Luke Shaw agrees new 4 year contract - announced!

bludsucker

Fair enough. Read your first post as in EtH having no idea if a contract is close to being agreed or not. I'm sure EtH knows exactly where the negotiations are going and he couldn't comment as the club has not published the information yet. Based on the OP I think the deal is done, it's just that United hasn't released that yet.
Maybe. Its good news if this is done. He is playing well.

Idxomer

He started to improve and nail down his position after his previous contract renewal. It would be fantastic if he sustain his current level for the next 4 years.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Managed to con another manager into extending his contract. Really disappointed Ten Hag has fallen for it. I guess left back is not a priority.

If someone told me to describe Manchester United's last decade with one picture, I'd use one of Luke Shaw.

Bondi77

It’s done
Same was said for Garnacho about a month ago and nothing has been confirmed.
I wonder if the club is going to announce both of them along with big Dave and Marcus all at the same time and not individually like they normally do.

I should have waited about an hour before posting :eek:

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Managed to con another manager into extending his contract. Really disappointed Ten Hag has fallen for it. I guess left back is not a priority.

If someone told me to describe Manchester United's last decade with one picture, I'd use one of Luke Shaw.
Who would you sign as our LB?

kaku06

Mistake. Another manager conned. I can never trust him. He’s shown in these past 8 years he’s anything but consistent. As much as I would love him to be amazing from now on. I don’t see it with him. I just don’t.

Edwards6

Mistake. Another manager conned. I can never trust him. He’s shown in these past 8 years he’s anything but consistent. As much as I would love him to be amazing from now on. I don’t see it with him. I just don’t.
So you think Ten Hag should ignore how good he's been this season and let him go because he's been crap before?

JuriM

Stoked, one of the spine squad member pinned down for another 4 years, it's the right flank of defence we need to really strengthen now.

Mindhunter

ETH was never going to bin him. He is cover for the left CB position as he is left footed.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's been great this season and is a fit in ten Hag's system. You won't find a better left back than Shaw available this summer. A four year extension is fair.

Drifter

American
Yay, four more years of “I think, overall, disappointed "

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Let's not let the recent team form cloud what's been an amazing season by him so far. Delighted with this.

rk4utd

On balance it’s a decent outcome…. but as with the rest of the feckless under achievers we’ve had pull on the shirt these past 10 years he now needs to bring the consistency and maturity - and leadership - that his age, experience and talent demand. Worryingly he reverted to the ‘must try harder’ mantra after the abomination that was our performance the other night.

I’m not over joyed but at least he provides additional proven cover for CH when we move Maguire on this summer and as we have seen plenty of times this season our budget needs to be prioritised elsewhere (in all departments of the team essentially)!

Westerkerk

I don't see us targeting a better left back in the next couple of transfer windows so this makes sense

When Luke is on form he is up there with the worlds best.

My thoughts exactly, Jose saw right through him tbh. Shaw has very good ability but his mentality is very poor.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I think he struggles for motivation when playing in teams as shit as he has. He has shown for us and England that he can be among the best. It’s just that at his age he needs to be one the players leading by example rather than saying to himself ‘oh, so this is the level of effort we’re putting in today, fine by me’.

Last edited:

Real Name

Thank you for this.

My thoughts exactly, Jose saw right through him tbh. Shaw has very good ability but his mentality is very poor.
How do you reckon that?

Luke Shaw, a conning master, succeeded in coning about 4 managers into playing him and persisting with him.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Jose sees right through everybody apparently according to some on here. It's a wonder he's still so shite though.

Bondi77

Coming back to play football at the highest level after nearly having a leg amputated doesn't take a strong mentality????
Jesus wept!

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nice one Luke, form this year has been very impressive. Hopefully he becomes one of the real leaders in the team, and demands the right standard because when he is at it there are few better. Also looks good cover for the LCB role too.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
Hopefully Malacia can keep on his so far excellent progression and at the the very least push and match Shaw if not supersede him completely over this 4 year period.

Oldyella

Man this place feels fickle at times.

Good news this, won't hold the teams form against him as everyone is struggling atm.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I doubt ETH will let him slacken off I'm glad he's signed we can't replace everyone right away.

caid

I still dont like him much to be honest. Hes had a good season overall and with the homegrown player rules it makes sense to keep him. Just think hes frequently low energy, low workrate, low involvement player who will be on holidays months before the end of the season. And that feels optimistic, thats assuming hes great the rest of the time.
It makes sense but im not thrilled

HookedOnAPhelan

Amazingly talented, and has been great for the most part this season, and given our other needs this summer it makes sense. But I don’t trust him.

Crimson King

I don't see us targeting a better left back in the next couple of transfer windows so this makes sense

When Luke is on form he is up there with the worlds best.
Agreed, there aren't many better at the moment.

I'm not saying he's the best out there, and I'm sure there's a few young'uns knocking about (Fernandez doing pretty well for PNE...) who might have more potential, but he's right up there at the moment. It would make no sense splashing out on someone else right now, and Malacia has been decent as an understudy, especially for what we paid for him.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
So many odd takes in here!!

Yakuza_devils

Great news. He is a vital first 11 team member. Can play various positions and suit ETH's style of play.

Touch wood, his injury prone problem seems to be over too. He has play many games this season.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Oh yeah the genius Jose. Just print the “Jose was right” thread and use it as your wallpaper instead of spouting that kind of rubbish here.