Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

TempusFugit

Been watching some analysis of our past games and he needs to remember that he's a left back during defensive transitions. Twice now he's gone running towards the ball instead of making sure his position is adequately covered. Very dissapointing from him. He needs to get back to his best soon.

Raven

He needs a proper rest, no doubt Southgate will play him every minute though.

Oranges038

Been watching some analysis of our past games and he needs to remember that he's a left back during defensive transitions. Twice now he's gone running towards the ball instead of making sure his position is adequately covered. Very dissapointing from him. He needs to get back to his best soon.
That's not a new thing with him though. It's been quite common during his entire time. Defensive positioning and awareness isn't his strongest point.

Kostov

That's not a new thing with him though. It's been quite common during his entire time. Defensive positioning and awareness isn't his strongest point.
I don't think it was an awareness problem to be fair against Everton, he knew exactly what he was doing, tried to go and snatch the runner thinking he will outsmart the Everton duo, it was very stupid decision and something he often does, sometimes he wins the ball back sometimes he doesn't.

Oranges038

I don't think it was an awareness problem to be fair against Everton, he knew exactly what he was doing, tried to go and snatch the runner thinking he will outsmart the Everton duo, it was very stupid decision and something he often does, sometimes he wins the ball back sometimes he doesn't.
He often makes stupid decisions, because his positioning and awareness is poor.

It was pure shite ball watching defending. He had no need to go running over there, if angles his body right, with a quick glance and he can see Townsend coming, he stays in position, goal is avoided.

If that's not bad positioning and awareness I don't know what is.

Kostov

He often makes stupid decisions, because his positioning and awareness is poor.

It was pure shite ball watching defending. He had no need to go running over there, if angles his body right, with a quick glance and he can see Townsend coming, he stays in position, goal is avoided.

If that's not bad positioning and awareness I don't know what is.
He was pretty much aware of where Townsend was, he tried to be smart ass and cut the source, stupid decision and execution, and it's not the first time I agree.

Marwood

Not great for England the other night, been poor this season generally, wonder what his issue is, perhaps just needs a rest?
Almost don't want to go there but is he looking a bit chunky again?

I know he'll always be thick set and its a real advantage at times but it's always a fine line with him.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

I know he'll always be thick set and its a real advantage at times but it's always a fine line with him.
There is a common link between him being overweight and his form declining but I don't see any weight gain personally his form is just awful, my thoughts are that last season he played too much compared to what he had previously.

Smores

Not great for England the other night, been poor this season generally, wonder what his issue is, perhaps just needs a rest?
He looks like he's bought into his own hype going forward and it's made his weaknesses worse.

Our coaching team need to remind him of his role. If that's not too negative for him.

SeanyC

Sure most of us said that about Rooney and that turned out alright, Shaw will be fine, just think he’s one of many having enough of this coaching imo. Could be worse, he could look like Adebayo Akinfenwa :lol:

JuriM

A bit suspected already, but he has played with injury for quite a bit already + was ill also.

Glorio

I know a lot of players play through some form of injury but I hope he truly is getting better, as I don't see the point of having a squad if we keep on insisting on playing injured players. According to the interview/article (on the official manutd site) he's been playing with barely any training at all . Surely that could risk a bigger injury?

GueRed

yep every footballer play with some niggle or some sort. You hope it's nothing too serious it'll clear up with enough rest and therapy between sessions...

MattofManchester

I know a lot of players play through some form of injury but I hope he truly is getting better, as I don't see the point of having a squad if we keep on insisting on playing injured players. According to the interview/article (on the official manutd site) he's been playing with barely any training at all . Surely that could risk a bigger injury?
Its getting pathetic how often we are doing this to players.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Wasn't even sure he would start the season when his injuries picked up on England duty were reported - Telles was out as well wasn't he?

Sounds like he's just not had the rest or recovery needed - he's got plenty of credit in the bank from last season he'll get back to it I'm sure.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
hopefully not a Rashford situation with Shaw all this season and Telles chomping at the bit and never playing. If Shaw needs a few weeks out then give it to him. There’s never a good time. What’s worse is letting him play poorly all season instead.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905

A bit suspected already, but he has played with injury for quite a bit already + was ill also.
Let's hope we can use Telles being sort of in-form and fit to play along with his hunger to show his worth on the pitch to give Shaw his needed rest in some games. We need him firing at all cylinders, not just 70% which is borderline not good enough Shaw. Need our fullback game at the best for such dully tactically managed team.

Leicester 4:2 Man Utd

zaafi

How many fecking times today has Shaw mispassed the ball because he can only pass with one fecking foot? Absolute disgrace. Imagine being a footballer that has spent his entire life with a ball at your feet and you can't even pass it with your weaker foot.

spiriticon

Chippy tits is back. Fecking diabolical marking at the back post for a few games now.

kps88

I know he's the least of our problems and this isn't very logical, but, he annoys the feck out of me every time he's on the ball. Absolutely zero urgency.

RedRoach

Passing today was appalling, but the whole left side was chaos. Him and Maguire looked like Donkeys out there.

el3mel

Feels like he thinks he has done his job by the end of the Euro. Someone needs to reminds him he has won feck all so far.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He's playing different role this season, which is bizarre. He's most effective as a ball carrier on the left, and now he seems to be more playing more narrow.

KingCavani

Most overrated player in football.

Even if his so called great spells were never even that good.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Post euros hangover. Happens.
Problem Luke has is Chilwell is getting back into the media notice. He could be lucky that Gareth seems to stick to ones who haven't let him down, although he did give that penalty away. Maybe it will focus Luke to improve again like, Telles focused him.

dmst

Most overrated player in football.

Even if his so called great spells were never even that good.
Seems like the anti Shaw brigade is coming out of the woodworks again.

You must have missed the whole of last season and the Euros.

Devil may care

He' definitely not at his best right now, far from it, but the cross for the winner was quality.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's either making a lot of wrong choices or he's really unlucky. I'm no expert in defensive game but something is off with Shaw.
Yep, for that first goal, absolutely bizarre decision making from him. He should have been out there and covered the space zappacosta went into, even just to block the cross.

pascell

He's either making a lot of wrong choices or he's really unlucky. I'm no expert in defensive game but something is off with Shaw.
There's a reason why Jose had to talk him through where to be in a whole game. He has lapses in concentration which in turn leads to him being severely out of position when defending.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He tends to need a lot of help from Maguire with his defending. Something underrated about him though is his control. His touch from a long ball or something pelted at him is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.