Position: Defender - Left-Back
Player Agent: ICM Stellar Sports
Squad Number: #23
Contract until: Jun 30, 2023
Contract option: Club option 1 year
Date of Last Contract Extension: Oct 18, 2018
Outfitter: Adidas​

Olecurls99

If he puts the effort in he can be the best left back in the world for 5 years. Has amazing technical ability and decision making. Just needs to work harder and he'll be world class.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Has had a single great season here, it was an elite level season and he was the best left-back in the league during that period. Hoping he can rediscover this form but he's been more miss than hit here.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
His contract expires next year but we have a 1 year add on option.

If he doesn't deliver this season then he has to be sold. He should be entering his prime but he's had only a few purple patches and hasn't amounted to a top left-back.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His contract expires next year but we have a 1 year add on option.

If he doesn't deliver this season then he has to be sold. He should be entering his prime but he's had only a few purple patches and hasn't amounted to a top left-back.
https://metro.co.uk/2022/07/11/man-...-gunnar-solskjaer-and-ralf-rangnick-16978588/

He is waiting for a top manager. Hasn't had proper manager since Mourinho guided him on the pitch what to do during games.

The nerve of his guy, I swear Maguire received half of the criticism Shaw deserved last year, amount if times he was at fault for goals was at least on par as Maguire.

Bwuk

This forum has such a hard on for Shaw at times.

He’s been a let down more often than not. His saving grace is I wouldn’t be surprised if we play 352 and he end up as the LCB.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This forum has such a hard on for Shaw at times.

He’s been a let down more often than not. His saving grace is I wouldn’t be surprised if we play 352 and he end up as the LCB.
Has Ten Hag ever tinkered with a 352?

Bwuk

Has Ten Hag ever tinkered with a 352?
No. Tends to stick with some variation of 433/4231, but I think with the links to Martinez and the signing of Malacia it wouldn’t hugely surprise me.

Revaulx

Wish he'd stop bad-mouthing past managers.
Our players aren't noted for their self-awareness. I think it's learned behaviour from a poor culture rather than them being intrinsically cnuts.

Shaw's main issue recently hasn't been ability or even attitude, but an inability to stay fit. I expect Malacia will get plenty of games this season.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Wish he'd stop bad-mouthing past managers.
Yep, might be true but it's not necessary and doesn't reflect well on him to say it so undiplomatically. Looking forward to Malacia challenging him for his place this year.

arthurka

Absolutely lacking all self awareness, he needs to stop this and focus on himself.

Irwin99

I know a lot of people defend him on here but he seems really sly. Not saying he is, i've obviously never met the guy and he could be the nicest person, but some of his quotes really fecking annoy, such as "I knew i'd outlast him" (Jose) and "I'm happy...when i play for England". You could argue he's just happy he's working under a new manager but I wonder if he'll throw EtH under the bus if things start going badly or Malacia outshines him.

RedDevil@84

I know a lot of people defend him on here but he seems really sly. Not saying he is, i've obviously never met the guy and he could be the nicest person, but some of his quotes really fecking annoy, such as "I knew i'd outlast him" (Jose) and "I'm happy...when i play for England". You could argue he's just happy he's working under a new manager but I wonder if he'll throw EtH under the bus if things start going badly or Malacia outshines him.
Of course he will.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Did he say silly things about all the managers or just Jose and Rangnick?

OmarUnited4ever

There is a serious chance that Malacia might overtake him in the starting 11, and if that happens, i think he should be sold next summer (after his 1 yr extension option is exercised).

Superunknown

It's never really a good sign when a player is more known for talking too much rather than what they produce on the pitch. For all of his comments, you'd expect him to be one of our best performing players, but he isn't. The very first person he should be looking at is himself, rather than past managers. He's 27 now, so he's past the point of being a young player who's still learning the game. Really, he should be a seasoned pro who the younger players in the squad are looking up to and learning from. If the opportunity came to sell him, I would do it without thinking twice.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
He is the person that goes on a first date and spends the entire time bitching about every ex he has had

Sylar

His first touch is really really good. Always has been

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not yet fully sharp, but his performance this season is very important to us.

Mcking

His form will be key for Ten Hag to construct a good team. The best player amongst our defenders and central midfielders.

Bwuk

Looks unfit and heavy.

He needs to overlap and stretch teams. Today both him and Elanga were coming so far infield off the left. It ended up far too congested and easy to defend against.

Irwin99

Elanga and him at fault for the goal (the first phase) or is that too harsh?

His technique is never in question

ti vu

Looks unfit and heavy.

He needs to overlap and stretch teams. Today both him and Elanga were coming so far infield off the left. It ended up far too congested and easy to defend against.
It's an experiment with tucked in fullbacks. Both Shaw and Dalot often seen stay narrow while Sancho and Elanga initially stayed wide. This system would require a very great dribbler to be able to lure defenders and make space for the midfielder and tucked in full back. Sancho did that on right wing for Dalot. You feel the chemistry.

Elanga failed and got chased off into Shaw which ended up having them too close together. We lost width on our left.

Lights Out

Just watched the highlights. Where the hell was he for the first goal?!

Status
Not open for further replies.