Luke Shaw Injury (Played 3 games with Broken Ribs during Euros)

SirAnderson

Seriously? Really gutted to hear this, and seems to be true.

That's him out for the start of the season also and not sure how long till he will be available.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Nah, he'll be right as rain in a few weeks.

You can't do anything for rib injuries anyway so if he's cool to play through that then more power to him.

Shawberto forever.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
As if we needed another reason to love him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Will be tearing it up first game of the season don’t worry.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
And to put in those performances too? That's crazy.

Is this something which can be seriously aggravated (relatively speaking) by playing the number of games which he has?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
And to put in those performances too? That's crazy.

Is this something which can be seriously aggravated (relatively speaking) by playing the number of games which he has?
Put it this way, Frosty my man you can aggravate a rib injury by breathing. If Shawberto can play through the pain then he won't be missing any games.

From my own experience ribs hurt the most in the immediate days after being smashed. He'll be fine.

redrobed

This information shouldn’t have been revealed in my opinion. I played soccer with broken ribs before and as soon as the opponents realised I had a rib injury it was constantly targeted with elbows to the ribs, etc.

Havak

Pokemon master
Wow, I broke mine late 2019 and it was incredibly painful, I could barely get out of bed let alone play football.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If this is his level with broken ribs, here's hoping he falls down a few more flights of stairs before the season starts!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
This is poor form from England. They knew our player broke his ribs against Germany and they sent him back out there and kept it quiet until after the tournament. I can’t imagine we’d have been too pleased to watch him line up had it been published that he had broken ribs.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This is after the Ukraine game, you can see he has some padding around the rib area? alley-oop of a line that

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Great, so Shaw and Rashford out for the start of the season then?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
This is poor form from England. They knew our player broke his ribs against Germany and they sent him back out there and kept it quiet until after the tournament. I can’t imagine we’d have been too pleased to watch him line up had it been published that he had broken ribs.
Athletes play with broken ribs all the time. Compared to what Rashford was playing through, this is minor in terms of longer term injury and pain.

Eternitiy

Best player at the tournament and played with a severe injury. Further building his case for greatest fullback of all time status.

K Stand Knut

Credit to Shaw for this.

seems to completely turned his mentality on its head in the past 12 months.

No way he’d even consider doing that under Mourinho.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
In all seriousness, the mental and physical strength this lad has shown has been phenomenal. He’s really came on and I’m eating my humble pie with a smile on my face — I thought he wouldn’t make it here.