Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

3vra

Do we know what kind of injury It is and how long its gonna be ?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hope he's not out for long. But a little break won't do him harm. He's been pretty shit this season and not at all the good version of Shaw.

Mingus

Hope he's not out for long. But a little break won't do him harm. He's been pretty shit this season and not at all the good version of Shaw.
That could be something to do with who he's had in front of him on the LH side.

poleglass red

He and Maguire haven't been great this season, possibly a carryover from their exploits with England. Shaw has been slowing play down too much in final third, he needs to vary it up more, actually put a few early crosses in, Ronaldo's movement in the box and ability in the air aren't being fully exploited yet.Hopefully when Sancho is up to speed we will see more of that from right hand side as well.

Theo88

This could come out as a bit of a daft question, but here it goes. Could Shawberto Carlos be repurposed a bit perhaps and play a CDM role for us ? He can defend space, he can man mark and tackle a bit, his passing is fine or zidane-esq sporadically, his stamina aint too bad. If, this is a big if, telles ups his game a bit, we have an attacking full back in the brasilian who can overlap and cross the ball. Do we also have someone in Shaw who could be used as a cdm destroyer when the opportunity is there ?

Man Utd 1:1 Everton

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Completely abandoned his area of the pitch to try to half heartedly tackle that guy while there were three other United players there.
At no stage did he look over his shoulder to see what was going on behind him.

How can you be a defender with such a lack of responsibility?

flappyjay

Completely abandoned his area of the pitch to try to half heartedly tackle that guy while there were three other United players there.
At no stage did he look over his shoulder to see what was going on behind him.

How can you be a defender with such a lack of responsibility?
I was fuming when I saw the replay.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
That goal is on him despite Fred's weakness.

The ball was not danger. Not even close. Amateur hour there.

snk123

Awful start to the season. At fault for the offside goal as well. Just looks a shadow of the player he was last season

CloneMC16

He massively over committed. Maybe we still concede, but I think they have a harder time if he doesn't run across like he did. Haven't seen Shawberto this season. Really poor start to the season for him.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Awful start to the season. At fault for the offside goal as well. Just looks a shadow of the player he was last season
That one was nearly worse. He started jogging back out in the completely wrong position and didn't even look over to the part of the pitch he was responsible for

Walters_19_MuFc

Decent firs half. Got down the flank well and linked up well with Martial and Bruno.

Didn't see too much of that in the second. Also, overcompensated way too much for Everton's goal. Ran in field when Lindelof was there. Had he stayed in his positon, he'd have been there to confront Townsend.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Last season's gone to his head.

kps88

He's been poor all season for me. He's also far too passive when we're attacking. I want to see him bust a gut and consistently overlap/get to the byline more but I don't think he has the fitness for that. Becomes a lot harder to break teams down when both our fullbacks are so passive going forward.

Sylar

Attacking wise did well.

That goal we conceded, I have no idea why hes charging across when its not a danger at that moment. He basically just left an area exposed for a guy to finish easily.
And where was he for Evertons offside goal? How does our left side always get exposed like that?

-Supreme-

He doesn't look fit enough and why was he not taking right sided corners anymore? Is it because the coaching team don't want him to run across the other side of the pitch?

LoneStar

Has looked poor so far this season. Nowhere near the level of the past season or the Euros. Needs to get it together.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why would he even try to run across the pitch ? This is itself evidence of shit coaching and discipline.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Said it last week already, him and Maguire have been poor all season.

Add Varane in there as well.

Bit funny our best defenders this season are the ones who've been hated on here and said to be the weak links (AWB, Lindelof).

kps88

Attacking wise did well.
Did he? Most of the time he just stood and watched while Sancho had two men on him. Rest of the time was spent passing it sideways/backwards. I want to see him finding a yard of space and whipping in crosses.

IrishMcD

I said it pregame, starting him today was a disgrace. He has been playing poorly, then had a small injury and apparently was ill the last few weeks. Telles played well midweek and scored. His reward is to be dropped again for an under performing Shaw. What kinda message does that send to both players? Play well or shite, doesn't make a difference. And as predicted, pathetic today. Out of position constantly and needed too many touches all the time. Started lethargically and with a level of arrogance. That's on how he is being managed

Sylar

Did he? Most of the time he just stood and watched while Sancho had two men on him. Rest of the time was spent passing it sideways/backwards. I want to see him finding a yard of space and whipping in crosses.
In the first half he linked well with Martial and got into good spaces for passing and keeping moves going. He wasnt great, but he did well.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has been awful this season. Abandoned the left side unnecessarily to lead to their goal.

It’s the same old thing with Shaw, he’s been doing this for the past 7 years I’m surprised you guys haven’t noticed this theme with him.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s playing in second gear. I’d say the EL run and the Euros really took it out of him. Hard to go back to staring down the barrel of another 60 games empty handed after a really good season from him. He came into this season carrying a knock too and was doubtful to start but has played pretty much every minute of every game since. Hopefully Ole can rotate but I really think he’s a terrible manager when it comes to that. Hopefully Shaw can go back up through the gears and we are still involved when we get the business end of the season. These guys aren’t robots. Their highest level can’t just be switched on and off but I agree for the most part he’s been too causal so far this season.

GMoore23

I said it pregame, starting him today was a disgrace. He has been playing poorly, then had a small injury and apparently was ill the last few weeks. Telles played well midweek and scored. His reward is to be dropped again for an under performing Shaw. What kinda message does that send to both players? Play well or shite, doesn't make a difference. And as predicted, pathetic today. Out of position constantly and needed too many touches all the time. Started lethargically and with a level of arrogance. That's on how he is being managed
This pisses me off big time. Ole has no balls, he appears to pick a lot of the team based on rep or safety first instead of form. No player at a Manchester United should have a guaranteed starting spot if their performances don't back it up.

el3mel

Telles didn't play well against Villareal though ? The goal was great but his performance was terrible.

Doesn't mean that I disagree with the fact Shaw has been shit this season.

DON’T PANIC ™

Telles is a liability. He was blessed that Dalot was completely outclassed on the opposite side meaning Villareal concentrated all their attacks on that side.
Shaw hasn’t been as good as last season but no way I’d pick Telles over him if he’s fit to play.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Has he had a good game this season ? Just give that time to Telles.

jem

Telles is a liability. He was blessed that Dalot was completely outclassed on the opposite side meaning Villareal concentrated all their attacks on that side.
Shaw hasn’t been as good as last season but no way I’d pick Telles over him if he’s fit to play.
This is the problem: as bad as Shaw has looked at times this season, he still looks way better than Telles (who has been utterly underwhelming - that goal aside.) It's the same with Wan Bissaka and Dalot. Hopefully Shaw snaps out of it. If not, then suddenly FB becomes a bit of a dodgy position for the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.