Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

abkmufc92

More than half the goals we concede come down his side because he is always standing next to Maguire instead of closing down the opposition.

Atrocious defender, always has been always will be.

Just because he made some runs forward last season doesn't make him fecking world class.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was so poor. Really bad this season

Andersons Dietician

He’s been pretty terrible so far this season but I’m sure at least 50% of that is the mare Maguire is having alongside him. The amount of times he’s having to go inside to cover Maguire is causing big issues. He’s having to leave a player to cover for his CB. He’s nowhere near been good enough but the issue is Maguire.

Tony247

Very very poor performance this season. All over the place in every match. Not sure how coaches are allowing this for so long.

Born2Lose

Backed the guy but that was a disgraceful performance, should be benched now but doubt he will be.

Foxbatt

He may have been the immediate problem but it's utter madness to play like this. Where is the left winger who needs to come deep? He has to come inside because our midfield has to deal with more players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Much much too languid. Losing all his 50-50s. Poor stuff from Shaw. Himself and Maguire have regressed majorly since last season. Harry looked absolutely gutted there talking to sky. We are on relegation form with the defensive numbers to back it up.

Irwin99

Both full backs have to be dropped. His confidence is gone and he could do with a few weeks away from the pressure.

Andersons Dietician

He may have been the immediate problem but it's utter madness to play like this. Where is the left winger who needs to come deep? He has to come inside because our midfield has to deal with more players.
This is very true, he’s having to make suicide defending decisions because he’s coming in to situations where there are 3 danger men and he has to go to one of them. Because no winger and the CB/ midfielders have been pulled all over the shop.

Redlyn

He left massive gaping holes down his side. Absolute disaster today. Very poor.

Foxbatt

He left massive gaping holes down his side. Absolute disaster today. Very poor.
Did you ever think why that was happening? It was bound to happen with only two midfield players and the left wing not tracking back. It is more dangerous on the centre than the flanks so he had to come back.

Foxbatt

This is very true, he’s having to make suicide defending decisions because he’s coming in to situations where there are 3 danger men and he has to go to one of them. Because no winger and the CB/ midfielders have been pulled all over the shop.
Exactly. It was utter madness to play only two midfield players and Rashford and Greenwood. None of them track back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
There was a post last Friday that he has been playing with injury on his left side for quite a while.
If true, what was the point of £20m Alex Telles? He’s supposed to be a rotational option for when Shaw isn’t fully fit, no?

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I don't understand why we don't give Telles a few more games. Shaw has been bad this season, looks unfit.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Live I thought he was absolutely shit (and I still think he gets far too close to Maguire and leaves holes).

Watching 17 replays, I noted how many times AWB gets out of position, Lindelof moves to RB, Maguire moves to RCH and Shaw gets drawn into LCH. AWB definitely an issue which has a knock on effect but Shaw has a choice of staying in position and marking Salah or not/leaving Salah. He should have stayed in position ... better to leave Jota or Keita than Salah.

Shocking. 2-11

snk123

The worst part of this Utd coaching setup is that there is no accountability. You play shit, you get picked next week as well. That never used to happen. The kind of performances Shaw has been putting up, he should lose his spot to Telles long back. If Telles plays poorly, he should lose his place to Dalot. That is just not happening. There is no punishment on a horrid performance which Shaw and Maguire have been putting in week in and week out.

Bristol_Red_87

Absolutely awful today.

Not sure what he was doing on all of the goals, even the second he can see what's going on infront of him and bail out of the space Maguire was moving into.

He's either not fit or not interested.

Either way he needs benching but we all know Ole doesn't have it in him unless it's Pogba.

Idxomer

Is there any other POTY who has been this awful the following year? He has had an absolute clusterfeck of the season so far - I've been looking at every performance and he's awful defensively and hasn't been himself attacking wise. What has gone wrong?
Martial last season?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Is there any stats that show blocked crosses? I’m certain he must be one of the worst in the league at stopping the ball coming in from wide, he always stands so far off the attacker. Can’t get beaten if you never challenge, I guess. The Shay Given school of defending.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Having one hell of a post international tournament lull this season.
Not at all helped by the absolute mess of the overall set-up of the team.

AshRK

The hype actually got to him. He seriously thinks he is roberto carlos.

spiriticon

Possibly has wilder swings in form than Martial.

1 good season and 3 shit ones. I can't be arsed waiting another 3 seasons for his next good season.

LoneStar

He's been terrible recently. Injuries or form, he needs to be dropped for a couple of games. For the teams sake and also for his sake.

So many goals we conceded are coming from him.

Foxbatt

He's been terrible recently. Injuries or form, he needs to be dropped for a couple of games. For the teams sake and also for his sake.

