Luke Shaw next move?

simplyared

Seeing the player in the Brighton game was a pretty saddening affair, when thinking how talented the player was when playing under Poch only 18 yrs of age. Difficult to assess how big an impact that horrific injury has had on him, but one thing is for sure he’s a shadow of the player he was.

He turns 23 in the summer, his days at Utd are obviously numbered so where will he go and what would be the best move for him?

Myself I would love it if Poch took him back and gave him an opportunity to rebuild his career with Spurs. Then hopefully he could get one back on Mourinho for the horrible way in which he’s been treated by him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Poor Luke. I don't understand how so many feel sorry for him.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He will be here next year if shows the willingness to adapt his attitude, as I honestly think his attitude contributes to the issues he's having. I'm not completely sold on the idea he will be definitely sold, so he might still be here. The ball's in his court, fight or flight?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Poor Luke. I don't understand how so many feel sorry for him.
I don't really feel sorry for him, i feel more sorry for us as a club, and fans.
We have one of the best LB talents in the game, and he doesn't seem to be able to get in good enoug shape, or keep his place when he gets the chance.
A young man who earns more in a month than most of us do in a year, while playing the game we all love, i don't feel sorry for.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don't really feel sorry for him, i feel more sorry for us as a club, and fans.
We have one of the best LB talents in the game, and he doesn't seem to be able to get in good enoug shape, or keep his place when he gets the chance.
A young man who earns more in a month than most of us do in a year, while playing the game we all love, i don't feel sorry for.
True. By all accounts if he applied himself we could've been set in that position.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would Spurs fan even want him? I wouldn't swap Davies for him

Kapardin

He's not even proven that yet.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'd certainly take him back, Jose's comments on him have been horrific all season, then half way through the season calling him the best left back in Europe. There is a definite problem with Jose and the younger players, Martial, Pogba and Shaw, I think Rashford is a United kid sommuch less likely to kick up a fuss. I'd certainly give what a chance at Tottenham, what would his value be now, £20-30M. Jose has basically said he doesn't want him :lol:.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
He's not even proven that yet.
Before the horror injury, he was brilliant!
Maybe he misses Depay, he did very well during their bromance.
He seems to struggle to get back to the level he had before injury.

charlenefan

For 7 games

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You’d want him to go to one of our competitive rivals and actually do well... just to stick it to our current manager?
Mate :houllier:

Santos J

Myself I would love it if Poch took him back and gave him an opportunity to rebuild his career with Spurs. Then hopefully he could get one back on Mourinho for the horrible way in which he’s been treated by him.
Are you a United fan?

RedDevil@84

And Jose will be crying in his bed, thinking about his failure to make Shaw world class. He maybe probably just quit management over it.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I'd take him at City to be backup to Mendy if I'm honest. English, fits the HG rule and a decent player. Wouldn't like to pay more than £15m or so though.

shaky

£100k + a week to play for Man Utd, can't bother himself to get in perfect shape and gets his mates to go crying to the media whenever he gets pulled up about it? He can go do one as far as I'm concerned. His "mates" are probably the source of many leaks in the past few seasons.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
You’d want him to go to one of our competitive rivals and actually do well... just to stick it to our current manager?
Mate :houllier:
This.
If he is to do well then I hope he goes to another league to a team that doesn't get into the Champions League.
If he is to stay in the PL but at a competing club then I hope he fails. If he goes to nobodies then we shouldn't care.

Web of Bissaka

Either...

(1) He gets back to Jose by winning him over and get his place, deservingly, again.
---Remember last season (4th choice LB and pretty much out of squad) and this season up until Jan/Feb 2018 (2th choice and kinda still is, oh and he is much fitter).

or

(2) Concede the fight and join some other club.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'd take him at City to be backup to Mendy if I'm honest. English, fits the HG rule and a decent player. Wouldn't like to pay more than £15m or so though.
I don't think Pep would tolerate him any better than Jose does to be honest. If anything pep seems to be much more demanding of players when it comes to fitness/intensity.

