Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

arnie_ni

Absolutely. Whenever we're in possession and he's in space on the left side, I'm willing whoever's on the ball to play it to Shaw because you just know he'll create something whether driving forward with the ball, playing an incisive ball into a forward, or curling a perfect cross. Love to see it.
Our whole play goes through him.

Hes the best touch and pass on the team. He's calm under pressure and everyone passes to him even when he's marked.

He recycles well, retains possession and drives forward often starting attacks.

Hes key to everything we do and has been pretty much since ole took over and he got fully fit.

united for life

The best left back in the league right now. Big credit to him and to Ole for turning him into a beast

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Said it before, saying it again - We just need healthy competition for places! Get a decent RB and see how AwB will move mountains to make that position his.

Same goes for the front 3.

Grande

I think Luke Shaw has not receives enough recognition for being one of the most solid and consistent full backs in the League these last two years, and contributing a lot two our attacking play the first 2/3ds of the pitch. He can be frustrating at times with injuries, after injuries, or in the last third, but when it all comes together, he is more than good enough for any team.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Hands up, there were times during Mourinhos time here I thought there was no way back for him.

But the last couple of months he's been in beast mode, great to see. No doubt he's one of the most important players in this team, long may it continue.

lex talionis

Shaw has made Telles, himself a very able LB, a player Ole doesn’t even need to think about except cameos and giving Shaw rest. Bruno and Luke are our only two serious candidates for POY.

gza the genius

This form is nothing new, he's had patches like this throughout his career. Usually injuries have disrupted them (and Mourinho). I really don't know why people act like he's just suddenly dramatically improved or that Telles is pushing him on or something. I will say though, his crossing seems to have improved quite a bit lately. But every other aspect we've seen before. His touch, dribbling, link-up play and forward runs have always been at this level.

Wanderlust_09

I hope Mourinho was watching that. What the feck was he thinking with his handling of Shaw. He almost ruined one of God's gifts!!
So true. Thankfully we stuck to Shaw and Ole gave him all the support and time to rediscover his real ability. We really must wonder how many youngsters' careers the narcissistic and egomaniac Mourinho has destroyed over his time at various clubs. He has time and patience only for finished products, not for any talented youngsters.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's an incredible footballer.

We would have won the Europa League last season if he was fit.

marktan

It's nice to see him dribble again with the ball more, he stopped doing that after his leg break and then the subsequent injuries he kept picking up. Just hope he can avoid getting another innury, he's always been super talented but injuries have been his bane.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Always seemed like a player who had all the tools but was missing something mentally. This season, and part of last, it looks like a fog has lifted and he's got real focus and clarity in his play. Would be interesting to know what's got him there.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This form is nothing new, he's had patches like this throughout his career. Usually injuries have disrupted them (and Mourinho). I really don't know why people act like he's just suddenly dramatically improved or that Telles is pushing him on or something. I will say though, his crossing seems to have improved quite a bit lately. But every other aspect we've seen before. His touch, dribbling, link-up play and forward runs have always been at this level.
Yep. His crossing and especially set pieces being so good is new, but everything else that he's doing he's done numerous times in the past. The question is whether he can maintain it and continue at this level. Most of the previous times it's only lasted a few months because he'd then get injured and had to start all over again.

Cantonagotmehere

The best signing in last couple years sans Bruno is Telles. The motivation it has provided the previously lazy, slow acting Shaw is unbelievable. He is different player completely, could not be happier for him and United.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Always seemed like a player who had all the tools but was missing something mentally. This season, and part of last, it looks like a fog has lifted and he's got real focus and clarity in his play. Would be interesting to know what's got him there.
Might be maturity, he's what, 25, 26 now, it's either time to kick on or be a footnote in footballing history.

I've no doubt Oles man management is superior to Jose's.

Eternitiy

Yep. His crossing and especially set pieces being so good is new, but everything else that he's doing he's done numerous times in the past. The question is whether he can maintain it and continue at this level. Most of the previous times it's only lasted a few months because he'd then get injured and had to start all over again.
I wish the Telles posts could be banned. As if Telles is responsible for Shaw's form rather than his own ability, hard work, and coaching.

OmarUnited4ever

First of all, WOOOOW Luke Shaw is playing sensationally now, his crosses, passes, runs, dribbles, defending, almost in every area he is either excellent or very very good at it, the one thing he might need to improve on is his shooting, not that it is bad, it's just that he sometimes gets into good positions to shoot so it would be awesome if he added shooting and scoring goals to his locker.

but the thing that stands out the most is his crossing, that curling cross from edge of the box, that requires skill & technique, I've seen him doing it before but nowadays it looks more accurate, hope to see more of the same.

