Luke Shaw next move?

Zlatattack

If I was to advice him i'd tell him to leave in the summer. He's being kept out of the side by a very limited Ashley Young, he's being told publically he's not good enough - i don't think the manager respects him. I'd advice him to move, get his head down and prove a point.

spiriticon

I'd certainly take him back, Jose's comments on him have been horrific all season, then half way through the season calling him the best left back in Europe. There is a definite problem with Jose and the younger players, Martial, Pogba and Shaw, I think Rashford is a United kid sommuch less likely to kick up a fuss. I'd certainly give what a chance at Tottenham, what would his value be now, £20-30M. Jose has basically said he doesn't want him :lol:.
£30 million for Shaw! Yes please. Do you want him giftwrapped with ribbons or string?

JK-27

Do we really need another Luke Shaw thread? This has all been discussed to death in the Luke Shaw performances thread.

Don _ Conte

Supports
Chelsea
He will definitely be leaving in the summer, would take him at Chelsea but think he may end up at spurs potentially.

Smores

Maybe it will teach us not to follow in Liverpool's steps and sign Southampton players.
They do have a knack of making average players look good.

Seriously though i expect Shaw will end like the rest of our failed full backs, Simpson, Buttner, De Laet, Fabio, Richardson and move to a lower PL team before disappearing.

Andersons Dietician

Imagine he’d have offers from a lot of top clubs, sure he’ll be fine for work if he leaves. Will he become the next KDB or Salah is a different question.

Velvet Revolver

Send him out on loan to a PL club. He needs games you can see that his time off due to injury and fitness has made him extremely rusty and devoid of any confidence.

All that said and done, I dont understand how a young player cannot be motivated to do well when he is at the biggest club in England! That itself should be a motivation for any player young or old to do the best they can.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do we really need another Luke Shaw thread? This has all been discussed to death in the Luke Shaw performances thread.
Performances thread is for discussing performances, not where he'll be moving to.

Him and Schneiderlin.

Though I reckon Mane would be brilliant here.
Shame Liverpool didn't get their first target last season (Götze instead of Mane) and this season (Brandt instead of Salah). I don't think Liverpool would be anywhere near their current position with those two.

Rafaeldagold

I'd certainly take him back, Jose's comments on him have been horrific all season, then half way through the season calling him the best left back in Europe. There is a definite problem with Jose and the younger players, Martial, Pogba and Shaw, I think Rashford is a United kid sommuch less likely to kick up a fuss. I'd certainly give what a chance at Tottenham, what would his value be now, £20-30M. Jose has basically said he doesn't want him :lol:.
So you say his comments all season have been horrific yet in next sentence you mention that he said he could be the best left back in Europe..

There is no ‘problem with Jose and younger players’ you’re simply recycling soundbites from the gutter press. Pogba- he’s lost form but Jose obviously wanted him and sees him as integral for future seeing as he bought him.
Martial does play often and sometimes well, sometimes not. But he’s playing him as funnily enough Jose wants United to score goals. He also funnily enough would like Shaw to realise his potential.
Shaw has had 4 managers question his commitment now yet because it’s Jose it gets turns into ‘bullying’ or as you said ‘horrific’ .

People still love to hate United as everybody knows we’re the biggest club in England and any little dip in form/results will unleash drivel which rival fans will just latch onto. I mean even Chris Sutton is apparently note worthy to critique Jose, I mean it’s ridiculous really. And the problem with pundits and media talking drivel is that their sound bites will be repeated constantly by rival fans and then suddenly the narrative becomes the truth.

Before the Leicester v Chelsea game I heard Lineker say ‘looking forward to a good game between two attacking teams’ Chelsea are garbage and play more defensive stuff than us!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Send him out on loan to a PL club. He needs games you can see that his time off due to injury and fitness has made him extremely rusty and devoid of any confidence.

All that said and done, I dont understand how a young player cannot be motivated to do well when he is at the biggest club in England! That itself should be a motivation for any player young or old to do the best they can.
This. May as well loan him out to a mid-table club to see how he does. Would be terrible if he flops and we lose a decent fee later on though.

If he moves then Leicester. Would have said Everton but they already have some good fbs.

simplyared

'Antics'. Ffs. When Shaw showed up a fat ass under LvG was that the manager's fault too?

He's been given plenty of chances and publicly admitted he hadn't been applying himself properly. Don't do your job to the best of your abilities you can piss off.
If Shaw is such a fat arse, why do you think the manager started him against Brighton?

catmandeu

Supports
north east united
Just out of curiosity,why is he being termed this prodigious English talent even before his injury. I didn’t like him even back then.

Kapardin

Well, considering he ain't playing any more this season in all likelihood, his next move is likely to the nearest KFC joint.

Velvet Revolver

This. May as well loan him out to a mid-table club to see how he does. Would be terrible if he flops and we lose a decent fee later on though.

