Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

He had 13 assists in the last 7-8 years which suggest that he isn't an assist monster , never was , never will. He is on 190k p/w , even at his best we won nothing with him as starting fullback. What Ralf should do is sell him next summer , and buy someone else. He is just a mediocre player who gets overhyped due to a few months of purple patch , try to think why all the top manager ( Poch , LVG , Mourinho ) has a problem with him and only lesser manager such as OGS and Southgate who rates him. I will stick with Telles for time being, we are doing better with him anyway , no lost in epl and less goals conceded when we start him.
:lol: :lol:

He's currently out of favour and struggling to get in the team and thinks now is the time to start shilling this nonsense? I don't want to overreact but it makes you wonder if all those coaches who questioned him were on to something.

Oranges038

He had 13 assists in the last 7-8 years which suggest that he isn't an assist monster , never was , never will. He is on 190k p/w , even at his best we won nothing with him as starting fullback. What Ralf should do is sell him next summer , and buy someone else. He is just a mediocre player who gets overhyped due to a few months of purple patch , try to think why all the top manager ( Poch , LVG , Mourinho ) has a problem with him and only lesser manager such as OGS and Southgate who rates him. I will stick with Telles for time being, we are doing better with him anyway , no lost in epl and less goals conceded when we start him.

He's had one half decent season in 7. This is his eight season and it's going the same way as the other 6. He's 26 now and he's still making the same stupid mistakes over and over. Definitely hasn't lived up to his early promise and one that needs to be replaced.

Cloud7

So this is his response to no longer being first choice huh :lol:

lost7

After last season, can't believe how quickly people are giving up on him. He was probably the best left back in the league and even at the Euros he was doing bits.

As soon as he's fit, I hope he'll reclaim his starting position from Telles because it's night and day difference between the 2. Shaw needs to wake the hell up, though, that's for sure

Devil’s Trident

The guy almost has all the issues martial had. Unmotivated, can’t be relied upon, one good season, no urgency, no pride, sulky, no positional awareness, lack of concentration/focus, no responsibility, no accountability, etc yet people are so convinced about him.

I’m not neither I was with Martial. These are bad eggs. These are cloggers who are talented but unmotivated and more interested in everything else but football. Give me a chicharito or a John O’Shea who are less talented but have the desire to utilise or even maximise their limited talent. Sick of hoarding wasters like him, martial, even pogba who are here for 6-7 years and we are still waiting for them to come good and fulfill their potential/ utilise their talent / be consistent, take your pick . Guess what ? that’s never gonna happen. Because the cloggers are lazy ,disinterested and don’t give a feck about winning trophies but more interested in playing well for some months and getting a raise. Useless twats riding on moments or one good season at most in all these 6-7 years at united. Pathetic. Get rid permanently of these termites.

Last edited:

Stgun

He's had one half decent season in 7. This is his eight season and it's going the same way as the other 6. He's 26 now and he's still making the same stupid mistakes over and over. Definitely hasn't lived up to his early promise and one that needs to be replaced.
He is unreliable, inconsistent , injury prone and has attitude issues outside of the pitch, possibly unprofessional as an athlete because he keeps looking overweight we should quickly sell him.

He’s currently injured, isn’t he? Why are people saying he’s been dropped from the squad?
Injured for what ? I think it's just public excuse to drop him , he was rarely injured under OGS, he always start from the beginning of this season until Rangnick. Rangnick doesn't rate him even when he was at his best

After last season, can't believe how quickly people are giving up on him. He was probably the best left back in the league and even at the Euros he was doing bits.

As soon as he's fit, I hope he'll reclaim his starting position from Telles because it's night and day difference between the 2. Shaw needs to wake the hell up, though, that's for sure
After last season ? How about after last 7 seasons ?
When Lingard did wonders under Jose , people said it was a purple patch
Luke Shaw has a decent few months in over 7 years of football and was said to be world class ? Must be because people do not like the previous manager and doesn't want to credit him for anything.
Unlike Telles , we have more than enough material to judge that Luke Shaw isn't good enough and should be sold as quick as possible. Beside even at his best we still couldn't keep clean sheet like we do today , so we shouldn't change the winning team , there is no reason to start Shaw back unless Telles is injured.

