Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka Mora

This isn't really related to Shaw but it always amazes me how the current narrative makes people's minds up for them before they've even watched the game.

When a player is in a spell of positive perception from the fans they can do no wrong, every performance thread is full of praise for any 5/10 or 6/10 game, always a positive spin on a performance, any errors are completely ignored as long as they weren't punished by the opposition. On the flip side when you're in a spell where you're unpopular with the fans, you can go put in that same 5/10 or 6/10 performance and get absolutely slated for being useless.

He came on for 20 minutes and did fine. It's almost not even worth bumping the thread it was so unnoteworthy. Everyone is just chomping at the bit as soon as he came on to point out how unfit and unprofessional he is and were going to tell everyone in this thread how he's shit no matter what.
Agreed. I mean did Shaw even have a pre season? He' not had any minutes and 20 minutes of game time and people are tearing into him and saying he is finished :lol: .

Ronaldo who has been dogshite since towards of last season, has played 8 games all in which he has been a liability in and all sorts of excuses are being made for him

Olecurls99

This isn't really related to Shaw but it always amazes me how the current narrative makes people's minds up for them before they've even watched the game.

When a player is in a spell of positive perception from the fans they can do no wrong, every performance thread is full of praise for any 5/10 or 6/10 game, always a positive spin on a performance, any errors are completely ignored as long as they weren't punished by the opposition. On the flip side when you're in a spell where you're unpopular with the fans, you can go put in that same 5/10 or 6/10 performance and get absolutely slated for being useless.

He came on for 20 minutes and did fine. It's almost not even worth bumping the thread it was so unnoteworthy. Everyone is just chomping at the bit as soon as he came on to point out how unfit and unprofessional he is and were going to tell everyone in this thread how he's shit no matter what.
:lol:

Where's a nutshell when you need one?

Oranges038

It wouldn't be. But, even though they've not been playing this and the Maguire thread have been on the front page almost every day.

MattofManchester

We should test him in the side without Maguire next to him.

I'm interested how he'll perform with someone like Martinez next to him.

Also, we know how Martinez pumps his teammates up for their good moments.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with a defensive partner that doesn't track back and constantly lets his man past him.

OrcaFat

We should test him in the side without Maguire next to him.

I'm interested how he'll perform with someone like Martinez next to him.

Also, we know how Martinez pumps his teammates up for their good moments.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with a defensive partner that doesn't track back and constantly lets his man past him.
Do you mean it will be interesting to see how Martinez deals with Shaw not tracking back? If so, I agree. Maybe he can scare Shaw into putting the yards in.

hodgey123

England are in a bit of a strange position now in that LB (along with RB) used to be an area where we had a glut of talent but just over a year later, it seems that both choices (Chilwell and Shaw) are out of form and not actually being selected for their club sides. I didn't expect Shaw to be displaced so soon after ten Hag came in (and it has definitely proven to be the right decision given Malacia's form) and I am unsure whether he has got it in him again to get back in the side like we was doing under Mourinho.

Reactions: Invictus

dubplate warrior

You can do it if you want but I don’t go around typing “yawn” at random posts. I type it when someone replies directly to one of my posts, appearing not to have read it and declaring that if I don’t agree with them I either have amnesia or am a child. Welcome to the forum, by the way.
Glad to see you're annoyed after dishing out yawns to valid replies in the first place. Now go cry about it to the Luke Shaw shrine in your room.

dubplate warrior

Happy that he has made the England squad. Hope he does well in the friendlies and the World Cup as well to get a good move and earn us a good transfer fee.
Maybe Newcastle will go for him? The wages he's on means it will be hard to get rid of him.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Looks much fitter, fair play. Didn't see it on the pitch, but maybe that will take some time.

SoCross

He looked visibly leaner when he came on. But was also clearly short of match fitness.

Hope ETH gives him an opportunity, he’s ideal to play that tucked in full back role, one of the best passers we have.

OrcaFat

Glad to see you're annoyed after dishing out yawns to valid replies in the first place. Now go cry about it to the Luke Shaw shrine in your room.
I’m not really annoyed. As I said, if you can’t reply without trying to belittle people it’s all rather boring.

Marwood

Finally looking like an athlete. But long way to go, I don't see him going up and down the pitch with the engine Malacia does.

You know Luke is getting himself in shape when he stops wearing the undershirt layer under his kit.

Rooney was the same. Whatever the weather he wore that thing as a corset in his last couple of years.

dubplate warrior

I’m not really annoyed. As I said, if you can’t reply without trying to belittle people it’s all rather boring.
The initial reply wasn't belittling though, I said he's had a free pass for seven years ago and we should get rid to which you responded with a yawn. Thanks for your welcome to the forum though champ.

