Luke Shaw interview post Wolves defeat

Walters_19_MuFc

He’s already dropped Martial and he’s already said he’s not going to convince players who don’t want to be here to stay. Sounds like he knows what he’s doing, his CV suggests so also.
Dropped? Martial told him he wanted to leave, thus no point playing him.

A big decision would be to drop Maguire, Ronaldo, Rashford, Bruno, etc - none of which he's done, unless forced or rotating the squad.

OrcaFat

Said nothing wrong to my mind.

Most shocking thing was how very deeply depressed he seemed. I’m glad he wasn’t laughing but if he reflects the mood of the squad they are absolutely in bits just now.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff

Most shocking thing was how very deeply depressed he seemed. I’m glad he wasn’t laughing but if he reflects the mood of the squad they are absolutely in bits just now.
Yeah, his utter deflation was what made it resonate when he said it moreso than in text.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, their collective heads are obviously in a very bad place. They’re not great players but they’re miles better than we’ve seen in recent weeks. I’m actually wondering if losing a manager they all personally like (Ole) can have the opposite effect to a manager getting fired that they hate (like Mou)

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Dropped? Martial told him he wanted to leave, thus no point playing him.

A big decision would be to drop Maguire, Ronaldo, Rashford, Bruno, etc - none of which he's done, unless forced or rotating the squad.
bruno Rashford and Maguire didn’t start today. Bruno and rashford were straight dropped and I expectthe Maguire “injury” was an excuse to take him out of the firing line without denting his confidence too much

Cantonagotmehere

I’m sorry but Shaw needs to get lost, he’s one of the problems. couldn’t handle the fact that Rolf dropped him for Telles. Jose was right about him.
Sadly I agree. His Euros play was great and he was very good last season but many times he has flattered to deceive and also not worked very hard on the pitch. Speaking out like that does not mean he has a good mentality. I was hoping Telles would kick him on, guess not.

AFC NimbleThumb

Seeing as Shaw is arguably the one and only player in our entire squad who has shown himself capable of performing at a high level for more than a handful of matches in a row there’s a reasonable chance you’re in for a long wait. Fingers crossed, eh?
Oh it’s that post you reply to. Not the one where you attempted to misrepresent me
Seeing as Shaw is arguably the one and only player in our entire squad who has shown himself capable of performing at a high level for more than a handful of matches in a row there’s a reasonable chance you’re in for a long wait. Fingers crossed, eh?
Here you are again, misrepresenting comments Pogue. No ones crossing fingers lad, it’s clear you rate Shaw higher than I do which is fine so let’s dial back the hyperbole.

alexthelion

No it wasn't whatsoever.

It was a comment at the end of an interview where he basically said that hopefully the managers new ideas would help them get out of the rutt they are in.

"To win these types of games against touch teams like Wolves, we all need to be 100% committed, because we know it's always close games whoever we play, and like I said it's just tough and disappointing but we have time now to refocus back, we got a long training week and maybe the manager can bring some more ideas that he wants on the pitch"

Literally the complete opposite of what you said he said, and it's posts like what you wrote help to perpetuate a narrative about the players and the club that simply isn't true. It also doesn't help the fact posters like the poster above, who don't go and watch the full interview, with the correct quotes, help perpetuate it even further.

Literally nothing wrong with what Luke said in that interview about his commitment or his attitude whatsoever.
Well said.

Some posters are just seeing things to fit their agenda.

Chief123

The fact he’s even saying what he did explains a lot about his performances this season as he is part of the problem too. We keep hearing our players coming out and saying we didn’t play how we should of as if it’s other peoples fault.

If Shaw is saying this, he clearly isn’t giving 100% himself as it seems like him and many others in the squad are divided and aren’t going to fight for each other.

tbh, the attitude of the team stinks. It’s most telling when we lose the ball, you don’t see them fighting for each other to get it back or helping their team mate out.

All I see is dirty looks being given, arms being thrown around, moaning and complaining. Without saying anything, the body language of the players is so telling at the moment. Even the moment when Cavani took a long range shot and Greenwood showing disgust with his arms and not even bothering to look at Cavani. All the players just seem to come across as so entitled and it’s always someone else who’s the problem.