Last edited:

Oranges038

And some people can't believe that others think that 1 good season in 8 is enough for a player to be called world class.

He was good last season, but that should be his base level, not the absolute limit of his ability that he quickly regressed from.

You have to set standards and maintain them, he doesn't, he picks and chooses when he wants to play. He's not a reliable player, you just don't know what you are going to get from him on any day. Which is why he should be gotten rid of. I wouldn't even keep him as a back up.

arthurka

I would like to add that this so called world class season wasn't a full season it started in December and lasted until the summer. He is always terrible at the start of the season as he looks well out of shape coming from the summer vacation. Shaw is as much of a loss as Martial as he is truly talented and could have been such a good player.

OrcaFat

Probably the same people who wrote him off before the “Shawberto” period are writing him off again. I would agree, he goes through periods of erratic form and fitness but he is still a very good player. Not sure what all the NFT stuff is, don’t care, but pretty sure it has nothing to do with his form.

Remember the geese

I would like to add that this so called world class season wasn't a full season it started in December and lasted until the summer. He is always terrible at the start of the season as he looks well out of shape coming from the summer vacation. Shaw is as much of a loss as Martial as he is truly talented and could have been such a good player.
Not true at all. He finished the 19/20 season strongly. United lost to Palace at the beginning of last season. There was also the freakish defeat against Spurs. Other than that he was very consistent throughout the entire campaign.

arthurka

Not true at all. He finished the 19/20 season strongly. United lost to Palace at the beginning of last season. There was also the freakish defeat against Spurs. Other than that he was very consistent throughout the entire campaign.
We were shit at the end of the 19/20 season with him included like I said he hasn't tied together two seasons or even as full one where he played well.

Remember the geese

We were shit at the end of the 19/20 season with him included like I said he hasn't tied together two seasons or even as full one where he played well.
We weren't shit at the end of 19/20. We improved with the signing of Bruno and performed pretty well during project restart, clawing back points on Leicester and Chelsea to finish ahead of both.

Man Utd 1:1 Middlesbrough

Zoo

Crap tonight. Don’t think Telles is the answer but Shaw can have no complaints if he’s now second choice.

Marwood

Gave it a go but nobody can convince me he's in the physical shape expected of a top level athlete.

Ollie Derbyshire

Worst player for us tonight, slowed the game down too often and his crossing is abysmal. Needs some serious training drills.

Awful all season. Lost possession 34 times tonight - the same amount as Bruno and Sancho combined.

As talented as he is, the 'three good months, bad for six' pattern is unacceptable...and that's before you even start on his physical issues. He's 27 at the end of the season. Needs to be part of the clearout.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We need a new left back in the summer. Last season was just a purple patch.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The man was signed in 2013, and we’re still debating if he’s good enough.

Bin.

lost7

Awful today, where are his forward runs with or without the ball?

OrcaFat

Don’t know why anyone is picking on Shaw. He wasn’t great but he was as good as anyone else in the last hour. Put in some good crosses despite lack of movement and aggression ahead of him.

The problem was bad finishing, yes, but also we lost control of midfield (again).

AshRK

I keep on saying the guy is not that good. He has some odd good games but that's it. Doesn't even have the balls to come and take the pen.

Bwuk

He’s too unfit.

Look at the intensity the likes of Andy Robertson can play at. Shaw just plodders along.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Huge Shaw fan, but he is having a stinker. Starting to think Rangnick is right about him, he isn't good enough.

Kept running inside for some insane reason, Sancho at one point was point at him to make a run and he just standing still! All this while playing for place in team, where is the drive and determination?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Worst player for us tonight, slowed the game down too often and his crossing is abysmal. Needs some serious training drills.
He's not going to benefit from drills.
He's limited and has a poor football IQ.
He slows us down and rarely makes a good forward pass.
He can't use his right foot which is outrageous for a modern player.

He's a decent left defender when he's on his game bit that's it. United if they want to compete at elite level need to get a much better player

Status
Not open for further replies.