RedDevil@84

£100k + a week to play for Man Utd, can't bother himself to get in perfect shape and gets his mates to go crying to the media whenever he gets pulled up about it? He can go do one as far as I'm concerned. His "mates" are probably the source of many leaks in the past few seasons.
Don't think he has mates in media like Rooney or Moyes does. Media loves certain English players. Hence we have news about Shaw leaving, Rashford needs to leave and all such stuff

NinjaFletch

No he wasn't.

He was in and out of the side and had been criticised for LVG for being unfit in his first season.

He then had about 6 good games at the start of that season before getting injured.

Maybe that was the start of a fit, motivated, Shaw who would have made the position his own, but I wouldn't have bet on it.

Oldyella

Not too bothered really if it's not going to be with us. I hope he goes on to have a good career, he suffered a horrific injury while wearing our shirt so gets a bit of leeway because of it, and while I kind of like the idea of him having a storming season and putting it to Jose, I certainly hope it's not with anyone who could be considered a rival. Mid table club like an Everton or similar.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Don't think he has mates in media like Rooney or Moyes does. Media loves certain English players. Hence we have news about Shaw leaving, Rashford needs to leave and all such stuff
I'm not trying to kick up anything here but do you honestly think Rashford is getting the proper opertunity to develop?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I'd certainly take him back, Jose's comments on him have been horrific all season, then half way through the season calling him the best left back in Europe. There is a definite problem with Jose and the younger players, Martial, Pogba and Shaw, I think Rashford is a United kid sommuch less likely to kick up a fuss. I'd certainly give what a chance at Tottenham, what would his value be now, £20-30M. Jose has basically said he doesn't want him :lol:.
Again, I don't see Pochettino demanding any less of him than Jose does.

There's question marks over Jose's treatment of him, but there are even bigger question marks over Shaw's application, which have come from every manager to manage him, and now people who have coached him as well.

If he leaves United I think he'll be lucky to get another chance anywhere at a similar level. If he does he'll be confronted with the same demands that are on him at United anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Again, I don't see Pochettino demanding any less of him than Jose does.

There's question marks over Jose's treatment of him, but there are even bigger question marks over Shaw's application, which have come from every manager to manage him, and now people who have coached him as well.

If he leaves United I think he'll be lucky to get another chance anywhere at a similar level. If he does he'll be confronted with the same demands that are on him at United anyway.
I agree he seems to have application problems, I'd say LVG and Jose would have similar man management styles. He was such a talant at such a young age it would be criminal for someone not to try and drag it out of him.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
I'm not trying to kick up anything here but do you honestly think Rashford is getting the proper opertunity to develop?
Definitely. How many 20 year olds are regularly involved at the highest level with one of the best clubs in the league (even if it doesn't feel like it half the time!)?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think he will go to one of the promoted teams or a team like Burnley or Crystal Palace (if they stay up). I can see him in The Championship 2-3 years down the line.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not feeling sorry for the guy. Just fail to see the point of starting him against Brighton, hauling him off and then slagging him off in public.
Last ditch to motivate to turn him around, Mourinho has already tried to softly softly approach. Look at I'm not Jose's biggest fan right now but clearly there are problems beyond the manager with Shaw.

charlenefan

Yes. Only Lukaku and Matic have more appearances this season than Rashford. No one made more appearances than him last season. He's had a mid season dip whereby Martial was starting ahead of him then he suffered an injury which kept him out for a month other than that he's been an ever present this season

Member 90678

Couldn't care less what happens to him, probably go on to have some kind of career somewhere.
I support Manchester United and while players are playing for us great but when they leave bye!
Do have a soft spot for a certain type of player but he is certainly not one.

luke511

I think he will go to one of the promoted teams or a team like Burnley or Crystal Palace (if they stay up). I can see him in The Championship 2-3 years down the line.
Dyche would be perfect for him