Walters_19_MuFc

bruno Rashford and Maguire didn’t start today. Bruno and rashford were straight dropped and I expectthe Maguire “injury” was an excuse to take him out of the firing line without denting his confidence too much
It's all reactive. Bruno didn't play because RR didn't want to change a winning team.

Rashford should have been dropped before he decided to do so, and Maguire is injured.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
Oh it’s that post you reply to. Not the one where you attempted to misrepresent me

Here you are again, misrepresenting comments Pogue. No ones crossing fingers lad, it’s clear you rate Shaw higher than I do which is fine so let’s dial back the hyperbole.
Have no idea what you’re on about now. Did you mean to quote my same post twice and give two different replies? (neither of which made much sense)

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Yeah, their collective heads are obviously in a very bad place. They’re not great players but they’re miles better than we’ve seen in recent weeks. I’m actually wondering if losing a manager they all personally like (Ole) can have the opposite effect to a manager getting fired that they hate (like Mou)
If that's true then as a group, turning a psychological corner like that could be almost impossible.

United Hobbit

I closed my stream the minute the final whistle blew in disgust so I didn't see the interview.

Who do we think is in what camp and who are the trouble makers.

As I've said several times recently, bar a couple, notably DDG, I'm growing to despise the lot of them. Ironically not long ago I thought we'd assembled a fairly likeable group. I'm sick of these over paid, spineless bunch of whingers dossing around the pitch, insulting the fans who pay their hard earned money to travel to the games, while they themselves, bar one of 2, give absolutely no fecks what so ever. And why would they as they will still pick up their hundreds of thousands each week, no questions asked.

Oh but don't forget, they'll all post their fake apologies to try and gather sympathy, saying they will do better next time. Then proceed to show how fake their (or their PR teams) words were by repeating the pathetic showing in the next game.

They need holding to account over their "performances". Lots of them have the ability, but choose when to turn up. If this severe underperformance was present in most other workplaces, those underperforming would be held to account.

Perhaps if they were docked wages, they may actually pull their fingers out once in a while.

No wonder they came out in support of Ole's man management, I get the sense they were allowed to put in minimal effort, in his bid to keep them onside. Obviously his coaching has a large part to play for our current troubles and given the grief they're giving Ralph, who presumably actually demands effort, it's unsurprising he tried to keep them onside as he knew they'd down tools in an instant

Ooh how I'd love for Sir Alex's "no one is bigger than the club" mantra to be deployed.

Walters_19_MuFc

If that's the case, then they should have thought about that before putting in subpar performances every week under Ole. They only have themselves to blame and we're seeing the same thing under RR.

RopersReturn

We just need a mass clear out, the dressing room is obviously toxic, full of mercenaries who hold contempt for one another.
in terms of effort vs ability, Jones shone this evening, but I’d like to see us sell AWB, Shaw, Maguire,Rashford,DeGuire, Matic, Lindelöf, Telles, & Bailey.

Revaulx

Shaw’s comments pretty much shed light on what we already know from the end of last season.

There’s a bad culture at United, we’ve got a bunch of over paid, under performing players, a few that like a moan, a few that don’t want to be here, a few that think they’re above running themselves into the ground for a team mate.

We need a clear out, not everyone but the toxic ones, the ones that are running their contracts down and the ones that don’t want to be here. It doesn’t have to cost a fortune, just get the right characters in and stop with this over pampering and over promoting of players who have one good season.
Well absolutely, but I really don’t see it as being that simple. Who among the starting 11 today belongs in that bolded bit? Pogba is injured, Martial has been frozen out. Lingard was an unused sub, Donny and Henderson likewise. Surely those three weren’t influencing the players on the pitch with their toxic vibes?

I find it really hard to blame the awful performances of (say) McTominay and Matić on such factors.

Walters_19_MuFc

We just need a mass clear out, the dressing room is obviously toxic, full of mercenaries who hold contempt for one another.
in terms of effort vs ability, Jones shone this evening, but I’d like to see us sell AWB, Shaw, Maguire,Rashford,DeGuire, Matic, Lindelöf, Telles, & Bailey.
Bit harsh. He hasn't even featured for us yet. :lol:

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Shaw and Maguire were part of the problem that got Ole sacked.

buckooo1978

Rangnik might do a Lukaku and try and get a move back to Lokamotiv given the supposed scale of shite hes going to have to sort out.

