Luke Shaw off to Leicester?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Shaw is underestimated a lot here. I am not his big fan but he is first team Man Utd full back, English, was in NT, only 24y old. He has value on the market and we should get solid money for him

Robertd0803

Was intrigued until I clicked the link and saw it was the BBC Sports transfer gossip page, masquerading as legitimate news in a tweet.
Yeah its headwrecking how they do that. Taking advantage of BBC being somewhat reliable. I wonder what the bounce rate is on the gossip page once people realise they clicked on to that page and not a proper story.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Cant believe a nothing gossip column story has generated so much discussion.
Unbelievable isn't it ?
People sitting on front of a computer making stuff up followed by people buying into it and posting it on forums. I just hope Luke didn't buy into it & get pissy with his agent.

beingshe7don

Technically, he would be going to be to the team that can offer him Champions League football. He will be playing football with better tactics that'll make him a better footballer. So in other words, Luke Shaw will be getting the better end of the deal. Man Utd has completely lost it. We will never win the league or champions league with Woodward, Judge, Ole and the Glazers at the club.

Fosu-Mens

Shaw is underestimated a lot here. I am not his big fan but he is first team Man Utd full back, English, was in NT, only 24y old. He has value on the market and we should get solid money for him
Injuries, can't cross, a little bit on the heavy side, not the best going forward, his passing decisions are not good at all(will improve by playing in a team with some actual coaching on the ball), £150k per week in wages. Lingard was on the NT.

Don't see how he has much value in the market. If he is willing to leave, then, by all means, we should get rid.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Injuries, can't cross, a little bit on the heavy side, not the best going forward, his passing decisions are not good at all(will improve by playing in a team with some actual coaching on the ball), £150k per week in wages. Lingard was on the NT.

Don't see how he has much value in the market. If he is willing to leave, then, by all means, we should get rid.
Everything what you wrote except injuries goes for AWB. And we payed him 50 mil. And Shaw has far better technique than AWB. So if AWB is 50 then Shaw must be at least 30-35

Fosu-Mens

Everything what you wrote except injuries goes for AWB. And we payed him 50 mil. And Shaw has far better technique than AWB. So if AWB is 50 then Shaw must be at least 30-35
AWB is only worth anything to a team preferring to play "park the bus and counter" type of football.

AWB for a team playing relevant football will not be worth anything close to £50m.

Shaw is not an elite defender, nor is he close to being anywhere good enough in attack despite having a passable technique (which does not mean anything when he can't cross or make a sensible pass).

Ekeke

AWB is only worth anything to a team preferring to play "park the bus and counter" type of football.

AWB for a team playing relevant football will not be worth anything close to £50m.

Shaw is not an elite defender, nor is he close to being anywhere good enough in attack despite having a passable technique (which does not mean anything when he can't cross or make a sensible pass).
He makes good passes. His attacking movement is where there are levels of improvement to go

Hoof the ball

The one thing he doesn't do doesn't need to be coached. Luke rarely ever sprints off the ball. How many LB's overlap like a mad man when the winger cuts inside with the ball? many! Shaw always plods past his teammate, so any advantage to an overlap is eventually gone as the opposition defence has shifted across. It's just pure laziness. There's no reason why he can't bust his ass to be available for every potential overlap, but he's always a few seconds too late.

MAME DIOUF 32

Like many of our players, he would bring in a good fee if it weren't for the fact that he's massively overpaid. In a stupidly inflated market I could easily see him fetching £20 million or more if he was on a wage that other clubs would be willing to match on top of the fee, but that won't be the case.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Like many of our players, he would bring in a good fee if it weren't for the fact that he's massively overpaid. In a stupidly inflated market I could easily see him fetching £20 million or more if he was on a wage that other clubs would be willing to match on top of the fee, but that won't be the case.
That is absolutely bang on. We pay higher wages than nearly everyone so cannot shift them off for even a fair transfer fee.

Ballist1x

Wouldn't surprise me if he wants to play champions league football l.