Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

skc_18

Shaw and Maguire have always had these brain farts throughout their time with us. They've just decided to continuously have them in every match this season.

This is from last season.
Baffled we did not switch Maguire to RCB even though it is not his favorite position.
Luke Shaw and Maguire combination probably contributed more than 50 % of our struggles this season.
One of them should be benched or should not play next to each other.

Eddy_JukeZ

I was a massive fan of his last season and even the prior season.

But he's been appalling this season.

sp_107

I think Mourinho will be enjoying the vindication. Remember when Mourinho was accused of bullying Shaw because he stood pn the line coaching him through a game.

Telles deserves a run in the team until the new year.
The more I see Pogba and Shaw in the team I am tending towards Jose's judgement.I was really happy when Shaw proved it wrong last sesson but this season he is irritiating me so much with his damn pooooor displays it is costing the team. Last 2 years also our system was nnot great but still we got results as there were not too many defensive errors like this year hence we managed wins with the brilliance of Bruno/Cavani with a helping hand of Rashford/Greenwood but this year because of so many silly defensive mistakes our whole flawed system is getting heavily exposed to the world

Oranges038

Rembember that one game where Vidic and Evra played the left side and got torn to bits by City. They were from different countries, hadn't got grear English and hadn't played a game together before in the league.

That's how Shaw and Maguire play every week. But, they're from the same country, speak the same language and have been playing together for club and country for at least 2 season now.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
He looks one player who has downed tools. Seems to have lost interest in playing. Probably still watching replays of his euro performances and jerking of seeing that.
Has he feck. He's just out of form, like every other one of our players.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I still have no idea how Shaw did not hear the 'away' shout or look over his shoulder before deciding to let Bernardo Silva in at the back post.

Isn't it basic football, before the ball comes to you, to just have a look around you to see where your teammates and opponents are? Did he just forget? All the awareness of someone who's just taken sleeping tablets.

romufc

He is a player that needs to be dropped for Telles. He needs another kick up the backside.

UncleBob

I still have no idea how Shaw did not hear the 'away' shout or look over his shoulder before deciding to let Bernardo Silva in at the back post.

Isn't it basic football, before the ball comes to you, to just have a look around you to see where your teammates and opponents are? Did he just forget? All the awareness of someone who's just taken sleeping tablets.
He did.

No idea what caused that brainfeck of his

Ibi Dreams

Strange season for him. Both he and Maguire played really well in the Euros, and in the final, and have looked complete shit since then

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't get why he wasn't subbed immediately. That shit looked nasty
Was the potential concussion suffered in his first collision? I can’t even remember I’ve blanked the game out of my mind.

With this, and Rashford coming on for literally no reason despite not training for the past 2 days recovering from the flu… It basically is negligence at this point with player safety

Skills

Snitch
Was the potential concussion suffered in his first collision? I can’t even remember I’ve blanked the game out of my mind.

With this, and Rashford coming on for literally no reason despite not training for the past 2 days recovering from the flu… It basically is negligence at this point with player safety
It's the consequences of having an amateur managing professionals. It's dangerous. Solskjaers risked the players health multiple times now.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I don't get why he wasn't subbed immediately. That shit looked nasty
because like literally everything else to do with our club, the medical dept are just blokes who said "well, I dont know but Ill give it a shot, would you like another blowie Joel?" at their interviews. fecking amature hour. Every hour.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It's the consequences of having an amateur managing professionals. It's dangerous. Solskjaers risked the players health multiple times now.
Considering that A: the glazers only give a shit about money, and B: They are from the single most litigious country in all of human history how have they not started shitting themselves about a player potentially suing due to career damage by being played when blatantly not fit and well?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

A whole of these instances could be made tbh. Of course players are rarely 100% fit during an entire season, playing with niggles and pains is very common. I just don't get why we flirt with the risky line so often.

Oranges038

First of all it starts with AWB being too narrow and not getting out quick enough to close the cross.

Once the ball comes in. In that instance he should just be acting as a shield for ball to go out or for De Gea to claim the ball. Which he kind of half does but stops at the last second to allow Silva get a touch. I don't blame Shaw for the goal even though he should have put his boot through it once he realised that DDG had retreated to the safety of his line or used his body to just shield it out.

That goal is all on De Gea, shouting away at a ball that drops 3 yards from goal after travelling 30 yards is just truly shocking goalkeeping at any level. That's his area to control, expecting your defender to deal with a ball like that so close to the goal from open play like that goal is a disgrace.

Last edited:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I think he isnt good enough.
He did get better for a while but for the modern game I think he is incredibly limited and his total lack of being able to use his right foot is a huge issue.

I reckon its time for an upgrade

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
First of all it starts with AWB being too narrow and not getting out quick enough to close the cross.

Once the ball comes in. In that instance he should just be acting as a shield for ball to go out or for De Gea to claim the ball. Which he kind of half does but stops at the last second to allow Silva get a touch. I don't blame Shaw for the goal even though he should have put his boot through it once he realised that DDG had retreated to the safety of his line or used his body to just shield it out.