Ego FC

minoo-utd

Started to hate every one. I wonder what they do really want? They all seemed so unprofessional and only moaning.

Zoo

I think his dig is aimed at the forward players. He also said they couldn’t get out from the back as players weren’t providing passing options.

Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, Greenwodd Rashford just haven’t gelled and frequently play for themselves this season. Even Cavani was doing that today.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The players aren’t playing as a team, that’s one thing this manager said he would change when he came in, he’d get us playing more as a team! This is awful… we’ve got to many selfish players who are playing for themselves, time and time again our players make wrong decisions, like sancho today, should of played Ronaldo in… we’d score a lot more goals if we work as a team instead of bein selfish and players trying to score for themselves.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
If that's the case, then they should have thought about that before putting in subpar performances every week under Ole. They only have themselves to blame and we're seeing the same thing under RR.
They obviously didn’t deliberately play bad under Ole. It won’t have been a conscious decision. And that’s a separate issue from them feeling crushed after his departure.

Shaw aside, it’s looked most obvious with Bruno. Who’s looked absolutely miserable over the last few weeks. I’d suggest Rashford as well but I’d struggle to remember the last time he looked like he enjoyed playing football.

Xaviboy

Too many big time Charlie's in that squad actually think there better then what they are and don't deserve to be playing for the club.

Think Ole and his staff gave them an easy life and were happy with that and now players are realising they have to work hard and its something most of the squad don't like.

We need more grafters in the squad and will fight and work hard every game.

Wasted alot of money on bang average players who wouldn't get a sniff at the top clubs.

Utd a very long way off competing for the title. All the so called mid table clubs have caught up now with Utd. Every game is a tough one now that showed against Norwich and Newcastle.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
In other words Ronaldo's return has lifted expectations above levels him and some others in your squad are comfortable with.

Walters_19_MuFc

I think his dig is aimed at the forward players. He also said they couldn’t get out from the back as players weren’t providing passing options.

Ronaldo, Sancho, Bruno, Greenwodd Rashford just haven’t gelled and frequently play for themselves this season. Even Cavani was doing that today.
Interesting. Think a lot of this falls back on the manager, who really should be working on this in training. I have no doubt he is, but we're not seeing anything of the sort during games.

RR speaks a lot about balance but the teams he's put out so far have been far from it.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Interesting. Think a lot of this falls back on the manager, who really should be working on this in training. I have no doubt he is, but we're not seeing anything of the sort during games.

RR speaks a lot about balance but the teams he's put out so far have been far from it.
I don't think we can blame the new manager for long term issues. Yes it's his job to fix it but just because it's not fixed yet could be down to many things, Michael Gray, who is a bit of an idiot sometimes said you can't coach players who aren't up for being coached or something along those lines.

There are issues regarding movement and intensity that have been consistent under at least 3 managers.

RopersReturn

And don’t forget AWB giving away possession by kicking the ball aimlessly back to Wolves.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Fair play to him for opening up and being honest and not hiding away from it.

You could tell actually that he wanted to say more and really pin some people to the wall but he managed to keep some composure there.

There's a serious rift in the dressing room, it's obvious and has been obvious for some time.

I don't think anybody is gonna blame the manager realistically this time. The players have done too much.

Statue of Limitations

I missed the match today, caught the highlights, but man it's depressing to hear stuff like this come out.

Bad enough when it's rumours, worse when it's so openly talked about.

DDG was saying something similar when Ole was still here, thinking we have deeper problems than I feared :(

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If we had Forum strictly for interview performances ratings we could finally have positive Forum on the Forum.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite

Hardly a surprise, when the system sacrificed a midfielder to play 2 strikers who both are more of finishers with average passings.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
"We have unbelievable quality!"

So the players aren't the problem.

Ok, where do we have unbelievable quality?

Who from our team walks into the Chelsea, City or Liverpool first team?