Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Had his worst game this season tonight, thought against Roma in Rome he was awful 1st half too, he needs to go back to basics, think all the Roberto Carlos comparison has gotten to his head was part of the problems we had last night.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Had his worst game this season tonight, thought against Roma in Rome he was awful 1st half too, he needs to go back to basics, think all the Roberto Carlos comparison has gotten to his head was part of the problems we had last night.
I've been one of Shaw's biggest fans since he was at Southampton, but I don't think anyone has compared him to R.Carlos, have they? I wouldn't even as a huge fan.

Unrecognizable today. How the feck can he put on such a bad display in such a big game. He was rested for the Leicester game ffs!
Sometimes even good players have stinkers, mate. Remember in 2009 we had a world class defender have a right stinker at home to Liverpool, too.

jem

Why is Luke Shaw always the subject of such amateur psychology? He just had a bad game - he's been immense this year.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
People keep saying he had a bad game. It was Liverpool 's tactics to triple mark Shaw so that we don't get out of our half. Even Ronaldo can't do anything if you are triple pressed. It was Ole's job to help him unfortunately nothing changed until 70th minute and again, it was a mere personnel change.

The whole defense look at him to create something with the ball. Yes, he had a bad game but so was the whole team. It was a collective failure

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
I don't blame him for being marked
out of the game but what was he doing for one of their goals? Running the ball into a crowded centre of our half.

Bwuk

He should take it as a compliment to how much he has improved that klopp saw him as a danger man
Indeed. He was terrible vs Liverpool but it's a sentiment to how well he's played that Klopp felt the need to mark our left back, and not one of the more forward players.

Halftrack

out of the game but what was he doing for one of their goals? Running the ball into a crowded centre of our half.
He was being man marked to hell and back, so maybe frustration at not being able to affect the game lead him to try and overcompensate. Or he just simply completely misjudged the situation and his ability to get out of it.

The United

Indeed. He was terrible vs Liverpool but it's a sentiment to how well he's played that Klopp felt the need to mark our left back, and not one of the more forward players.
That and Klopp knew that with Pogba, our left wing will be relied on Shaw a lot for outlet as Pogba is not a winger and prefers to tuck inside. Block Shaw and our creativity on the left is done. And, for the right wing, Rashford played so there was nothing to be done about it.

Basically, we were forced to play thru central only which limited our creativity and they have hard working quality DM/CM for it as well.

It tells more about our short fallings as a balanced team than Klopp being genius or Shaw being a Messi playing from LB role.

Eternitiy

He dribbled out of Liverpool's press but held onto the ball a bit too long. Big deal.

Fred's initial give-away was far more costly.

As were McTominay's failure to track Firmino and Henderson's awful parry back into danger from Alexander-Arnold.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He dribbled out of Liverpool's press but held onto the ball a bit too long. Big deal.

As were McTominay's failure to track Firmino and Henderson's awful parry back into danger from Alexander-Arnold.
There’s some really bizarre logic in that post. How was Fred’s giveaway “far more costly” when we won back possession again? Obviously the giveaway that leads directly to a shot on our goal is much more costly than one which doesn’t.

It was a bad - and costly - error by Shaw. Arguably the worst in a game full of terrible defending. He actually had a poor game overall. All Liverpool’s most dangerous attacks were down his side.

Hopefully a one off. He’s been our best and most consistent player overall this season IMO and we need him at his best for the final.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

From what I remember he could have played it to the left or just lump it forward. Let's not paint it 'not a big deal' while we absolutely lambast others' costly mistakes.

He will earn from that and is having a wonder season anywah.

macheda14

There’s some really bizarre logic in that post. How was Fred’s giveaway “far more costly” when we won back possession again? Obviously the giveaway that leads directly to a shot on our goal is much more costly than one which doesn’t.

It was a bad - and costly - error by Shaw. Arguably the worst in a game full of terrible defending. He actually had a poor game overall. All Liverpool’s most dangerous attacks were down his side.

Hopefully a one off. He’s been our best and most consistent player overall this season IMO and we need him at his best for the final.
That was because Pogba offered him no support, he had Salah and Trent to deal with.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Bit harsh to jump on him after a couple of dodgy games after he has been so good this season.

Man Utd 1:1 Fulham

Fahad Jawaid

I thought he was poor again today, this season he has been amazing, he has chosen a curious time to get back to his annoying self. Hopefully he is far better in the final, specially with possibly no Maguire in the lineup.

kundalini

Didn't seem bothered today. Way below his usual standard. Got away with an awful pass straight to a Fulham forward in the first half but we got punished for his weak challenge in the build-up to their goal. Booked late on.

The United

Both FBs seem to be taking things easy after a great season. Worrying that we have a final to play.

acnumber9

Seems to be completely getting away with criticism for their goal. He moves out of position to try and win the ball leaving their wide player unmarked and then makes a piss poor attempt at winning the ball.

A-man

I think he is still doing some great stuff, but now mixed in with some poor stuff as well. Giving away the ball close to our box, dangerous passes and dribbles, and then not shutting down the cross for the goal.

simplyared

He's gone from world class to sh1t in 2 games. Reckon the praise he's been getting has gone to his head. That half tackle which led to them winning the ball and getting the goal was soooo! nonchalent. Should have closed that down. Hope Ole gives him a good old bollocking for that.

Andersons Dietician

Has dropped off recently. His crossing and set pieces have gone back to being Meh. Hes had moments in games where he has done some brilliant stuff and then 2 minutes later get beaten by someone that earlier in the season he would have just dealt with with ease.

Lassitude42

Poor yesterday, needs a bit of a kick up the arse to get back to his high standards

GueRed

Hasnt looked quite at it the last couple of games.

2nd to alot of balls.

Hopefully he sharpens up soon.

Villareal 1:1 Man Utd

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Bottled it on their goal as he completely let go of his man. Otherwise one of the less shit ones.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So much of our attacking play is based off of Luke Shaw overlapping. When he's off, and he has been for the last few, nothing comes into the box to attack.

Sylar

His link up just didn't work with Rashford at all, and I think that's more down to Rashford than him
He made some good runs forward but wasn't found by his colleague

Obviously he's played better but it wasn't bad nor great

Bottled it on their goal as he completely let go of his man. Otherwise one of the less shit ones.

Regarding the goal we defend zonal right?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Could have done better on the goal. Should have.

bit thought his overall game was ok, kept offering overlaps, kept running forward with the ball, created at least one good chance, nearly broken again by foyths dirty down the leg rake

Oldyella

His link up just didn't work with Rashford at all, and I think that's more down to Rashford than him
He made some good runs forward but wasn't found by his colleague

Obviously he's played better but it wasn't bad nor great

Regarding the goal we defend zonal right?
That's what I thought too. The player just moved into another players zone. It looks ridiculous but that's how we are set up to defend. Maybe he should have just gone with him but then if the ball goes to the back post there's a massive gap where he should have been.

Though Shaw played well personally. Both full backs did.

Idxomer

There was nothing wrong with his performance and he didn't get any help most of the game from Rashford.

Zlatattack

He put in a decent shift, shame Rashford was off and Pogba was hiding, otherwise we could have made something from the left hand side. Shaw was running all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.