Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Annoying and frustrating as he was clearly motm. He seemed to lose himself once that non free kick was given against him. His yellow was for dissent it seemed but he had every right to be angry.

But such a surprising way it happened. It looked a handball on first view but thought it was nothing given how much played until it was given

King Eric 7

I haven't seen the handball. I couldn't bring myself to watch the replays of the incident. Great game tarnished by the last few moments.

Samoerai Jack

He looked completely drained at the end, a mistake waiting to happen. Which did come to pass a minute later. But what a commanding performance beforehand. Shaw isn't the most determined of lads and his mental fortitude remains a weakness of his game, which is otherwise damn near flawless.

Superunknown

Hmm...well...feck.

Can't get it all right. Played so well, too. Nobody's perfect and he's been trying his best in an unusual position for him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Gutted for him, easily our best player. He seemed gutted as well.

Is a much better CB than LB strange enough, he is filling the void Martinez left very well.

cj_sparky

Played really well, felt he was nailed on to get the nod for MOTM.

Whilst I don't think it was a foul on Enciso, the handball is total stupidity.

-Supreme-

Love his threaded penetrative balls that cuts through the opposition midfield, he would have been my MOTM….

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Him and Fred our only players who deserve to be praised today, obviously the hand ball cost us the game but that happens, we should have won it much earlier.

bstb3

Not at all Luke's fault this. He had a great game, and we lost because we didn't take chances. The handball wasn't great, but we can't put all the blame on that. We are just wrecked, and crawling over the line. If I was ETH I'd be all over the Ref for that freekick against Shaw that started the whole mess, it was disgraceful.

Malone_Post

Absolutely gutted for him. The only player that was putting in a performance that deserved credit, and then he does that. Looked genuinely shattered by it too.

CloneMC16

He was easily our best player. It's a shame that one mistake from him has cost us the game.

Reddevildans

He had a good game but why forgive him after that! Good players simply don't do idiotic things like that. He's a number of thick footballers we seem to have. I'm still furious.

Mike Smalling

Great performance regardless of his mistake. It was just unfortunate. He can still hold his head high.

Abraxas

What the hell was that?!

It's all very well saying he was excellent overall, but if you throw in that at the end it can't really go down as a great performance. It gifted a goal and the game.

Still, it's probably his only real screw up at centre back so far.

always_hoping

In the interview he has a point that it wasn't a foul before the corner.

Apart from that silly hand ball i thought Shaw was among Uniteds best players tonight.

Sylar

Good interview. He said he was nudged but no excuse for his hand being up there and has taken the blame for us losing the point.

Also agree that free kick that lead to the corner was ridiculous.
Also said we have issues with not scoring, not being clinical and it's costing us
What the hell was that?!

It's all very well saying he was excellent overall, but if you throw in that at the end it can't really go down as a great performance. It gifted a goal and the game.

Still, it's probably his only real screw up at centre back so far.
That's fair

Abraxas

He's kind of got a point. You know at some stage away to Brighton they're going to have a go and probably score a goal because they attack very well. They only did so in the last minute.

If we had anything going in attack it's a game we should win, and at least not be losing.

CloneMC16

Calling out the attackers in the post-match interview. Saying we know the problem is we don't score.
He's right. We don't score anywhere near enough goals. Rashford, Bruno, Antony and Martial all could have scored tonight. Not good enough.

In the top half of the table, we're the 2nd lowest top scorers.

CM10

I don't know what was going through his head for the handball but it's hard to hold it against him. He looked genuinely gutted. We obviously have to keep him where he is out of necessity but we really miss Shaw's quality on the ball further up the pitch, it's such a shame Martinez is out for the rest of the season.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Anyone has the full angle where you see him being pushed, and having his back turned to the ball?

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Playing unnatural role and still outshining majority of our CB's. He clearly cares for the club.

The Purley King

Was exceptional apart from the last 30 seconds
Hard to blame him for that given what had gone before.
The failure tonight can be squarely blamed on the front 6.

A-man

Very weird and stupid handball that cost us. On the hand his game before that saved us, so still on plus for me.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Anyone has the full angle where you see him being pushed, and having his back turned to the ball?
He wasn't really pushed. His arm bounced off a United player. It's one of those strange moments when your body does things you don't want it to do on its own

Ekeke

Another good performance at CB, but yes let down by the handball at the end which was costly. Hope to see a game in the future where both Shaw and Lisandro are playing CB

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Have to feel for him as the handball wouldn't have happened without Luke giving away a free kick and getting a yellow card for touching an opponent.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's a brilliant footballer. Reality flourishing under ten hag.

Will be good to get him back at LB next season with Martinez at LCB. Both are our 2 best and most reliable players on the ball. It's a perfect LCB - LB partnership IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.