Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

Marcelo wasnt a fullback. He was a wingback
In the modern game, WB and FB role has merged for top teams.

You can't be just a FB in elite teams. Shaw played like WB most of the times, but when he needs to defend, he slot in the back four easily.

Ekeke

In the modern game, WB and FB role has merged for top teams.

You can't be just a FB in elite teams. Shaw played like WB most of the times, but when he needs to defend, he slot in the back four easily.
You're confusing attacking with being expected to put out left winger numbers in attack. Marcelo and Dani Alves were wingbacks, their quality was in attack not defending and their teams understood this and pushed them high up the pitch with others having to make up for it.

Shaw is a fullback who has quality delivery.

flappyjay

So nonchalant. Refusing to pass to Jesse or was it Sancho at the there was so annoying. To be fair it was the entire team bar Pogba and Greenwood were nonchalant, chilling at the beach vibes today.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hope he’s not believing in his own hype too much now. Needs to keep to the consistency he was at last season

Mr Smith

Poor today, frequently held onto the ball too long and failed to make the normal overlapping runs he's normally so good at. Hope he bounces back next week.

3KDré

Pretty sure the Southampton crowd was having an effect on him so I’ll excuse him for that one.

Sylar

It was his worst game in a long time for us. Tiredness?

He did hold onto the ball quite a lot near the end which was frustrating as it ruined a few of our attacks.

Hopefully hes back at it next week.

PoTMS

Another who was poor but another who gets a pass on the basis he's been carrying United (and England) for an entire season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Average performances.

I only liked his set piece plays.

jem

He has set such a high standard recently that his average performances really stick out. That being said, if I remember correctly, he was a bit iffy at the end of last season before having a stormer at the Euros. Wonder if he's still a bit tired (and maybe feeling the side effects of injury?)

Eddy_JukeZ

Him and Maguire were both competing for who could pointlessly hold onto the ball longer.

Hopefully a blip for Shaw. He was way too slow on the ball and kept hogging it needlessly killing potential for attacks.

E-mal

Poor performance yesterday.
I know is a sort of clichè and completely unrelated to the performance but his body built still remains an enigma to me.

Andersons Dietician

Him and Maguire were both competing for who could pointlessly hold onto the ball longer.

Hopefully a blip for Shaw. He was way too slow on the ball and kept hogging it needlessly killing potential for attacks.
To be fair to them both when there are no options cause one of the midfielders is playing behind you with one central by himself the 3rd off as a striker it takes away the options to actually play the ball forward other than a risky ball that will most likely result in a turn over of possesion.

So holding the ball waiting for someone anyone other than just lonely Fred to give an option was probably the right decision.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This might be confirmation bias but he and Maguire typically seem to have slow starts to the season. Not worried as I'm sure they'll be back to their usual standard soon enough.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It was his first poor performance in God knows how long. Could be a bit of Euros hangover. Nothing to worry about.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Surprisingly poor on Sunday. It's a good sign that it genuinely alarms me when he misplaces a pass or takes a touch too many.

Kopral Jono

Eh? I thought he played better yesterday than he did last week against Leeds. In any case I'm giving him a free pass, given that he wasn't actually fully fit even during the Euros.

Gums

The moments when he constantly dwelled on the ball in the last 15 were infuriating.
Agree. There were two situations I thought play had stopped because he was just passively standing there with the ball. These are the games I‘d like to see players like Shaw take initiative and pull others having a bad game out of their hole and fight their way back into a game. Attitude and appearance make a difference. And his were poor this time.

snk123

That was a surprisingly bad performance. Just goes to show that bar Pogba and Mason to an extent, everyone was extremely poor for some weird reason.

TheReligion

Abusive
Just had Shaw on sky talking about Ronaldo. As the question was being asked he began grinning from ear to ear.

That's exactly what having him at the club will do to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.