Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Last seasons his crosses generally hit the first man. There is a distinct improvement not only in the quality now, but also in his willingness to cross from deeper whereas he had a tendency to only attempt a cross from the byline-playing it safe essentially.
Isn't that because we have someone in the box?

hubbuh

Isn't that because we have someone in the box?
I was about to say, it helps to have someone in there that has elite-tier movement and reading of the game. It's a combination of Shaw really starting to nail all aspects of his game and having someone like Cavani there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:drool:

That graph is interesting and seems about right — he has the perfect blend of physicality/workrate and speed that Robertson has, and the creativity and dead ball speciality that Digne has.

He might not be as good (argue contrary this season) in those specific traits as the two above, but he has the closest blend of any fullback in the league at the moment. He’s just very well-rounded.

romufc

We've had Ibra there in the past. Definitely not just down to that. He's improved a lot.
Yep, just when Luke Shaw was coming back from a long term injury under a manager who didn't rate him.

THis is just a way of people who didnt rate Shaw saying he has massively improved when the actual fact is he has been playing at this level for a while, granted his crossing is more accurate but his defensive play, passing has always been there.

FujiVice

Didn't we recently change our strength and conditioning coaches? Maybe they deserve some recognition also if this is the case, as Shaw looks to be in good condition atm.
Ex-player Michael Clegg. Another United man pulling the strings.

Silas

Yep, just when Luke Shaw was coming back from a long term injury under a manager who didn't rate him.

THis is just a way of people who didnt rate Shaw saying he has massively improved when the actual fact is he has been playing at this level for a while, granted his crossing is more accurate but his defensive play, passing has always been there.
Feck me, who's talking about his defensive play and passing? The bolded is literally all we (at least me and that poster you originally quoted) are saying. And improved crossing goes hand in hand with the fact that he's more likely to attempt them now rather than passing back.

pascell

Ex-player Michael Clegg. Another United man pulling the strings.
I thought I semi remembered the name from when it was announced, good to see that the lads look in better condition from last season, we've not looked like we're burning out. Guess it's down to Ole management of the squad also and he fully deserves credit for that.

Raven

Good analysis, I think most of the attributes he talks about Shaw developing this season have been there for far longer though. I was quite surprised to see that Shaw is positioned so much higher on the pitch now because I always thought he played high up anyway.

Man Utd 3:3 Everton

OrcaFat

Pretty good again today. One day he’s going to start scoring goals. Just needs a tad more confidence in the box. I’m convinced he can get us five or six goals a season by committing a fraction more to those runs at the goal. At least he’s started making those runs again. Really pleasing to see him improving.

spiriticon

I would love to be here highlighting that Beckham-esque cross for the third goal that should have been our winner, but alas, I'm sat here wondering why our defence is a pile of shite

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was very good again. Great delivery for McT's goal. Had a good strike himself too. Shame it didn't sail in, it was great all round play.

HIs ability to keep the ball and get his pass away in tight spaces is world class. He's a huge part of us keeping possession. If only we had more players who don't shit the bed when pressed.

Idxomer

The plan in the 1st half was when in trouble pass it to Luke and it worked very well.

A lovely cross for the 3rd goal too.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
OK, I thought he was mostly good today, but was amazed that his jogging to close down a player inside our box for the 2nd goal wasn't picked up by people (certainly not the commentators). It almost happened in slow motion. Infuriating.

Eternitiy

World class yet again. Let down by the clown keeper and other three jokers in defence.

Devil may care

Another good performance and another assist, his driving runs are really hurting teams, my MOTM.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He's really good. Evra comparisons will only grow if he keeps playing like this.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Our best player again and his ability on the ball is shining through. It's a ability he always had, even as a 17 year old playing in the top flight.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Looked like Ole had told him to crack on with his new found attacking ability. At one point he was way out of position on the edge of the box. I kinda liked it.

Eternitiy

He's really good. Evra comparisons will only grow if he keeps playing like this.
As I said weeks ago, when playing at his full potential, he's better than Evra.

Evra had better leadership (though it's something he grew into over the years, and I feel the same is happening now with Shaw, who leads by example and the team knows they can trust him to receive any ball they pass him and retain possession and build attacks). Evra also had more flair on the ball, but I feel Luke is a far more effective ball carrier with his power, pace, and uncanny ability to use his first touch to propel a surging run forward into space.

Shaw has also become insanely accurate and consistent with his final ball, which was perhaps Evra's one glaring weak point throughout his career.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

Evra had better leadership (though it's something he grew into over the years, and I feel the same is happening now with Shaw, who leads by example and the team knows they can trust him to receive any ball they pass him and retain possession and build attacks). Evra also had more flair on the ball, but I feel Luke is a far more effective ball carrier with his power, pace, and uncanny ability to use his first touch to propel a surging run forward into space.

Shaw has also become insanely accurate and consistent with his final ball, which was perhaps Evra's one glaring weak point throughout his career.
Disagree. I think Shaw is approaching those levels but Evra was better. That is just a list of the things Evra was great at.

I'm not about to disagree that Shaw's a better crosser though :lol:

Red00012

Quality as usual

Great too see our full backs adding assists to their game

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
I mean he could have closed him down quicker but if Fred just marks James it doesn't happen, or greenwood I think that is dropsnin quicker
Shaw did what he was meant to do, if the cross escapes him it's up to the others.

Sylar

He's the only one in our defence not making mistakes
And he's adding assists too

And that first touch is :drool:

In 2021 he's been our best player

Andersons Dietician

I mean he could have closed him down quicker but if Fred just marks James it doesn't happen, or greenwood I think that is dropsnin quicker
Why would Fred be marking James? If anyone should be responsible for the space he has been afforded its Bruno. He has to see that danger and be covering him. In the end he spots it too late and makes a half arsed move towards him before he realises it’s too late.

Maybe Rashford could have tracked Dacorues run right in front of his face, Maybe McT could have got back quicker before the first cross. Don’t really see anything Shaw or Fred do wrong there.

OrcaFat

He ran through on goal again tonight. Very good to see. The run and the pass need fine tuning but I can see him getting us goals that way soon.

Strats

He was good, although very unnecessary by Ole to put him on as Telles was fine.

Heart almost stopped when he went down after a tackle towards the end

Rossa

Think Shaw has some way to go yet. Evra was much quicker than Shaw, a better dribbler, arguably even better at bringing the ball out from defense, better one on one defensiveley (Shaw lets too many crosses into the box), and Evra was better in the air, as well as a stronger leader.

Continue like this, and he may get there. Evra was arguably the best lb in the world at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.