Luke Shaw off to Leicester?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
BBC quoting the Daily Mail, didn't think Leicester would be that stupid

Chairman Steve

Was intrigued until I clicked the link and saw it was the BBC Sports transfer gossip page, masquerading as legitimate news in a tweet.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Gossip column where they round up all the shit talk from every crap website. Absolute nothing story.

Irwin99

Can they afford his wages? I'd imagine he'd have to take a cut to go there. Can't see it happening (though I kind of wish it was)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
If they sell Chilwell, probably to City.

I'd let him go if a silly offer came in, but we should be focusing elsewhere.

Paul_Scholes18

Young and Shaw gone would leave us very light again. We need to bring in players before we sell everyone. I guess we can trust our academy to bail us out since we are so poor in the market.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don't mind selling him but we should rip them off like they did us with Maguire. 40mil minimum

binary bot
I like Shaw but it would be excellent squad management if we could get something decent for him and convert it into a more reliable player.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Do you think Leicester would laugh if we asked for £60 million.

40m and Maddison plus add ons on the other hand :cool:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I bet if he went there the injuries would stop and he'd become the player we all thought he would. We seem cursed on the injury front, I think it's something internally wrong at the club, it can't be luck surely.

Lee565

Defended him in the past and thought it was circumstances outside of control affecting his game but watching him get surpassed by williams makes it hard to defend him anymore.

Djemba-Djemba

Defended him in the past and thought it was circumstances outside of control affecting his game but watching him get surpassed by williams makes it hard to defend him anymore.
Seeing a left back actually able to get up and down the pitch with ease, without looking like they need an oxygen mask at FT, has really made Shaw look bad.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
You’d be mad to let him go right now, Williams is coming in nicely but he can’t shoulder the whole thing. If young went as well that would only leave Dalot and Laird as back ups which isn’t enough

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That's the good thing about this season. There is no excuses left for some of these guys, even guys we like and hoped would improve. Hopefully we can move on to better things now.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Where could Chilwell be off to? Surely City aren't spending loads on him when they desperately need a centre back and have repeatedly said they're not buying anyone.

Rajma

If someone is willing to pay actual money for him given his salary level we should take the money and run.

Hammer_st

If that is true and Young leaves as in January we should go for Meunier and Kurzawa for free in summer.

NoPace

Where could Chilwell be off to? Surely City aren't spending loads on him when they desperately need a centre back and have repeatedly said they're not buying anyone.
1. If Pep is tired of Mendy being hurt, Chillwell is a direct replacement for City in terms of an attacking left-back who can whip in a cross and is there for offense and not for defense or possession play (which I guess is Zinchenko)

2. Could be Leicester buying Chillwell's replacement now and having them both for a year then Chillwell goes in 2021, or Chilwell going now. Chelsea could also use an LB and should have money to spend after the ban. Or maybe a foreign team has seen Trippier do well at Atletico and would spend big. PSG would make sense even with Bernat doing well

3. If Leicester think Shaw's value is at it's nadir, why not spend on him now, even if Chillwell situation is unclear. If we'll sell him for 15M and Leicester think he's a 25-30M player his England periphery suggests...

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Shaw hasn’t been the most consistent performer for us since his leg break but I still reckon there’s a player in there and I think for the time being it benefits us and Williams having them both competing for that spot.

Luke Shaw is not a bad player and selling him this year would just leave us with more shopping to do. Keep him and let him and Williams battle it out over the LB slot.

ROFLUTION

It would be a good deal for both parts. Except it probably means Chilwell would go to City or Spurs

-Supreme-

I believe Shaw is on around 150k a week?

Considering Vardy is their highest paid player (reported around 120k) so I can only see this happening if we pay half of his wages or giving him away on a free