That goal is all on De Gea, shouting away at a ball that drops 3 yards from goal after travelling 30 yards is just truly shocking goalkeeping at any level. That's his area to control, expecting your defender to deal with a ball like that so close to the goal from open play like that goal is a disgrace.
I don't disagree with you saying DeGea should be more commanding but once the keeper makes a shout you deal with it.

Too often our defending degenerates into someone else should've done it. We're constantly seeing the defenders pointing at each other, as if to say: 'Well I was in my zone.' You have to take responsibility some times, even when its not strictly your responsibility. When the ball is flying towards Shaw, he has to take account of what's happening around him and decide better safe than sorry. If Shaw just attacks the ball Silva doesn't score. Its the same argument we've had so many times with our defence. Like the Europa League semi final etc. There's always numerous errors where someone just doing a bit more instead of waiting would've stopped it. Shaw had the chance to solve the issue caused, perhaps, by other people's failings. He didn't. 2-0. Game over.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich

Given that Shaw knows how likely De Gea is to stay on his line though, surely surely he just needs to nod it out. De Gea’s fault is is the fact that he never leaves his line. Shaw’s is that he plays as if De Gea is Schmeichel whilst knowing he’s not. If in doubt, boot it out, as they say. I struggle to see how Shaw wasn’t in doubt there.

Oranges038

I don't disagree with you saying DeGea should be more commanding but once the keeper makes a shout you deal with it.

Too often our defending degenerates into someone else should've done it. We're constantly seeing the defenders pointing at each other, as if to say: 'Well I was in my zone.' You have to take responsibility some times, even when its not strictly your responsibility. When the ball is flying towards Shaw, he has to take account of what's happening around him and decide better safe than sorry. If Shaw just attacks the ball Silva doesn't score. Its the same argument we've had so many times with our defence. Like the Europa League semi final etc. There's always numerous errors where someone just doing a bit more instead of waiting would've stopped it. Shaw had the chance to solve the issue caused, perhaps, by other people's failings. He didn't. 2-0. Game over.
Of course he should clear it if he doesn't get the shout and he shouldn't stop until he sees the ball out or it is in De Gea's arms. But, by the time Shaw got the away shout the ball is already pretty much the 6 yard box, it was way too late.

The only shout that should be coming there is from the keeper to say he's coming to claim it. That is a prime example of a player just expecting someone else to deal with it rather than taking ownership of the situation.

I agree. That players just not doing enough happens way too many times, they just don't play as a unit. You cannot defend as individuals like that and expect the next guy to sort it out.

El Jefe

Don’t think he has the mentality to be a top-level player.
This is what it seems like to me. This is his eighth season here and in all that time he's probably only been top class for two years and that is being generous.

He has the talent but it seems everything has to go eight for him to get him to perform at the highest level consistently. He's similar to Martial in that respect but to his credit not as mentally fragile as Martial.

united for life

Should be dropped today. He has done nothing this season to justify him being an automatic selection. Telles was brought in to challenge Shaw and to be his back up. It only makes sense to start Telles when Shaw is underperforming. Luke only stepped up when we bought Telles as he felt the competition. Let him feel “threatened” again

Watford 4:1 Man Utd

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Worst performance I have ever seen by him and one of the worst I've ever seen from a Utd player. Guy should pack his bags and go on a vacation for a month to some place without great cuisine. Then come back and train for a month before ever playing again.

I'm a fan but he's a calamity like this. I'd rather see Telles and Fred at LB.

Ollie Derbyshire

Worst performance I have ever seen by him and one of the worst I've ever seen from a Utd player. Guy should pack his bags and go on a vacation for a month to some place without great cuisine. Then come back and train for a month before ever playing again.

Yep, needs to sit on the bench for a good few games now, we can even use the concussion and knock on the head today as an excuse. He’s horrendously out of form.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Desperately needs a break, he should not even be on the bench at the moment. Ole needs to trust his £30m backup option for a few games, it won't be worse than what Shaw has been doing this season.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
haha, he needs to be benched to be kind to him, we can’t afford to put all our underperforming players in the stands, there’s plenty I’d put there before him which says a lot.
Telles and Fred are better LBs right now. Donny, Matic and Bruno are capable midfielders. I think in Shaw's case the stands is perfectly fine, unless one of the above is unavailable.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Really? I thought that was one of his better games this season. Not that he was good or anything, but at least he was 'average' rather than the absolutely terrible performances he'd been having recently.

I also really hope that he's ok. Getting another concussion so soon after his last one can potentially be very dangerous.

abailey123

Didn’t see him try to overlap once in that game.
Few weeks out of the side and give Telles a run

sp_107

8 years at UTD he had one good season, still UTD fans trust him, no wonder we regarded as the best fans in the world...we just have abundent tolerenace for managers and players

Status
Not open for further replies.