Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazza

Shaw said: “The good thing with this manager is that if you’re not playing well then you won’t play. In the past that’s not been the case but I think the good thing about this manager is that he’s keeping everyone on their toes. He makes sure that everyone is 100% every day. If you’re not at it then you won’t play. That’s a positive thing. We all know that. And for me I’ve just got to keep working harder.”

The 27-year-old says he could not argue with Ten Hag’s decision to drop him after a poor start to the season. “I didn’t really need him to say anything to me – I knew,” Shaw said. “I knew the first two games were nowhere near good enough. I completely understood that it was my time to come out of the team. The results were bad, my performances were not good enough.

“I just had to keep training hard every day so the manager could see I was training hard. I was just waiting for my opportunity and had to bide my time because the team were doing well and we were winning. You can’t moan; I just had to be there every day with the team, being involved and helping the team, whether that is starting or being on the bench.”
fair play for recognizing why he was rightly dropped earlier this season. Needless to say the bit about the team not being picked on merit in the past is something we all knew but interesting to see being talked about openly.

Bobski

Shaw should consistently be the best full back in the league. His technical level puts cultured midfielders to shame, he is strong, fast and confident on the ball.

Be that guy consistently Shaw.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Was very good, glad he's picked form. Has been a great turnaround.

A-man

Defensively this was his best game in a very long time. First Telles, then Malacia… this little fecker needs some fire up the arse.

lsd

The Oracle
Might be the best I've seen from him at least for a long time anyway.

RedDevil@84

It is silly that he needs someone stealing his position to perform, but long may it continue.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I had lost faith in Shaw. Its been eight years and he's had one standout season. Last few appearances though, he's making me think last season was the blip and the season before was the start of something better.

criticalanalysis

Deserves all the plaudits tonight. Was incredible and played how we'd expect him to.

Last edited:

Aint gota Kalou

Bodies people and is technically great. It's really infuriating as he should the best full back in the league every year.

OmarUnited4ever

He is has to keep it up, today's performance should be his base level, and either he sustains it or improves upon it, he can do it and hopefully he does

Skills

Snitch
He provides that bit of class and composure that we lack at times. Rarely ever makes the wrong pass

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
What a fantastic left back he is on his day, hopefully those days of Shawberto Carlos are coming back.

Idxomer

Not surprised our possession game went up a level with him back in the team and performing well.

76 passes and 110 touches today.

Andersons Dietician

At times you forget how good of an actual footballer he is. If he’d scored that volley… technique on it from a stupidly hard angle. Not the first time seen him do something similar. Then there is the cold blooded first touches from balls dropping whilst people are trying to close him down.

I suppose when you’re an absolute unit, have a touch like he does and pace you too can look like you’re just out in the park having a kick about.

Bobade

His first touch is exquisite.
My thoughts exactly watching this match - how many times does he trap a ball from the air like a magnet? Great today. Power, pace, technique. He has it all when he's on his game.

Idxomer

At times you forget how good of an actual footballer he is. If he’d scored that volley… technique on it from a stupidly hard angle. Not the first time seen him do something similar. Then there is the cold blooded first touches from balls dropping whilst people are trying to close him down.

I suppose when you’re an absolute unit, have a touch like he does and pace you too can look like you’re just out in the park having a kick about.
That's the problem with him tbf.

Once he feels he doesn't need to put in as much effort, he just looks lazy and uninterested.

Status
Not open for further replies.