Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marwood

Shaw is taller than you'd think. Google has him 6ft 1, and while I'm dubious on that, I'd take him as 6ft.
Yeah maybe.

But that would make the two a very short CB partnership. I'd still like to see it but it'd be unusual.

Woziak

I think we could possibly look at selling Maguire, shifting Dalot to LB and sign Frimpong.
Exactly my take we need 9 defenders as a squad; Varane has huge injury issues, we should look to buy Frimpong £30m and KMJ £40m then sell Maguire £30m(Spurs), E Baily (5m) , A Telles (8m) , B Williams (7m) and have the following defensive options ; AWB, Dalot, Shaw, J Frimpong, Malacia, KMJ, L Martinez, R Varane and Lindelof that gives us 5 full backs and 5 CB options for a £20m net spend plus we sort out more goals from wide areas with Frimpong.

jem

I mean it’s hard to overstate just how impressive this guy is when he’s got his head right. England’s best player, in my opinion.

Bondi77

He is quality and I would go as far to say he is in our top two centre halves

Thiagoal

He brings such a calming influence to our team and is technically levels above most of our other players- he’s been crucial for us these last few games!

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I'd put him second in our Player of the Season behind Rashford... In fact maybe I'd put him first, who knows... All I know is he's been bloody brilliant.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Can't believe how impressive he's been at CB. I know he's played as CB in a back three before, but what he's doing at the moment is quite extraordinary. He's now relegated our £80m CB to 5th choice. Which is quite ridiculous, really.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Should he stay on as a CB option next season and buy a new first team left back?
He’s not better than Licha, so he’ll always be a second option for the spot, so… no? Especially since buying a better left back than Shaw will cost a fortune (if that’s even realistically possible) and we have dire needs in other positions.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Just randomly thinking what a magnificent player Shaw is on his day, and how he's been having a lot of his days in the last few seasons. Looks like a better center back than Lindelof or Maguire, and is probably one of the best left backs in the world already. Great on the ball, makes great runs, amazing cross on that left foot, wins his tackles.

All this after surviving a leg break and Mourinho's sheer venomous toxicity.

Hope we win more silverware with the likes of him, Licha, Varane, Rashford, Casemiro and Bruno in the team.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
God knows why he had his hands in the air from that corner. Bizarre.

Idxomer

People actually realize he didn't intend to play the ball with his hand, right?

It was an unfortunate incident when he shouldn't even have been the one going for Dunk.

Lecland07

Great performance. That corner shouldn't have even happened as it was a direct result of that ridiculous freekick. Shame.

el3mel

The pen was bad moment but he was our best player.

I think I'll keep him as a defender. He's better there than at left back and Varane isn't getting any younger anyway. A partnership between him and Martinez can actually work.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Very good performance, but no idea what the feck is going through his head at the end there.

Probably lucky not to get sent off as well, even though his first yellow a minute earlier was total bollocks.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Disappointed for him, he was one of very few that had a good game and didn’t deserve that, was under the cosh for most the game but did well.

NZT-One

He had a good game today and looks comfortable at CB. Handball was weird, it happens.

AFC NimbleThumb

Could see how gutted he was, considering the shower of shite ahead of him all game his 1 mistake can be forgiven.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Bizarre. These things happen occasionally.

SAF is the GOAT

He's tired. He had his hand on Lindelof's shoulder than he seems to let go and tries to position himself to play the ball, but the ball brushes his hand.
Tried to get a foul on him by the heading player(I think it was maybe Dunk?)

Kopral Jono

My man of the match. Pen incident, there was a push on him (not shown on the replays), while the free kick leading up to the corner was very soft at best. Just one of those rotten days.

hp88

Yeah that L wasn't becuase of him, he's been class at CB. Just glad he didn't get a 2nd yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.