Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Played good the entire game, but that moment was as braindead as anything can be.

BorisManUtd

Hopefully he'll just forget about that mistake. 6 more games to go and really important ones

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Yeah the performance over the 90 was great. Obviously a moment of madness, but you've got to feel for the CBs when the attack and midfield fold like that and have you under pressure.

Ultimately, we're weaker as a team with him in CB and that's not a reflection on how he's performed in the role, but the fact we lose so much at LB.

Malacia and Dalot are nowhere near good enough going forward in that position for anything more than a game as cover.

Redlyn

Really bad mistake. I dont know what happened, was it deliberate or accidental.
Pity we had to lose the game in that manner. Hes otherwise had a very solid game and season as a whole.

Red Star One

He really was having a 8.5/10 performance until the last minutes. Terrible brainfart to ruin such a great game for him

Sylar

Anyone has the full angle where you see him being pushed, and having his back turned to the ball?
It was really crowded and difficult to see anything obvious from what has been shown to us (well from Sky Sports)
It looked like he lost his bearings , but as Shaw said himself, even if he got a nudge, it wouldnt excuse his hand being up there as it wasnt one where he was jumping and pushed into the situation.

Unfortunate but Shaw was right to take the blame on himself for that moment.

Swordsman

Is Luke Shaw practicing Shinryuken for the next live action street fighter movie ?

I heard he has been casted as Ken Masters for the live action street fighter movie in the summer.

Jokes aside, he has been great this season generally.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Reminded me of that Swedish Klopp lookalike that used to play for Liverpool that handled against United like a volleyball player

criticalanalysis

My Motm again. The only player in our team who seems to know what he's doing, he's just an incredible footballer.
I wouldn't go that far but for someone in a fairly unfamiliar position playing next to a scaredy cat, he did well. Has pace to burn to cover behind the defence runs and aerially a beast.

Was really passive and inconsistent with his passing in the first half though.

acnumber9

Him and Lindelof deserve a lot of the blame for the awful football we played. Dallied on the ball like we had all day to score. That dallying gave West Ham the ball for their goal.

FerociousCorgis

Honestly feel like people are overlooking some of his mistakes. We need him at left back not cb, hopefully he gets back there soon. He had a chance to clear the ball on their goal before the whole shitshow sequence. Plus on the handball by lindelof he tried some dumbass clear there too that just went straight to a west ham player. Needed to just put his foot thru the ball and let us regroup

Strats

Was good for the most part but did also struggle a bit.

Him and Lindelöf need to move the ball quicker.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We are really missing him at left back. The only player who knows who to move with the ball apparently. No creativity and shit delivery wide without him

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Doing a good job at CB, can he play in goal by any chance? :D

DavelinaJolie

We are really missing him at left back. The only player who knows who to move with the ball apparently. No creativity and shit delivery wide without him
Agreed, most of all I think Rashford is missing him there providing an overlap option or runs inside.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Yeah this is true... We get so wrapped up in how brilliant he is at CB, but the difference between him and Malacia is a chasm.

bosnian_red

Yeah this is true... We get so wrapped up in how brilliant he is at CB, but the difference between him and Malacia is a chasm.
Yeah, and I like Malacia. But when Shaw is at CB, the rest of the team is so static. You need players who can run with the ball and carry it. Sancho might be mediocre but at least he is capable of carrying it forward a bit. Antony on the other side is capable of it too, but his decision making isn't there yet. So everything ends up being static and pass pass pass. Rashford even gets it and just stands with it if he isn't already running in space. The midfield is horrible at moving with the ball, so we desperately need some ball carriers in the team.

Abraxas

I've preferred his performances at centre back to this if I'm honest. Not that he was bad by any means. Quite good.

ManRed

Solid performance. My favorite moment was him winning the ball 1v1 when they were on counter after our corner (which he took)

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's solid at LB, but has to turn a level up to get us to the next level. Would rather we signed some younger aggressive LB coming to the future. Bit maybe taking into account our limited budget, we should leeave it for "settled" second-season Malacia and A. Fernandéz for the cover.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Loved seeing that passage of play where he was taking a corner on the right wing, and seconds later he'd sprinted back to be able to make a last man tackle from behind on a bouncing ball in the left back area. Top stuff.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Who is better?
Shaw does not offer enough attacking threat for me. He is really good defensively though.
Id have Robertson, Nuno Mendes and Davies over him.

bosnian_red

Not even close
It is definitely close and he is without a doubt a top 5 left back in the world. Personal preference from there.

Shaw's passing from deep is the best around, and he has a good final ball too. His defending is excellent all around too.

He offers very little to our attack. Defensively he’s very good most the time though.
That's pretty much nonsense. Used cautiously today, but typically he is a massive part of our attack. Very clearly he was just told not to over commit. His passing and moving from deep is vital for us.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It is definitely close and he is without a doubt a top 5 left back in the world. Personal preference from there.

Shaw's passing from deep is the best around, and he has a good final ball too. His defending is excellent all around too.

That's pretty much nonsense. Used cautiously today, but typically he is a massive part of our attack. Very clearly he was just told not to over commit. His passing and moving from deep is vital for us.
Hes a massive part of our attack, but his attacking output compared to the top lbs is abysmal and our attack is also abysmal by they way.

Status
Not open for further replies.