Luke Shaw | Deal done! Almost...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suus

What if Luiz was irish and Shaw was Croatian?
You're prob just playing daft. But it was to show that certain nationalities makes some players cost alot more money. Brazilian, English are usually the most expensive. But keep on truckin', you're suited to play daft.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
Lads, can I just have a moment, please let me have it. But I hate to say TOLD YOU SO

Cina

I don't know why everyone uses the Rio transfer as a comparison to this. He was 23, already played a bucketload for Leeds (who previously spent nearly £20m for him) and had around 40 England caps already. He was a sure thing, Shaw, for all his talent, isn't, no 18 year old ever really is.

Still, I don't care, I'm glad we got him.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Why would anyone try to hijack this deal? No other club is willing to pay anywhere near that much for Shaw. Relax, Utd fans.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Just waiting for confirmation from United but again brilliant couple of days.

I sincerely hope we get someone like Vidal or Pogba and winger preferably Sanchez or Di Maria.

Also, a strong experienced CB like Hummel/Miranda.

I_live_cement

Cat freak
We had to give him the promise of game time due to his strong affiliation with Chelsea, and paid slightly over the odds for him too. Ask me if i'm bothered yo.
I think the fact he is a Chelsea fan is way overblown.

Footballers usually do what's best for their career.

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I don't know why everyone uses the Rio transfer as a comparison to this. He was 23, already played a bucketload for Leeds (who previously spent nearly £20m for him) and had around 40 England caps already. He was a sure thing, Shaw, for all his talent, isn't, no 18 year old ever really is.

Still, I don't care, I'm glad we got him.
I don't even get why it is being compared to Rooney aswell, Rooney at 18 was better than any 18 year old i have seen since, in fact anyone who had watched Rooney at the time could tell you that United where getting great value for their money.

Matador8

I think the fact he is a Chelsea fan is way overblown.

Footballers usually do what's best for their career.
That's true enough and you can find endless evidence to support that theory. I seriously think Shaw would of reconsidered if Moyes was still in charge. The van Gaal appointment swung it in our favour beyond any reasonable doubt.

Brightonian

Yeah its only when its about English players. Nobody baulks at Madrid spending over the limit for the likes of Robinho, Kaka, Illarramendi and there's loads more. Or when Barcelona pays £20m for Saviola.
Exactly. Illarramendi's actually a particularly good example. Ok, he was in the Spanish U21 side, but he was pretty much the weakest midfielder in that side, mediocre compared to Thiago, Isco and Koke. He was obviously promising, but didn't really look like a potential top-bracket player. Nonetheless Madrid made him their most expensive Spanish signing ever, at €32m. Since then he's been underwhelming, and they've suffered when Alonso has been injured because Illarra's not been up to scratch as a back-up. But you don't hear a word of criticism about it, mostly because they also splashed out big money on loads of other players, notably Bale and Isco.

Status
Not open for further replies.