Luke Shaw

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
3 year deal. If he doesn't want that, good luck at Everton in the Championship.

peridigm

Unlike the last manager, I'm confident ETH will not approve an outrageous deal to keep him. If Shaw wants a 5 year deal, let him go to Everton.

FujiVice

So that's why he's raised his level from absolutely abysmal to quite good again? Sick of his bullshit to be honest.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I refuse to believe anyone wants to go to Everton.

Wilt

Obviously he wants a five year deal, who else would be stupid enough to pay him the wages he’s on?

Skills

Snitch
He'll do better than Everton. Cancelo / Shaw's potentially a great full back partnership

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don’t think he’s shown the consistent fitness to justify a 5 year contract at 27. The club and the player will meet in the middle somewhere

Chairman Steve

He’s likely playing his bollocks off for us for that potential 5 year deal he wants as he has 7 months left. Playing well at the moment but he’s been fairly inconsistent in his time here. He moves between pretty good to pretty forgettable.

I feel like he relies on competition as motivation. When Telles came in, he played better and once he saw Telles off he reverted back to being bleh. Malacia comes in and he’s back to being good again.

If it’s 5 year deal or bust, then let him leave like we did with Ander Herrera when he wanted similar, because like Herrera, he’s decent but we could do better and it’s not worth yielding too. Maybe Malacia will be more up to it by the end of season once he’s fully settled in.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
a) He won't be leaving any time soon and
b) No way should he have a 5 year deal

Let's see how the rest of the season goes first. Nobody knows for sure but his attitude is possibly questionable on the evidence of the last 3 years.

The time that anyone who isn't committed to get rewarded has gone with the current managerial appointment hopefully. His hands are tied with Ronaldo due to wages and lack of offers.

Jericholyte2

I’d give him a 3+1 deal at exactly the same terms he’s currently on but increased performance clauses as he seems to be doing well with the competition for his place from Malacia.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think we could upgrade but it might be worth offering him a couple of years extension while we figure out it Malacia is the real deal or not

BerryBerryShrew

His form has been like a JoJo since he came and his figure matches.
His form has improved again after last season but I fear that It's just too little too late. We should offer a 3 year deal and if he doesn't like it he can Get out, Right now.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
How much does he want? If Everton's willing to give him £180k a week. Have a nice one pal. We're massively overpaying Shaw and others.

Last edited:

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Isn't he the best paid fullback in the league?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I’d give him a 3+1 deal at exactly the same terms he’s currently on but increased performance clauses as he seems to be doing well with the competition for his place from Malacia.
Are performance clauses standard in contracts at top clubs nowadays?

I think we should be more comfortable with telling players to bring back their best offers from the market, and if we can't, or don't want to match those offers we should be willing to sell or let them walk.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's pretty standard contract talk really.

Agent publicly states interest from other clubs to get a better offer, club state they have a back up ready if he wants to go etc etc

they'll sort it out eventually or he will get sold/walk.

Realistically though, a fit Luke Shaw is not somebody you sell.

Gaiialia

Let him go on a free. He's never been consistently good and he also has a problem with injuries.

We need a player to compete with Dalot and a good LB. We still don't know if Malacia could be that player, but he's been a good backup so far and if we find a good LB he could develop as a future starter.

If ETH thinks Shaw can be that starter until Malacia takes his place then we should offer a 2-year deal with an extra year option. What if Shaw doesn't like that contract? Goodbye mate, it's been fun but the joke is over. We need to stop giving average players big and long contracts.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
If he stays, good. He's a solid enough player for the most part but he's also vastly overpaid.

If he wants to go to Everton because they're willing to pay him more, great. Being a solid enough player is useful, but to show up when a new manager comes in, or when an international tournament is pending isn't enough so you lose no sleep over it.

Everton are light-years away from being where they want to be so you know what his actual motivation is if there's anything in it.

I expect he'll stay and there'll be a 4 year deal on the same wage he's on now.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He's first choice at Man United, he aint going to Everton.
Agree with this too.

I do think they will have to get a better starting LB if they want to be one of the best teams in world football again though.

The amount of times he gets on the wrong side of/outpaced by/ out muscled by an attacker and has to take them down and a yellow is ridiculous for a top fullback.

His attacking contribution isn't stellar either.

Add the injury issues , the weight fluctuation and the fact he only ever seems to play consistently well these days when he is negotiating a contract and I think they will need an upgrade sooner rather than later.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I want Everton to bid for him so we can then call it 'derisory'

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
If we want to keep him, then we should give him a 5 year deal, and if not, then sell him. It makes no sense to be offering your 26 year old first choice, and England’s first choice LB a 3 year deal.

BerryBerryShrew

If we want to keep him, then we should give him a 5 year deal, and if not, then sell him. It makes no sense to be offering your 26 year old first choice, and England’s first choice LB a 3 year deal.
I love me some Lukey, and I think that on talent alone he is a world class LB but I can see why a 3 year deal is being offered.

He has spent most of his time here injured/unfit/unmotivated/too rotund to actually run. Therefore it makes sense to not tie ourselves to Luke and his saggy man-tits for half a decade lest he fall back into old habits once the ink is dry on the contract.

Of course, knowing our luck he'll feck off to Newcastle and become a model pro overnight.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Well I was surprised with his good form, I knew there must be some catch. If we give him 5 year contract based on 5 good games then we are even worse than I thought.

I don't really care about the money, but you know he will turn to shite as soon as he signs that contract, it's inevitable.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
As long as we keep buying a 15-20m left back to compete with him every few seasons he should remain golden.

But 5 year deal on his wages/improved wage screams risk.

Red00012

No way should be we offering a 5 year deal considering his track record