Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldanoGraham

Like I said pre season, it's only a matter of time till Malacia starts over this overrated guy
Totally agree - Shaw just flatters to deceive and is always caught out the wrong side. Doesn’t really do anything going forward or going back.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s got an incredible first touch and he’s quite good at progressing the ball forward by my word are his fitness and intensity levels a joke. Such a lazy fullback

TempusFugit

A good player who doesn't bother to try. He's decently quick and strong but refuses to make use of his talents to help the team. Prefers to be lazy, and let inferior players make him look bad. Was furious when Donny found space in the LM area and screamed at Shaw to pass instead he sent a lazy pass back into the already congested midfield. Malacia should start the next game.

Marwood

He looked way off it in pre season. Appears years of not being match fit are now affecting his pace. It always catches up with a player eventually when youth can no longer compensate(see Rooney).

He them missed those crucial two weeks before the season with injury.

So its no surprise he was rubbish today.

He should be the best left back in the league. But in reality we should be looking to move him on.

lsd

The Oracle
Shaw is our biggest problem in my opinion. He had somehow kept his place for years now despite not being very good definitively or going forward.

He has also mostly avoided the criticism other players get like Maguire and McTominey somehow.

Malacia has got to be given a run of games over him to cement his place

peridigm

Both full backs were bad today. He will be dropped for the next match.

DomM

Overweight and lazy, what the hell is he doing in our team, just get rid.

AndyMUFC

I just get tired of him slowing everything down constantly. He's one of the worst players we've got for lack of intensity. Very good left back when on form but his mentality is so questionable.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
How he allowed Solly fecking March to get that shot off so easily for their second is beyond me.

DavelinaJolie

Yeah, that pattern is impossible to ignore. I've always hoped he could maintain the consistency of performance he was achieving pre-leg break, and thought with the Year leading up to the Euros that he was getting there. But it's just not happening and as I've said before, after a period of time you see what a player is and in Shaw's case he's shown he can have great purple patches, but he'll come crashing down quickly enough.

Eddy_JukeZ

He plays at half speed the entire game.

There was an instance in the 2nd half that sums him up.

It was a loose ball and instead of busting his butt off to get it cleanly to progress play quickly, he jogs and Welbeck almost nicks it from him. It's frustrating to watch him play.

@GifLord need you to find it. It was in the 2nd half at some point. Can't remember the time-stamp.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
There was a sloppiness about his game. Generally slow in reacting. This wasn't the player we saw at the Euros.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
He’s got an incredible first touch and he’s quite good at progressing the ball forward by my word are his fitness and intensity levels a joke. Such a lazy fullback
He's awful at progressing the ball forward. He stops and turns and passes it back most of the time. His brain doesn't cope with the idea of progression. Limited player. I've said it for a long time. One of the first team regulars that's just bang average.

led_scholes

His fitness issue were here since LVG first season. 8 years later we are still talking about his fitness. And people still want him here. Sell him and delete him from our club's history. Awful attitude and not that talented to mask the stinky attitude.

Lyng

He was woeful against Brighton. We should start Malacia next game.

Dan_F

I missed the last couple of pre season games, but I found it bizarre that he was starting yesterday. There’s an incredible player in there, but he’s clearly not going to reach those heights for whatever reason.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
It's time to move on, both for his and our sake.

Cloud7

Is his contract up soon? If so I don't see any reason why we should renew him. We need to stop clinging on to his one good season and move on.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He, like Maguire yesterday, were like kids trying to recitate a poetry their teacher ask them to.

It was so obvious that what ETH asked them was against nature and he struggled by being on the pitch.

He's there since 8 years and really need to be benched and we need to move on.

Maybe 7 clubs in the league have better left back than him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Thats De Gea’s fault
It isn’t De Gea’s fault that March was able to do exactly what he telegraphed to do, without too much effort. Just as Shaw does not block crosses, he also doesn’t block shots.

SalfordTED

He looked way off it in pre season. Appears years of not being match fit are now affecting his pace. It always catches up with a player eventually when youth can no longer compensate(see Rooney).

He them missed those crucial two weeks before the season with injury.

So its no surprise he was rubbish today.

He should be the best left back in the league. But in reality we should be looking to move him on.
He cant defend

He never stops crosses

He's not a very good tackler

so why should he be the best left back in the league ??

Marwood

He cant defend

He never stops crosses

He's not a very good tackler

so why should he be the best left back in the league ??
Because he has the ability to do all those things. There's no skill in stopping a cross. Its just a question of effort and application with him. On top of that he has natural gifts, strength, pace, a lovely first touch, good left foot, good in the air. Everything that's needed.

But he unfortunately chooses not to be the player he could be.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He just looked so unfit and out of shape again on the weekend. This has obviously been a persistent issue with Shaw, and it looks like it's going to continue. The lethargy in his overall play is infuriating. I just can't accept that as a fan. If you haven't got the quality then that's one thing, but this jogging back bollox does my head in. Just no urgency whatsoever.

romufc

I used to really like Shaw but it is so clear that he is average.

He never engages a player when 1v1 which is really frustrating because he ends up either allowing a pass, cross or a shot. How many times have we had defensive issues where he doesn't get tight and players shimmy, get a cross in?

March is left footed, not very skillful and he gave him yards to shimmy left and shoot. Its actually pathetic defending.

Chairman Steve

I’m not seeing it with him either. He looks ponderous and seemingly prone to being drawn out of position a lot, which adds substance to Jose’s theory of having to actively micromanage him in matches.

His contract is up next year but he has another year as an option. I would lean heavily towards looking to sell by this time next year. He is bog standard, serviceable English left back who someone from mid-table will take on.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Lazy, overweight, slow, passive. Malacia is a lot better, would rather have Brandon Williams play LB. Just get rid please.

crossy1686

career ending
This lad has been shit since he before he broke his leg. He’s had two good seasons since he arrived, the fact he’s still here shows you how badly we’ve been fecking run

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Sums up the post fergie era. Expensive. Massive salary. Can't really be arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.