Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil may care

He was part of every single attacking move we put together. He, Bruno and Ronaldo combining on the left was how we attacked in the first half. Didn't manage to make very clear breakthroughs because we were up against a sitting defence; that's how that works. But he didn't put a foot wrong. Very consistent delivery with dead balls, too.

Not sure what you were watching, to be honest.
Pretty much my thoughts, he's not hit the highs of last season yet but he was good today.

Strats

Hasn't really come up to the level we've been spoilt to see.

Needs a rest imo. I mean, didn't he play through the end of the euros with broken ribs and then started first game of the season?

mu4c_20le

Sell him. He really thinks he's the second coming of Roberto Carlos now.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Most of our goals this season have come from his side, has this laziness about him again. And this was also visible near the end of last season.

Good thing we have Telles, so a break or two might force Shaw to get his act together again.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
One of our best players today. Unfortunate with the penalty.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Fernandez will have to demonstrate that he can actually defend at U23s level before he can get onto the pitch as a full-back for the seniors. Lovely player and all but barely a defender.
West Ham will 100% rest many players too.

There will be U23 players on the bench and i reckon Fernandez will be on the bench....yes he must improve his game but i see him on the bench.

LazyGoal

To the tune of Boney M’s «Brown Girl In The Ring»

Shaw me a motion
Tra la la la la
Come on show me your motion
Tra la la la la la
Shaw me a motion
Tra la la la la
He looks like a sugar in a plum
Plum plum

Could be fun..

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He basically played wingback against West Ham, because Pogba was dropping so deep into midfield. It doesn't suit him because he was either against two players or tucked a bit inside.
He needs a winger/wide player ahead of him and he'll be fine.

lex talionis

Solid enough so far, well within the normal fluctuation of a top player’s performance level over the course of a season.

I’d like to return to the handball decision. If that’s a handball then how many centimeters away from where his arm actually was should it have been for him to have not committed a handball offense?

meninred

One referee was saying that if your hand are 'far" from your body you always risk a penatly. In measurements god knows what far means ..maybe 45 degress or more from your body..? Look show arm seems perpedicular almost 90 degrees ??

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Don't know what's wrong. He is yet to reach that level he showed last year.

jem

The amateur psychology on display here is laughable. Shaw hasn't had the best start, but I don't get these accusations of laziness or coasting.

Devil may care

Like Maguire e wasn't playing well before the injury, both played injured at the Euros and I think we are seeing the aftereffects.

Andersons Dietician

Yeah that moment early on where he totally missed his header then eventually got back in and didn’t match the run was some pretty piss poor defending.

There have been some pretty alarming signs for me recently. I had put it down to the Suicide defending style we are going for where he and Bissaka are pushed so far up that our really poor ball retention and the amount of times we turn over possesion was leading to them getting caught out of position but even basic things he seems to be getting wrong.

Got to say, there was one moment where he controlled a ball dropping from the sky and Cafu would have been proud of that one. It’s just a shame he was tackled promptly after that amazing bit of tekkers.

A-man

First playing poorly then injured, not good, he was our x-factor last season.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Dalot was a massive improvement on him when he came on which says a lot about his performance today...hope the injury isn't serious bit he needs to wake up, been subpar so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.