Trequarista10

England are in a bit of a strange position now in that LB (along with RB) used to be an area where we had a glut of talent but just over a year later, it seems that both choices (Chilwell and Shaw) are out of form and not actually being selected for their club sides. I didn't expect Shaw to be displaced so soon after ten Hag came in (and it has definitely proven to be the right decision given Malacia's form) and I am unsure whether he has got it in him again to get back in the side like we was doing under Mourinho.
England should play an inverted left back, and put one of the many RB options there. James and Trippier have both done so I think. With a left winger holding the width width.

Kane
Saka ------------- Mount - Foden --------
--------
Trippier - Jude - Rice ------ James
Tomori - Stones​

OrcaFat

The initial reply wasn't belittling though, I said he's had a free pass for seven years ago and we should get rid to which you responded with a yawn. Thanks for your welcome to the forum though champ.
You’re welcome.

Plus: you’re right. I might have been too dismissive about the first reply. But it was pretty clear from my post and from recent selection that he won’t get a free pass now that we have Malacia, which I assumed you were ignoring and were only interested in posting something negative and reductive. Which I found boring. But I might have been more friendly about it, I suppose.

Last edited:

izec

Finally looking like an athlete. But long way to go, I don't see him going up and down the pitch with the engine Malacia does.

Just needs to show some intensity and willingness to run. He is just too laidback. Always needs someone to take his place to push him. Seriously, he is not a child anymore.

CatpissMartini

Lost his place, " oh let me finally get in shape and win my spot back, once I get it back I can chill again"

This is not the first time he has done such a thing, these types of players are not suitable for a club such as ours.

OrcaFat

He looked visibly leaner when he came on. But was also clearly short of match fitness.

Hope ETH gives him an opportunity, he’s ideal to play that tucked in full back role, one of the best passers we have.
Yeah, but also did you notice that Malacia looked quite happy over on the right? Could be viable competition for Dalot if Shaw plays well enough to keep the LB spot for a spell.

TsuWave

I have the impression that these "he's fit again/now" pictures for Shaw come out every year, then he eventually finds a new kebab spot and we know how the story goes

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There can't be many players at top 6 clubs who over a period of 5 or 6 years that almost every week there's a "didn't look fit" type comment.

OrcaFat

I have the impression that these "he's fit again/now" pictures for Shaw come out every year, then he eventually finds a new kebab spot and we know how the story goes
It looks that way.

My theory is he puts weight on when injured or when not playing for more than a few days and then takes a while to get it back off again.

Kebab vs fasting and intense physical conditioning? Kebab always wins.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It was the same with Rooney, but then Rooney was much better player.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
The problem with Shaw as a "backup" is he's got that Rooney like build. They never look sharp until they get a few games in a row. Thinking he's going to sit around eating burgers and then produce wonderfully lively performances raiding the left flank is probably optimistic. He looked short of fitness and confidence today to be honest.
He shouldn't be sat around eating burgers he should be getting in shape and fit as possible.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s finally added the one thing missing from his game #gainz

OrcaFat

He shouldn't be sat around eating burgers he should be getting in shape and fit as possible.
Yes but burgers are delicious, you see.

Who knows what his diet is really like but I think he needs to keep the fire really hot, possibly needs to train harder and longer than some others if he’s going to keep the weight off, especially if he’s not playing matches. Possibly he has realised this as he looks pretty trim but he has to sustain it. Continuously. I’m guessing that’s been his problem but it’s all speculation.

izec

Yes but burgers are delicious, you see.

Who knows what his diet is really like but I think he needs to keep the fire really hot, possibly needs to train harder and longer than some others if he’s going to keep the weight off, especially if he’s not playing matches. Possibly he has realised this as he looks pretty trim but he has to sustain it. Continuously. I’m guessing that’s been his problem but it’s all speculation.
His diet is obviously not good. At least not for a professional top athlete. We dont need his exact diet to know this. Same as for Rooney (we all knew he was drinking and getting out of shape quickly when not playing) , although he was heavy on the booze, Shaw is obviously stuffing himself with too much junk food. He should not look at his pals, he is the top athlete and needs to take care of himself.

OrcaFat

His diet is obviously not good. At least not for a professional top athlete. We dont need his exact diet to know this. Same as for Rooney (we all knew he was drinking and getting out of shape quickly when not playing) , although he was heavy on the booze, Shaw is obviously stuffing himself with too much junk food. He should not look at his pals, he is the top athlete and needs to take care of himself.
It looks that way. But some people put weight on very easily just by eating pasta or bread and just have to work harder to keep it off. We knew Rooney was overdoing it because he was on videos and in the papers for it; I’m not aware of that with Shaw but perhaps others are.

kaku06

You lot are falling for this again ? He is not fooling me with his lean muscular build and getting back in shape bullshit. He could be 31 and he would still suck some people in with his “this year Luke will be back to his best as the best lb in the world”

Chief123

Blimey, is it just me or does he look like he’s lost some serious bulk/weight? He looks a more trim than he was at the beginning of the season. Looking sharper too!

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What an incredible pass that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.