OmarUnited4ever

Regarding the matter if Telles' presence spured Shaw to improve, I think Shaw has been playing very well for a while now and been on an upward trajectory, i would say since 18/19, and he's been played a lot and with the fact that he is prone to muscle injuries, Telles basically offers what we call decent backup option, Telles himself is a good player and in case god forbid Shaw is injured, Telles can actually provide an adequate cover with good quality level of performance.

Even this season, Telles started 5 EPL games and came in as a sub in 2, so total 7 appearances out of 22 played, in domestic cup games he started in 2 games out of total 4 played, and in UCL, he started in 3 games and came in as a sub in 1, so total 4 appearances out of 6 games played in UCL, these are decent appearances numbers and benefits Shaw in terms rest & recovery.

The same cannot be said about Wan Bissaka, who is almost never injured, hence why we can survive so far without an actual decent backup players and since we have plenty of right footed defenders, they can actually cover him when he is rested

slored1

He's our player of the season thus far. Game after game he delivers dangerous crosses and gives us a presence down the left.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The best signing in last couple years sans Bruno is Telles. The motivation it has provided the previously lazy, slow acting Shaw is unbelievable. He is different player completely, could not be happier for him and United.
That's a lot of bullshit.

His performance has been on an upward trend since 2018 and he's generally kept playing well till he gets injured and needs a run of games before he starts playing well again before getting injured again and restarting the cycle.

This is perhaps the longest run where he's fit and available for selection ever since we signed him and he's finally able to showcase his crossing ability because we actually have people in the box now with Cavani making runs instead of Martial/Rashford waiting and asking for the ball to be played to their feet out on the left flank.

Last edited:
that’s a poor assessment.

Telles had allowed us to rest Shaw when needed, and manage his game time - which previously wasn’t possible.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Quite certain I'll vote for him for Fan's player of the year if he keeps up this form.

Absolutely phenomenal, and for me he's the best LB in the league

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Took him a few years but finally he´s there lads. At the level we want him to be. I like Luke because not only he´s a great defender with "fat" arse but his passing vision and interplay ont he left flank is really underrated, obviously he´s always good running with the ball but finally got his confidence back to do so more often. Yeah and his crossing, hope he keeps that up, it was sorely missing. He´s a complete defender now. Still only 25. Money well spent.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
He's back to (or even surpassing) the level pre injury in 2015. What I remember from 2015 was the speed at which he carried the ball and completely dominated the left hand side on his own - he's back to that.

The fact he is now adding assists to his name and seems as though he's fitter than ever means he has no weaknesses at all: outstanding defender, positionally sound, decent in the air, superb first touch (massively underrated aspect of his game), can dribble and cross. If he keeps this up then he will be in all of the teams of the year etc.

Stacks

He's been outstanding and is a VITAL piece to our attacking. He has definitely stepped up his crossing. That's all we wanted from you Luke. When you overlap, put the ball into the danger area

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
From being somewhat pedestrian in terms of contribution, to what he is now is just mind boggling. Thats why having the patience and the right coaches always matter. Clearly he isn't someone's legs and having his brains off the pitch.

Devil_3565

It could be Lukaku releasing those speed stats or something few years ago. Ego can be a powerful motivator.

Raw

My god he was brilliant last night :drool:

Still young too, I do hope he's put his injury troubles behind him. He's on course to be an absolutely brilliant LB for us for years to come.

Bondi77

I wish the Telles posts could be banned. As if Telles is responsible for Shaw's form rather than his own ability, hard work, and coaching.
Too true,
I think Williams is better backup than Telles anyway.

Glorio

He had this is his locker, yes. However, the arrival of Telles seems to have coincided with the improvement in the offensive side of his game which we hadn't seen much of since that leg break.

Maybe watching a rival do the things he was obviously not doing anymore was enough to help snap him out of a mental block, or maybe it's just coincidence. It's interesting because as a youngster, his attacking play was actually his main strength and I had some secret hope that he might do a "Bale".

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's been clear of injuries lately and very likely settling down and having a child will have helped.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
He's always had it in him to be a quality player. Fitness issues and Mourinho knocking his confidence didn't help his cause. He did have some great games under LvG; however, that horrendous injury set him back over a year. He's having a purple patch at the moment. He did win the Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year for 2018/19, and United's Players' Player of the Year award.

Status
Not open for further replies.