So many goals we conceded are coming from him.
You can play Telles there and with this formation the same thing is going to happen. Either Telles comes in or someone in the inside forward position is going to run into that space and score. That means if Telles comes in someone at the far post is going to score.

steve.crowford

He's had a brilliant year-18 months and has still been decent at times going forward, but he's had a really poor start to the season defensively speaking. He's been all over the place, ball watching and charging around chasing the ball and a lot of the goals we've been conceding have been down his side.
Hopefully it's just him being dragged down to the current standards of the rest of the team and it's not a return to some of his old ways.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
He’s been pretty terrible so far this season but I’m sure at least 50% of that is the mare Maguire is having alongside him. The amount of times he’s having to go inside to cover Maguire is causing big issues. He’s having to leave a player to cover for his CB. He’s nowhere near been good enough but the issue is Maguire.
Did you ever think why that was happening? It was bound to happen with only two midfield players and the left wing not tracking back. It is more dangerous on the centre than the flanks so he had to come back.
You can play Telles there and with this formation the same thing is going to happen. Either Telles comes in or someone in the inside forward position is going to run into that space and score. That means if Telles comes in someone at the far post is going to score.

He's definitely being hindered by the poor positional choices of those around him, no doubt about that. But Shaw, even focusing solely on his game in an individualistic view, was awful and made some horrid decisions.

For the first goal, AWB tried to instigate a clumsy press, Lindelof went far too wide as a result, and Maguire tried to step up while vacating the center for Salah.

There's a litany of mistakes from all of them here. Bissaka pressing too high, Lindelof abandoning the center, Maguire completely unaware of Salah, and Shaw who has the best view, knows Maguire is stepping up and can see Salah making his run yet is a good 5 yards behind the rest of the line. He's not covering his winger, he's just in no man's land playing everyone on.

It's resulted in a 3 v 1 and Salah with the option of going either way.

The second goal is on Maguire and Shaw (Shaw more to blame), with poor communication being the main problem. Robertson launches the ball forward into a central area, Maguire should have given a shout (maybe he did I don't know) but gets impeded by Shaw before he can clear it, who didn't need to come to the central area, and as a result he got in the way of Maguire and also gave Trent room on the flank to play the ball in.

The third goal is a little unlucky but again Shaw's position during the whole sequence is very questionable. He takes up the exact same position as Maguire and there's no need to. He gets unlucky as the ball deflects off him and Maguire and I wouldn't pin this one on him.

Fourth goal isn't great from him either. It's bad from all the defenders, but Shaw plays a role too. He initially holds his ground well, but in the end he gets taken in by Jota and completely vacates Salah. In this scenario he had to make sure he didn't leave Salah open, as Lindelof was already on Jota. I feel maybe he didn't have confidence in Lindelof here, but either way it's poor.

He was let down by those around him and the system did him no favours, but I'd say Shaw was equally as much to blame as Maguire today.
The backline in general had some awful positioning, and there was very little moving as a unit.

Andersonson

I've seen several posters claiming he's the best LB in the league recently. Many has also said he is a better LB than Robertson overall.

Shambles

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I've seen several posters claiming he's the best LB in the league recently. Many has also said he is a better LB than Robertson overall.

Shambles
He was last season, hence why he was voted into the PFA team of the season.

SAFMUTD

He was caught out of position several times, at least 3 goals where scored from a position he should be covering.

We looked so disjointed that it looked childish how easily they cut through us.

MUFC OK

3 goals were his fault today. One of the worst performances I've seen from a Utd player. Why is he always so narrow leaving a man in acres on the RW?

Foxbatt

He's definitely being hindered by the poor positional choices of those around him, no doubt about that. But Shaw, even focusing solely on his game in an individualistic view, was awful and made some horrid decisions.

For the first goal, AWB tried to instigate a clumsy press, Lindelof went far too wide as a result, and Maguire tried to step up while vacating the center for Salah.

There's a litany of mistakes from all of them here. Bissaka pressing too high, Lindelof abandoning the center, Maguire completely unaware of Salah, and Shaw who has the best view, knows Maguire is stepping up and can see Salah making his run yet is a good 5 yards behind the rest of the line. He's not covering his winger, he's just in no man's land playing everyone on.

It's resulted in a 3 v 1 and Salah with the option of going either way.

The second goal is on Maguire and Shaw (Shaw more to blame), with poor communication being the main problem. Robertson launches the ball forward into a central area, Maguire should have given a shout (maybe he did I don't know) but gets impeded by Shaw before he can clear it, who didn't need to come to the central area, and as a result he got in the way of Maguire and also gave Trent room on the flank to play the ball in.

The third goal is a little unlucky but again Shaw's position during the whole sequence is very questionable. He takes up the exact same position as Maguire and there's no need to. He gets unlucky as the ball deflects off him and Maguire and I wouldn't pin this one on him.

Fourth goal isn't great from him either. It's bad from all the defenders, but Shaw plays a role too. He initially holds his ground well, but in the end he gets taken in by Jota and completely vacates Salah. In this scenario he had to make sure he didn't leave Salah open, as Lindelof was already on Jota. I feel maybe he didn't have confidence in Lindelof here, but either way it's poor.

He was let down by those around him and the system did him no favours, but I'd say Shaw was equally as much to blame as Maguire today.
The backline in general had some awful positioning, and there was very little moving as a unit.
I do not agree with you on the first goal. Yes AWB is partly to blame but it started with Greenwood. His half arsed pressing forced AWB to go in there and like a deck of cards the whole thing fell down.

The second one was yes both Maguire and Shaw. The whole set up is wrong. Shaw is forced to come inside because the midfield is getting over run and either he stays wide with his man or let a midfield runner have a free run at goal. Rashford needs to get back. We are not playing as a team. We are a bunch of individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.