If he moves then Leicester. Would have said Everton but they already have some good fbs.
Leicester is not a bad option he could replace Chilwell. But then again, if he cannot be motivated by being at United, I am not sure how it will help with him being at Leicester.

Maybe a loan move to Spurs? work under Poch get his confidence back and who knows it might turn around good for him and united.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Leicester is not a bad option he could replace Chilwell. But then again, if he cannot be motivated by being at United, I am not sure how it will help with him being at Leicester.

Maybe a loan move to Spurs? work under Poch get his confidence back and who knows it might turn around good for him and united.
I've been to watch Leicester a few times this season and he'd be a definite improvement on Chilwell.

Last edited:

Rossa

How brilliant if there's a complete turn around and Shaw pledges his loyalty to the club, puts his head out of his arse and starts performing. As long as there are no direct quotes from Shaw and Mourinho, I'll do as Bon Jovi and keep the faith.

AndyJ1985

After Januzaj, Depay, and now Shaw, you'd hope people would learn to stop over hyping every young player who puts on a United shirt. It's such over hyping that leads to such disappointment.

Alabaster Codify7

As is the case with everyone we sell nowadays, I think a LOT of fans are going to be pig-sick and have their eyes ripped open when they see what's next for Luke Shaw.

Anyone expecting teams like Spurs to be interested in an overweight, out of shape, injury-prone player who two consecutive United managers have found problematic, are in for a shock.

Put your fecking mortgage on it - by August 1st, 2018, Shaw will be back at Southampton. Mark my words. And it won't be a happy return, either. He'll fail to displace Bertrand or at best, will replace him when a bigger club goes for Bertrand but will not do much of a note.

By 2020, I see Shaw in the Championship.

The Bloody-Nine

Because it's all to do with working the media. He'll be gone in the summer.
We've been told he'll be gone since Mourinho joined. And he's still here and still being given opportunities. Granted, he may have blown his last one but that's on him. He isn't being picked on, he isn't being hard done by, nothing is a 'disgrace'......he just hasn't been good enough in the eyes of the manager. And this isn't the only manager he's had issues with. Won a record transfer to arguably the biggest club in the world and what does he do? Turns up overweight and unfit and has to be placed on a special training programme. Says it all, really.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
He should go abroad, Spain or Italy ideally. Get out of the media spotlight and concentrate on his football, and make sure he looks after himself.

I'd have him at Chelsea but I don't think he'd find it any easier under Conte. Maybe with a new manager.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

For all the supposed pampering he will get from Pochettino that will make him shine again, he doesn't really look like the ideal FB/WB for Spurs. The wide players are essential to Spurs' tactics and their main characteristics are great stamina, urgency & aggressiveness behind the ball in the defensive phase, super intensity on & off the ball in the attacking phase and many other things. They are not known either for arriving late in their area of responsibility and for back-stepping when the player on the ball is attacking them which are Shaw's main attributes since his injuries. I don't know what the future holds for Shaw but right now he can be a part of this Spurs' side only if Poch is more of a miracle worker than a manager.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If Shaw comes out and says that he wants to fight for his place at United, I'll be chuffed. If Mourinho still wants to get rid of him then, then so be it.

I hope he shows some fight though.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Hopefully doesn't end up doing a Salah or De Bruyne in a few years.

lsd

The Oracle
Again, I don't see Pochettino demanding any less of him than Jose does.

There's question marks over Jose's treatment of him, but there are even bigger question marks over Shaw's application, which have come from every manager to manage him, and now people who have coached him as well.

If he leaves United I think he'll be lucky to get another chance anywhere at a similar level. If he does he'll be confronted with the same demands that are on him at United anyway.
Hasn't Pochettino criticised his fitness before as well during his Southampton days?

He is so overrated it's crazy there's no way he will make it a club anywhere near Utd's level

El Zoido

He’s just not a very good player. This “Mourinho the bully” narrative is pretty pathetic tbh. Players are like tissue paper these days, then you have some fans thinking Shaw would be starting left back at Barcelona if he wasn’t stuck under the oppressive and cruel Jose Mourinho. No wonder we’re such a fecking failure. Maybe Jose is outdated like some people say, thinking that he can push someone in the chest and expect that man to stand up and push back twice as hard. No, instead they cry and we get stories about how the squad is shocked at what a horrible bully the manager is.

C'est Moi Cantona

It's a real shame because just before he got his bad injury he was beginning to look fantastic, this is the only time I have really seen what the hype about him was all about.

He clearly has issues now, but no doubt someone will take a chance on him in the summer, if Wenger is still about it wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal took a chance, but sadly I see his struggles continuing where ever he goes.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Hopefully doesn't end up doing a Salah or De Bruyne in a few years.
Could easily happen if he gets his head down somewhere with a manager that suits him. I personally wouldn’t like to see him go.