Television Luther

Art

Art the artist
With Idris Elba as this brilliant yet mentally unstable detective. Three Episodes in been worth my while. Anyone else?

Idris Elba is a beautiful man. Beautiful face.

Giggzinho

Punjabi dude
idris is the epitome of manhood

great show, agreed a little far fetched at times, season 3 is coming soon!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
First series was hard to top along with Ruth Wilson yet I found the second series a bit less quality...but Idris is great

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I am five episodes through the first series of this show, and I must say, I find it captivating viewing. I've been a fan of Elba's since The Wire (I have been meaning to get into this show with ages) and would say it's definitely worth making the effort with. Very dark at times, and sometimes a little far-fetched, but each episode is riveting. Highly recommended if you're a fan of detective series'.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
It's a good show but Idris carries it. It's a standard Rebus/Messiah type deal, elevated in watchability by Elba. Mans has ridiculous charm.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
With Idris Elba as this brilliant yet mentally unstable detective.

Oh well, at least he's not a divorced alcoholic who's haunted by the ghosts of the past while being hunted by the killer he was hunting.

Mockney

Well...he is, like, sort of. He's tortured and surly and divorced and shit. It's very much in that mould. But Idris is so captivating and charismatic and powerful and sexy I just want him to hold me in his big strong arms and fix me with his haunted puppy brown eyes and, wait am I writing this?

SteveJ

Scout
Oh well, at least he's not named something exotic and ridiculous like Inspector Endeavour Morse, or DCI Montmorency Flamenco, or Constable Painting etc etc.

SteveJ

Scout
Not our Colin, surely? :lol:

Mockney

Well I'm not writing the part for him, but I'd be willing to screen test him.

His second name should be really wet and fishlike. Possibly even just fish.

"The names Fish. Colin Fish"

I think it works.

Cina

You have an irrational love for Idris Elba, Mockney.

It's also enough to get me to download this show and watch it.

SteveJ

Scout
We all have our vices - I love The White Queen, even though it's a bag of poop.

SteveJ

Scout
:lol:

You're a lot better than TWQ, sire.
*doths cap, wig falls off*

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Great start to the new series, but why did that cnut start being a cnut.

Plus where's that sexy bitch, I want her back, there's just something about her that I like.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Ruth Wilson, yeah I heard she was back for Series 3 - perhaps later. It was a good start although we're left to believe the level of internal affairs in the police department is this cloak & dagger - felt a bit contrived.

Genius Me!

Yeah that disappointed me, it seemed a bit out of character from Mr Ripley. It's not as if he's never known what Luther is like and all of a sudden he just turns on him like that.

Leg-End

Good start, will get better the instant Alice comes back though.

MoneyMay

Ruth Wilson is beautiful. She's not going to get the "she's effing hot" label, but there's something about her character and the way she acts that makes her such a good fit for the show. Idric Elba and her have carried the show IMO.

twitter thread suggester
Poor start to the season.

It's been going downhill since the first season.

TheReligion

Abusive
You are entitled to your opinion Top, but you must be one of the only ones with it from what I have read and seen so far!

twitter thread suggester
For me it was the relationship between Luther and the crazy redhead that made this series stand out.
And now they have just constructed some lame plot out of nowhere with this internal affairs covert sting that his incredibly loyal partner decides to join in no time because he suddenly decides Luther's shenanigans are evil.

Also, the female black detective is so annoying.

Abbsta

For me it was the relationship between Luther and the crazy redhead that made this series stand out.
And now they have just constructed some lame plot out of nowhere with this internal affairs covert sting that his incredibly loyal partner decides to join in no time because he suddenly decides Luther's shenanigans are evil.

Agree. That redhead's character and acting was brilliant I thought. And I know what you mean about the other one :lol:

Genius Me!

Yes, I said it earlier that it was completely out of character of him. He knows all about Luther and after that other dick strangled him he's decided to team up with him. It makes no sense really.

And yes the black bitch is annoying.

Can't wait for Alice to make her appearance, this new love interest of Luther isn't a patch on her.

TheReligion

Abusive
I see where you lot are coming from but I'm expecting some twists and doubt everything will be as it appears...

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Was it only me that thought the "fight" between Luther and the serial killer was ridiculous ? Why didn't Luther draw his gun ? Does he have a gun ?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Do London police even carry guns?

Still think Elba carries every scene with his mere presence but there has really been nothing gripping about this series thus far. I'm not interested in the storyline with the murderer, his new flame or the IA angle that seemed to improbably change direction - still no Alice either.

A lot of long scenes just for Elba to show his range as an actor without even uttering any dialogue (Guess the writers got lazy)

twitter thread suggester
It lacks Alice Morgan!

Any idea why she gets so little airtime? Is she doing other stuff?