Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
He's one of the most talented players at the club. But his fitness issues are a problem.

I can forgive him for last season because he had a long season before, and then he was out injured for almost the entire second half (which people seem to ignore). But he should've used this summer to come back raring and for whatever reason he didn't. Doesn't make sense at times.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's one of the most talented players at the club. But his fitness issues are a problem.

I can forgive him for last season because he had a long season before, and then he was out injured for almost the entire second half (which people seem to ignore). But he should've used this summer to come back raring and for whatever reason he didn't. Doesn't make sense at times.
Although is looking physically fitter than he has done in ages. I wouldn’t write off his efforts this season based on bad performances in fixtures where our entire team looked useless.

Strats

Glad he's doing well. Is it just me or does he look a tad slimmer?

Skills

Snitch
Although is looking physically fitter than he has done in ages. I wouldn’t write off his efforts this season based on bad performances in fixtures where our entire team looked useless.
Yeah he is, but shouldn't he have looked like that for the first game of the season? He had a full pre-season.

I'm a massive fan, because his talent is unquestionable. All the other full backs at the club aren't even half as talented, so it's just annoying to not make the most of it for something as basic as fitness or intensity.

Shiva87

Very weak for the 3rd goal. That's the shaw that comes out when he gets complacent!

I wish he could maintain his performance for 90 mins!

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Very weak for the 3rd goal. That's the shaw that comes out when he gets complacent!

That’s all on Pope.

Trequarista10

Blimey, is it just me or does he look like he’s lost some serious bulk/weight? He looks a more trim than he was at the beginning of the season. Looking sharper too!
Came here to post this, definitely slimmer. Generally his good runs of form coincide with him being leaner.

He was decent today, couple excellent moments, a couple sloppy moments, but better than the sluggish performances we've seen the past 12-15 months or so.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Fantastic pass to Sterling! I’ve seen him do those types of passes before, mostly in an England shirt. So he certainly has that in his locker. Great competition for Malacia who hasn’t been that fantastic.

Shiva87

That’s all on Pope.
Absolutely it is. But if you look at Shaw - he isn't ready for the situation and tries (weakly) to move Havertz away from the ball. He should be doing better there.

However - i do think he had a very good game. Definitely showing ETH that he was options at LB!

Rossa

I cannot believe he’s being praised for looking fitter and having worked out. Should be the bare minimum. The fact that it is a discussion tells a story.

Bondi77

The GK made a massive blunder and Luke played no part in that whatsoever!
Get off his case and blame the guilty party FFS!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Was always hopeful that genuine competition at left back will do him good. Malacia arriving means he is absolutely not a banker anymore.

He certainly has a role to play for us - if he manages to outperform Malacia, which will be a very good feat, then we'll be lucky to have two firing left backs.

Rolaholic

Honestly the problem has never once been his ability, he's proven repeatedly that he's got a top quality player in him.

The issue is all the bad habits that he hasn't kicked yet and how complacent he becomes once his position isn't under threat

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
With all the shit he’s gotten recently the heights he hit when at his best have been forgotten. On top of his game he can be a TAA style playmaker.
A somewhat delerious comment Pogue. That's nonsense. He has a good forward pass in his locker but has the good taste to ration it to once every 6 months, thus driving us wild when he pulls one out, as opposed to Trent, pinging world class deliveries around like a drunken sailor on shore leave, taking all the fun out of it to the extent that his national team boss is hilariously going to leave him at home for the WC.

hart

Yeah he is, but shouldn't he have looked like that for the first game of the season? He had a full pre-season.

I'm a massive fan, because his talent is unquestionable. All the other full backs at the club aren't even half as talented, so it's just annoying to not make the most of it for something as basic as fitness or intensity.
Lots of player also have talent but talent alone without consistency , application and commitment is meaningless. Jose Mourinho was right about his lack of footballing IQ, with him in the team there is always a chance of us conceding a goal , always chance for opposition to score if they tried to exploit his area. You can't win anything with a defender whose concentration can't be maintained for 90 minutes. The last time we won a trophy was when he was our benchwarmer.

Exmanc

I thought he played well. He’s an excellent passer of the ball, but he didn’t play well last season for us,

TheRedHearted

He's England's best midfielder as well. He's the closest thing they've got to a progressive passer.
I’ve wanted him to play midfield for us for some time in the double pivot. We finally have another left back so who knows. If casemiro kicks on, the two of them or if Scott continues to play the way he is playing Shaw makes a good partner there.

SinNombre

As always, clubbing him with Maguire has always been a lazy and stupid take.

He is one of the few players in the squad who has had world class seasons. Despite what the 1 good game in 6 months idiots like to shout.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
A somewhat delerious comment Pogue. That's nonsense. He has a good forward pass in his locker but has the good taste to ration it to once every 6 months, thus driving us wild when he pulls one out, as opposed to Trent, pinging world class deliveries around like a drunken sailor on shore leave, taking all the fun out of it to the extent that his national team boss is hilariously going to leave him at home for the WC.
Obviously comparing his passing to Trent is going overboard, but he also does it a hell of a lot more than once every six months. There have been long stretches where Shaw has acted as our main playmaker and we've looked completely unable to progress the ball when he hasn't played. I'm not talking just his one world class season either, there were regular times before that even when he wasn't playing quite as well. Obviously that was partly due to the limitations we had in midfield, but it was also a testament to Shaw's ability on the ball.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I’ve wanted him to play midfield for us for some time in the double pivot. We finally have another left back so who knows. If casemiro kicks on, the two of them or if Scott continues to play the way he is playing Shaw makes a good partner there.
Same. I always thought he would make a good DM for us. He’s relatively press resistant, can dribble his way out of trouble and has shown that he can be our playmaker albeit from left back.

Vernon Philander

Luke "one and a half good seasons out of eight" Shaw should be tried at DM?

Close the thread here. People are delirious.

Status
Not open for further replies.