Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomSlayer

He’s a top top player. The type of top player that I like the most too as he is a top player largely due to being more talented than everyone else. That is the sort of gap that opposition find hardest to bridge - your left back may have a great attitude or whatever but when it’s all said and done - he’s just not as good as Luke Shaw because he can’t be. Delighted to see him fulfilling his potential, it’s been a long road to get here, but I’d say he’s comfortably the league’s best at the moment.
Things we love to see. :drool:

Raven

He’s a top top player. The type of top player that I like the most too as he is a top player largely due to being more talented than everyone else. That is the sort of gap that opposition find hardest to bridge - your left back may have a great attitude or whatever but when it’s all said and done - he’s just not as good as Luke Shaw because he can’t be. Delighted to see him fulfilling his potential, it’s been a long road to get here, but I’d say he’s comfortably the league’s best at the moment.
Well said. If we manage to win a few big trophies he'll go down as one of our best full backs I think.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I heard him say recently that he had never really worked on taking corners and it's just something he's ended up doing.

In which case maybe AWB takes a mean Free kick and nobody has any clue!?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Oh, with his touch and never giving the ball away, he would be amazing.

Pep would love him. He might to tempted to use him at CB though.
he'd turn him into a Lahm style midfielder 100%

Paddy B

Supports
Manchester City
Love him, it would be scary to see how good he would be in city's system.
Now that would be very interesting to see. Shaw and Cancelo as fullbacks would be amazing...god knows what part of the pitch they would end up.

Chelsea 0:0 Man Utd

Dan_F

That interview was about as enthusiastic as when he is going to take corners or throw ins. I’m not normally one to care about passion/effort (whatever you want to call it). But it’s really annoying me when we need a goal and he’s just walking over like he’s got better things to do.

criticalanalysis

Disappointed with his perfomance. Probably his poorest in a while for us.

Very passive on and off the ball in the 2nd half.

acnumber9

I thought he looked knackered before half time. I’d be worried a little of the old Luke Shaw is creeping back in.

kundalini

Awful performance. No sense of urgency in his play, slowed it down time after time, inviting Chelsea to press us. Corners were poor too. Surprised by how poor he was given his form of late.

Idxomer

He saved it three times with great blocks and the only period we looked threatening he was the one initiating the attack.

Not a great performance or anything like that but he did what he could do in this drab setup.

criticalanalysis

Thought he was our motm :lol:
Not that that’s saying much.

just felt very comfortable with him down the left.
:lol: well he wasn't our worst player so there's that.

1st half he was decent. 2nd half was bad imo, far too reactive.

I wasn't expecting him to be flying up and down dominating but he shied away too much for me.

Overall though he's far from our biggest problem of course.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Played ok but not as godlike as he has been. Looked notably tired I thought throughout which was pretty notable every time he was taking a throw in or corner where he stopped to walking pace to catch a breather. Very few overlaps today compared to recent weeks

HerbT

Supports
man city fc
I never had much regard for Shaw, always viewed him as that fat lad who was a bit meh and too often injured, but I can see that the coaching staff and him have been working hard on his game. He’s become far more direct and aggressive and I must say that he’s suddenly blossoming into something rather special.
IMO he’s now worked his way up from say 10th to probably the 5th best left-back in the PL or thereabouts and, if he remains consistent and gets rid of the belly, I think he’ll improve some more.
And he’s only 25 (I thought he was older) so he’s not yet hit his peak and he’s got another 7 or more years at the top level, injuries permitting.

Well done to the guy.

Reactions: Sultan

Raven

I never had much regard for Shaw, always viewed him as that fat lad who was a bit meh and too often injured, but I can see that the coaching staff and him have been working hard on his game. He’s become far more direct and aggressive and I must say that he’s suddenly blossoming into something rather special.
IMO he’s now worked his way up from say 10th to probably the 5th best left-back in the PL or thereabouts and, if he remains consistent and gets rid of the belly, I think he’ll improve some more.
And he’s only 25 (I thought he was older) so he’s not yet hit his peak and he’s got another 7 or more years at the top level, injuries permitting.

Well done to the guy.
He has a large body type, I thought we were passed this whole weight shaming Shaw thing?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
First half was good, but he was disappointing in the second half. His passing wasn't great (although Rashford never giving him an option to pass to certainly wasn't helping) but there were a number of times where he had quite a bit of space to go forward himself and he just slowed it down so much he then had to go backwards again.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Another MOTM performance. Honestly, if he keeps this level up from now on, he'll be a better player than I thought we had when we first bought him. It's been quite a few false dawns, but it seems to have lasted a bit this time around. His top level is among the best in the squad.

arthurka

Thought he was not good today but did good in the defense end to be fair. But he looks like he has gained a couple lately, there was a shot of him today when he was taking a throw in and there he looked pretty chubby to say the least.

DoomSlayer

There was an interview with Giggs who said that when he first joined the club Shaw was benching 120kg without even trying hard. After not doing much weights before. So his body type is not only large it’s strong as feck.
Most of the opposition players bounce off him, he's an absolute beast in my opinion. :drool:

Strats

He's terribly one footed, isn't he? Were few moments where he could have used his right, but chose using the outside of his left foot instead.

Raven

There was an interview with Giggs who said that when he first joined the club Shaw was benching 120kg without even trying hard. After not doing much weights before. So his body type is not only large it’s strong as feck.
Exactly, it's part of the reason he's so dominant as well.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He's terribly one footed, isn't he? Were few moments where he could have used his right, but chose using the outside of his left foot instead.
Yeah, that's the one main issue he has. He gets in positions where he could deliver a really good pass or cross with his right foot but he just doesn't do it. He is good with passing with the outside of his left foot, but it still limits him quite a lot.

thepolice123

I thought it was an average performance but it wasn’t his fault. Tuchel shut down the left flank completely with the double fullbacks and instructed his players to press him heavily.

AgentSmith

Could he be in genuine trouble for the comments yesterday or is it just media looking to stir up a storm?

Our next 3 games after Palace are:

City A
West Ham H
Leicester (FA Cup)

Be typical for him to end up missing these due to the ref's stupidity and then the FA's overcompensated attempt to defend that stupidity.

jem

Probably the worst he's played all season.
I'm not sure it was his worst (Spurs comes to mind), but he wasn't at his usual high level. However, it brings the old 'Scholes bottom level' subject to mind: if that is Shaw having an off-day, then we really have nothing to worry about when it comes to our left back.

Locke

We’ve been spoilt with flawless performances so standards are really high nowadays. Not his best game, remember a poor pass in to the middle with his outside foot. Looked a little tired too.
Maybe a rest tomorrow so he can be on top again against City in the weekend.
He is so damn good and our best creator behind Bruno.

Raven

I'm not sure it was his worst (Spurs comes to mind), but he wasn't at his usual high level. However, it brings the old 'Scholes bottom level' subject to mind: if that is Shaw having an off-day, then we really have nothing to worry about when it comes to our left back.
Exactly, he was still one of the best players on either team.

jem

Exactly, he was still one of the best players on either team.
What I love about Shaw is his composure on the ball. It's a quality that is noticeably lacking in the likes of Fred, AWB, and Rashford at times. You just always feel confident that he'll make the right pass to beat the press, that he'll bring a pass down with instant control, etc. He's quickly becoming one of my favourite players. Whoever said he's the 5th best LB in the Prem is having a laugh. I can't think of anyone in the EPL I'd rather have in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.