Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Garth Crooks' comments on him are interesting

Is it me or is Luke Shaw looking imperious at the moment? The Manchester United full-back brushed Miguel Almiron to one side in the game's early exchanges as if the Newcastle United playmaker had no right to be on the same pitch, never mind tackle him.

The England international then proceeded to take his game into the heart of the Newcastle defence to lay on an assist for Cristiano Ronaldo. I haven't seen Shaw play with the authority he is displaying at the moment. There is something quite special brewing at Old Trafford and Shaw is very much a part of it.
Did Garth mis the Euros, and just about the whole of last season?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Definitely missed the Shawberto memo

Red Royal

Garth Crooks' comments on him are interesting

Did Garth mis the Euros, and just about the whole of last season?
Reading Garth Crooks team of the week always gives me a chuckle; as he seems to have no idea of who actually has played well in the 10 games. That guy is a very poor 'pundit'.

Mickson

Mad to think the consensus this time last year was that he wasn't good enough going forward and was the weak link.
Yes, but that war fair comments IMO. He wasn't great going forward but in the last year, he has been brilliant in both directions.

Young Boys 2:1 Man Utd

Dve

I think we need Telles back to give Shaw the competition he seemingly needs. His start of the season has been pretty average, and I thought he was poor today. Caught sleeping a couple of times and handed Young Boys all the space they could possibly desire on his side.

The United

I don't mean just for this game. But, Shaw's defending of wide area from a defensive point of view is a bit weird. Like leaving tons of spaces to players to cross in. Happened a lot.

He stayed inside too much for a FB.

Dve

I don't mean just for this game. But, Shaw's defending of wide area from a defensive point of view is a bit weird. Like leaving tons of spaces to players to cross in. Happened a lot.

He stayed inside too much for a FB.
He cannot possible be criticised for that when he´s joining the attack, but that was not the case today. His positioning really was suspect on a couple of occasions.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Most bipolar thread ever, best lb in the world after the Newcastle game and now he’s looking average, weird.

Dve

Most bipolar thread ever, best lb in the world after the Newcastle game and now he’s looking average, weird.
I´m only talking about his game today. Luke is a brilliant left back, but he has not been having his best games so far this season. In my opinion, anyway. And no one should be immune to criticism, just as much as no one should be immune to praise, it you catch my drift.

M Bison

Supports
York City
I´m only talking about his game today. Luke is a brilliant left back, but he has not been having his best games so far this season. In my opinion, anyway. And no one should be immune to criticism, just as much as no one should be immune to praise, it you catch my drift.
agree, definitely not beyond criticism. I thought he was poor against Soton too and must admit concerned about his levels, the praise vs Newcastle was possible ott on reflection

Eddy_JukeZ

He was far too central for their equalizer. Really don't understand it since we had 3 center backs.

arthurka

He looks very much out of shape to be fair. Wonder if Tuchel would play him? He is back to old habits this season.

acnumber9

He’s been average all season. At best. Even Saturday, another player would’ve been roasted for the awful defending for their equaliser.

AshRK

Maybe in minority but he has started the season looking average. His crossing has been non existent, his defending looks poor. He looks lazy as well. Hopefully he regains his old form as ronaldo would definitely need a full back who can cross the ball.

Kopral Jono

Shaw's form has dipped a bit after his Euro exploits but even on this current form he still looks a lot better than when he was shite.

abkmufc92

His defending for the first goal last night was a joke, we had three centre backs on the pitch, why the feck was he tucked in that much instead of closing down the crosser.

Idxomer

His defending for the first goal last night was a joke, we had three centre backs on the pitch, why the feck was he tucked in that much instead of closing down the crosser.
That made no sense to me, we played 3 at the back to stop these kind of crosses but Shaw decided to join them in the middle for no apparent reason

abkmufc92

That made no sense to me, we played 3 at the back to stop these kind of crosses but Shaw decided to join them in the middle for no apparent reason
He and Wan Bissaka do this every game so it has to be tactical but it's daft defending, why give the attacking player as much space as they want to get a cross in. It will never make any sense to me.

MattofManchester

His crosses last season and during the Euros showed a marked improvement, but he seems to have regressed again as his crosses have been hopelessly wayward.

His defensive game has also been very suspect this season and he seems to lack concentration.

But the last issue seems constant among a majority of our players.

Needs to step up.

West Ham 1:2 Man Utd

M Bison

Supports
York City
Bit disappointed with his movement in giving the penalty away, experienced enough to know arm movement. Other than that, was fairly innocuous and didn’t offer a great deal going forward.

Brightonian

Bit disappointed with his movement in giving the penalty away, experienced enough to know arm movement. Other than that, was fairly innocuous and didn’t offer a great deal going forward.
He was part of every single attacking move we put together. He, Bruno and Ronaldo combining on the left was how we attacked in the first half. Didn't manage to make very clear breakthroughs because we were up against a sitting defence; that's how that works. But he didn't put a foot wrong. Very consistent delivery with dead balls, too.

Not sure what you were watching, to be honest.

The United

Not closing down fast enough on his crossers has been an issue and if he closed it down faster, hand-to-ball probably might not happen.

Both of our FBs are good on 1 on 1, pacey and strong, yet we are probably instructed them to tuck in the middle too deep to prevent from crosses coming in. Pretty annoying.

M Bison

Supports
York City
He was part of every single attacking move we put together. He, Bruno and Ronaldo combining on the left was how we attacked in the first half. Didn't manage to make very clear breakthroughs because we were up against a sitting defence; that's how that works. But he didn't put a foot wrong. Very consistent delivery with dead balls, too.

Not sure what you were watching, to be honest.
I was watching the same game as you, just have a different view on things, I also thought his corners weren’t great either.

Unlucky for the penalty but good otherwise. One problem we need to fix is the gaping hole when he goes forward, Maguire isn't covering anywhere near fast enough.

marktan

He's one of the very few attacking outlets we have out wide. We desperately need an attacking RB and a winger that can dribble fast. Can you imagine someone like Saint Maximin taking on the full backs, then cutting it back to Shaw to pass into the box with space? Too often we're asking Shaw to be the only runner on either flank, especially when Mason tucks in.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Poor today. I don't think he is back to his best yet. You can't defend like that, in the box. It was poor..

Amount of space they had on his side was huge. I don't know if it was because he didn't get any help from the left winger but pretty much all of the Westham play came via right side.

NZT-One

Maybe in minority but he has started the season looking average. His crossing has been non existent, his defending looks poor. He looks lazy as well. Hopefully he regains his old form as ronaldo would definitely need a full back who can cross the ball.
I guess then I am in the same minority as you. Shaw certainly wasn't bad today but to call this a good to very good performance I expect quite a bit more from him. Maybe he is too comfortable now knowing his place is safe, there are players who need the pressure.

MattofManchester

Him and Pogba mostly responsible for slowing us down today.
Also needs to come off corner duty for a while, because those along with his crosses are aimless.
Have been for some time now.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not his best game, but still important to our attacking play overall. But his defensive not has not been as good as it usually is. Could be down to fitness or fatigue, but we can't drop him in the league.

Hopefully he gets a break in the league cup midweek.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
When we are on counter attack and he has the space in front of him, he is the one that should be running with the ball and not passing it back to the midfielder like Fred to run with it. It's literally the most important thing fullback should do.

Status
Not open for further replies.