmegged twice in the same phase of play that resulted in a good Fulham chance but apart from that he was fantastic again, a very complete fullback.

binary bot
Is he instructed to hold his position?

Overlapping runs would take our attack to the next level, they're still few and far between.

atkar83

I love how mature he's become. I feel like he could have gotten to this stage sooner if it wasn't for that leg break a few years back. He's always been solid defensively (despite some assignment mistakes on crosses from the left), but now he does it with so much more confidence. This team goes as Shaws health goes, I think

Zoo

Good but dunno what was going on between him and Martial.

Obiorahking_

Just wanted to remind you all that Luke Shaw is claiming his spot as a top LB at 25 years old.

OrcaFat

Starting to look like the player he always promised to be. And he’s staying fit for longer these days.

Just one more step up and he will be top class.

I hope he starts doing those long runs he used to do where he would get the ball in the left back position and basically run 70 yards straight at the goal.

In my fantasy, he ends up as a cross between Denis Irwin and Gareth Bale.

Kag

His work down the left in the build up to Cavani’s goal is as good any full back play you’ll see. Top work.

The way he carries the ball is so impressive. It’s strange to see him being able to cross the ball after not doing so for 5 years!

I don’t think it’s the competition per se from Telles, but that it gives the manager the ability to manage his games effectively, as Telles is a decent back up.

Andersons Dietician

He has touches at times that are other worldly. If he played in any other position other that fullback people would rave about it.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
If I have one minor criticism, and it was also brought up by the commentator at the time, is Shaw does let the ball run by before releasing a cross.
Sometimes he just needs to whip it in there. It feels like every cross he puts in is always blocked and most of it is due to him taking too many touches or contemplates his options for too long.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I was thinking lately about this 'Decent but not good enough for where we want to be' opinions people express when it comes to our players.

Would you be happy with him in the starting 11 for years to come if someone told you that he will keep that level up till the end of his career? Like not get better or worse.

I would.

MAME DIOUF 32

The goal came from him moving forward and giving them a problem. He looks a very, very good player at the moment.

Plymouth Red

Main point is that for me Shaw feels like he has been here an eternity but he is actually just entering his prime years.
I know what you mean. Let's hope his progress continues and he delivers consistently. Our best defender at the moment, imo.

The Oracle

I thought he was really good tonight.

Like the Luke Shaw of old (before his big injury).

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Feel like you can give him the ball anywhere on the pitch and regardless of the pressure being applied on him by the opponents press, he'll find away to wriggle out with the ball and find a red shirt. So crucial in helping us progress the ball up the pitch and sustain attacks.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Starting to win me over now, has been superb lately.

Brightonian

Got megged twice in two minutes though.
Which was hilarious, but anomalous. Otherwise he was very solid.

So happy he's finally getting the recognition he deserves. Yes he has been injured or not fit for so much of his career with us, but the core abilities have been there from day one: he's fast, he's strong, he's non-nonsense in defence and most importantly he has absolutely impeccable technique, particularly his first touch and his passing.

As has been the case plenty of times during his career at United (because I hate it when the internet acts as if any in-form player is in form for the first time in his life), he is always the player I would choose to do something where a mistake is not an option. So often he has to receive some sort of absurd looping pass from the GK or Maguire in his own half, under pressure from one or two opposition players, and with no real backup to prevent a catastrophe if he gets in wrong. You always bet on him getting it right. The same quality is what makes him such a solid option as the guy you leave back when everyone goes up to attack a corner or free kick. He will never feck it up. The one time I can ever remember him doing so was early in 15/16 (during our superb start under LVG that season), and he immediately recovered it with a scorching 50m sprint, winning the ball back, before dribbling it 50m back up the pitch and nearly providing an assist.

Aimless paean over. I like Shaw. I'm glad we all like Shaw now.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Really stepped it up recently. My one pet peeve with him is he is ridiculously one footed which sometimes over complicates things when in potentially awkward situations. Just play the 5 yard pass with your right foot.

OhGee

He is the only player across our back 4 that does not make me nervous when he has the ball or the ball is played to him. The rest of the back 4 gives me heart palpitations when they playing out from the back.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Unpopular opinion but I think he should be in England XI Euro as left centre back as they are going to play 343 anyway. It's always nice to have left footed in that 3 CB.

Stones Maguire Shaw

Sylar

He never looks like hes going to lose the ball when its at his feet and hes running with it. Quite fun to watch. And hes so calm when hes passing around opposition. Added to a great first touch whenever the ball is in the air and he needs to control it. Happy for him.

Unpopular opinion but I think he should be in England XI Euro as left centre back as they are going to play 343 anyway. It's always nice to have left footed in that 3 CB.

Stones Maguire Shaw
Three players at the back comfortable with the ball. I think that would suit him and England but we wont see it.
Imagine that, with Foden, Grealish + 1 in midfield. Two wing backs and then Kane + 1

Ahh, Southgate would never try that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He has probably taken best set pieces in last 5-10 years for us. Always delivers the ball in the good area to attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.