Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Didn't play CB in a back three under Ole a few times and played very well there as well.
True. But like you said, it was only a few times, and nothing impressive enough to make people clamoring him as competent CB backup in back 4. It wasn't long or often enough to be deemed "converted". It's like Cucurella in back 3 with Chelsea.

Kopral Jono

Shaw would actually excel in rugby. In normal time there was a moment where he shrugged Mitoma off as if he was flinging off a small insect.

criticalanalysis

Great first half putting out fires but all over the place positionally in the second half. His partner didn't help with no leadership or direction.

RedDevil@84

His performances were consistent with the rest of the team. Brilliant first half, meh second half.

Sylar

Maybe our best player overall given how crap as a team we were second half?

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He's probably the only player in this current team who I say this for- it will be a travesty for a man of his talent to have played for Utd so long and not win a PL title.

lex talionis

Excellent performance. We have our fourth CB should we find a buyer for Maguire, but I still prefer him at LB.

Bwuk

For me, he should be our first choice left back, and if Martinez isn’t available he should play CB.

He’s so much better than Maguire or Lindelof.

Idxomer

He was our best fullback tonight despite playing as a Centre back.

That's not a good look for Dalot, AWB and Malacia.

Abraxas

For me, he should be our first choice left back, and if Martinez isn’t available he should play CB.

I agree, this is the way I see it with the current squad composition. It's about using him where he is going to most benefit the team, and with Malacia and Dalot's current level we can't really afford to not have him at LB when Martinez is fit.

Looking into the future I could see him playing quite a few positions well. LB, CB, and I wouldn't completely rule out an appearence in midfield at some point! He's got a strong build, speed, some of the best technical quality in the team and can read a game, so I believe he can play anywhere in those areas. It's just intensity and keeping his eye on the ball, that's the only thing with him.

CM

He was great in the first half. His level dropped slightly in the second but the defence around him was falling apart and he had to engage high because the midfield weren't doing their jobs either. I felt sorry for him having to play with that collection of shite around him.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Be careful there, mate. Someone would get maadd...

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
It's like watching blond Martinez there. Amazing performance.
No chance Licha gets found out casually strolling like Shaw for their equaliser. Licha would have run up the pitch as soon as Degea kicked the ball.

Shaw lost concentration, stayed in the back, wrong positioning and marking some offside player, instead of pushing forward into his man (Kane).

Those with stream service just rewatch the goal incident. Shaw is much more guilty than Malacia, who did the right thing going up into his man.

https://i.ibb.co/YtCvQJv/luke-shaw-fecking-up.png

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
No chance Licha gets found out casually strolling like Shaw for their equaliser. Licha would have run up the pitch as soon as Degea kicked the ball.

Shaw lost concentration, stayed in the back, wrong positioning and marking some offside player, instead of pushing forward into his man (Kane).

Those with stream service just rewatch the goal incident. Shaw is much more guilty than Malacia, who did the right thing going up into his man.

You probably need to watch the whole passage, man.

ti vu

Overall he's very good, but with big flaw. The second goal was partially his fault with how he's slow to push up after DDG's kick. He was basically one man offside line that played everyone on. Malacia lost Kane, but that could have been covered if we have a proper offside line that preventing Son from staying onside with no marker.

Last edited:

Doracle

We lose a lot of our cohesiveness when he isn’t playing fullback, which is a problem because he’s also currently our best fit CB. Excellent match tonight i thought.

always_hoping

He was the best defender on the field a left back playing centre back. Both full backs for United tonight tonight poor and the lad that was brought on was the worst of the lot.

kundalini

I thought he got his positional play all wrong several times, including on most of their big chances.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Overall he's very good, but with big flaw. The second goal was partially his fault with how he's slow to push up after DDG's kick. He was basically one man offside line that played everyone on. Malacia lost Kane, but that could have been covered if we have a proper offside line that preventing Son from staying onside with no marker.
Son would still onside regardless. He's behind Lindelof and timed his run prefectly

MiracleInMadrid

The only player of the back five, I trusted yesterday. He really showed character in that first half, where he actually saved us a couple of times. Defensively we weren't fantastic in the first half.

ti vu

Son would still onside regardless. He's behind Lindelof and timed his run prefectly

Kane even let the ball bounced in front of him, then took another touch before sprinting and cross. That's plenty space and time between him and Shaw.

Lindelof sprinting back and played Son onside, because he's adjusting his position to Shaw to form a line. That's my point.

What I meant if Shaw was in his LCB zone, and stayed level with Lindelof when Romero headed the ball; he would have been able to close Kane down. Son was slightly offside, so he would have to hold his run, which buy Dalot time.

Look at this instance before the ball bounce. See how far it is from the edge of our box where Kane crossed to assist Son. If Shaw was on the line with Lindelof and in LCB zone, he could have been close enough to force Kane to stretch and hit it first time, or stop the ball momentum. Both is better than the time and space he was afforded in real life.

Last edited:

A-man

He was fantastic again. Will Martinez walk back in again or will he need to fight for his spot?

izec

He was fantastic again. Will Martinez walk back in again or will he need to fight for his spot?
Shaw will move to LB. It is not that complicated. Or do you think Malacia, or Dalot the RB can keep him out there.

Martinez as CB and Shaw as LB is our best combination.

A-man

Shaw will move to LB. It is not that complicated. Or do you think Malacia, or Dalot the RB can keep him out there.

Martinez as CB and Shaw as LB is our best combination.
I personally think Shaw is the superior LB and even if he is great as CB, the team is better when he plays LB. But it could also be healthy for a player and for the squad if a player is not always guaranteed his place even after poor games (like Liverpool, City, Brentford). Competition is not a bad thing.

El Jefe

I feel some of you watched yesterday's game only looking at the good things he did, which admittedly there was a lot of. However his positioning was awful and part of the reason we we were getting dragged all over the place.

I lost count of the number of times he was caught in no mans land. He did recover at some points but considering how the back four played as a unit I wasn't as impressed as everyone else.

Jam

CB-Shaw is a revelation and really saved our season by being a reliable option there.

Sylar

Another really good performance
Feels like a leader at the back and much needed with our first choice cbs out.

Status
Not open for further replies.