LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
First season back in the champions league with basically a brand new team. Yes the group looked relatively easy on paper but we should be realistic. Very disappointing still but we all know were not one of the top dogs in Europe just now.

Learning curve. van Gaal will stay.
True. We're still in our 10 year transition phase under van Gaal.

Dobba

The same person half these posters were moaning didn't play enough youth 6 months ago, and claiming they cared more about entertainment than results 2 weeks ago.
I'm beginning to think this is a parallel universe, because this appears to be a version of the Cafe that didn't want Nani and Hernandez out of the door.

An Irish Red

Drag SAF back to work. Its just for a couple of months and he still owe us for suggesting that frigging loser as manager
If he would come back then great but he wouldn't. Sack Van Gaal and we get Giggs for the rest of the season and then almost certainly end up with him keeping the job full time.

That's a much worse fate than Van Gaal, regardless of your view on him.

Eddy_JukeZ

I just hope we can qualify for the UCL again next season.

Not qualifying for the UCL would be a nightmare.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This place has gone bananas :lol:
Why not? He's still a United employee. Busby returned to United for some time, why cant SAF? Giggs can do the leg work and Im sure Rene would be thrilled to return to OT and help his old mentor again

Rampant-red

No point replacing him now so I rather we stick with him until the end of the season.[/QUOTE OH God no. I can't take any ore of the bull out of that man anymore. Every single man and woman in the country have been saying there is something wrong and it's all down to LvG

Roboc7

Has to go at end of season, we are going nowhere there is still loads of rebuilding to do and he is leaving in a year anyway. Makes no sense form him to remain beyond the summer.

Castia

Get him out in the summer.

Bad results are one thing but piss poor tactics and style of play are too much. He's spent around 200m and look at our squad.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
The same person half these posters were moaning didn't play enough youth 6 months ago, and claiming they cared more about entertainment than results 2 weeks ago.
I think most were only saying these lads should play because we were not very active in the transfer market. We failed to replace a lot of players. Maybe there is a great masterplan at work, and thats why so many have been patient, but now its becoming clear that there is no plan.

Ainu

I fully support this. Spending the amount he has and making a mess of this CL group in his second season, with so much damage done in earlier matches due to his mind killing tactics and the insane decisions along the way. Can't stand him for another second at United.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'm still behind him. Injuries are fecking with us, i just hope Smalling is ok.

DM07

Time for him to leave. I like possession football and it was nice seeing us play a continental style of football when it all clicked. It was a refreshing change from the hoofball played by Moyes. But I think he has taken us as far as he could. He has made certain players better on the ball (Young, Smalling, Valencia) and improved our passing but our game has now become too stagnant. We need a new manager to take us to the next level (No Jose or Simeone please). Pep would be the ideal choice.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I'm still behind him. Injuries are fecking with us, i just hope Smalling is ok.
Sorry dude, but we shouldn't have been going into tonight's match needing to win. Injuries did hamper us tonight you are right, but what about earlier in the group stages when we had a full squad?

dsch

I'm sorry I didn't realise ancelloti was in work at the moment...oh wait, he isn't

Binning this useless idiot and bringing in ancelloti would be the best move this's clubs made since SAF.
Wishful bullshit refers to changing managers magically making everything better.

Smores

I've disliked him greatly for quite a while but there's just no point sacking him mid season

PSingh

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's at a crossroads right now, the league table is keeping him in a job. But we have had 18 months of his management and we have only 'clicked' for one month last season. Its not good enough.

2 man midfield

Sorry dude, but we shouldn't have been going into tonight's match needing to win. Injuries did hamper us tonight you are right, but what about earlier in the group stages when we had a full squad?
No you're right, the PSV games were the killers. Not blaming all our failings on injuries either, but i still think we'd be better off keeping LvG.

Devil81

I've disliked him greatly for quite a while but there's just no point sacking him mid season
In fairness one of the world's best managers is available in Ancelotti, it would make perfect sense to sack him if we fancied our chances with Carlo.

RedOldBoy

Why not? He's still a United employee. Busby returned to United for some time, why cant SAF?
We don't have any other choice. We need to stick with LVG, hopefully he will make amends in the transfer window and we go on to finish in the top 4. If an opportunity to get Ancelotti or preferably Guardiola arrives get him. Oh and give him lots of cash too, because we still need positions to be covered and some proper class players in.

Revan

Assumptionman
It'll be neither. He'll still be here next season to the bemusement of many caftards.
Many wise people were saying the same thing for Moyes.

I don't know why people talk like they were Ed's best buddy and know what will in fact happen.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Wishful bullshit refers to changing managers magically making everything better.
It won't make things better now, but we do need a change of mentality. Louis has fecked out half the squad, replaced it with 300mill and we still probably need to spend that much again to have a good squad again. Louis has dig his own hole here. Shite style of play and limited options on the bench.

devilish

We're slowly losing our grip on the EPL top 4 as well. We haven't won a game for ages. Id say the club should at least try to bring SAF back for the next couple of months. It would give us the time to negotiate for a top manager

2 man midfield

...from good few years. Almost nothing in that matter was addressed to prevent the same hopeless situation to happen.
I think he thought he'd discovered something with his new training methods, we seemed ok for a good 6 months or so. Then Shaw broke his leg and it all went to shit.

But it was naive to go into the season with such a thin squad.

2 man midfield

We're slowly losing our grip on the EPL top 4 as well. We haven't won a game for ages. Id say the club should at least try to bring SAF back for the next couple of months. It would give us the time to negotiate for a top manager
He'd be nuts to even consider it imo.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Feck him very much. He wanted to do it with an inferior attacking force, so he could show the world what a superior coach he is. He let go Chicha, RVP wasn't good enough for him anymore, ok. But then he kept Fellaini.

In general he made things way too complex for no reason, killed the dressing room hierarchy. I can continue to state the obvious, but 80% of you know this already, so it's actually pointless.

He has failed, clear as day, now he can go feck himself.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Meh. Don't know. Is there anyone better than LvG who can come in right now and give us a kick start like Klopp has done at Liverpool? It would probably be Giggs. Ancelotti is out of the game until the summer it seems. I think it would be more damaging to bin LvG now than to wait it out and reassess in the summer.

But, we need to finish top 4 again. Spurs and Liverpool look every bit as capable of it as we do right now. Given the injuries and the incapability of scoring goals, it's far from secure.

I just don't understand why everything good about the 2nd half of last season has seemingly been abandoned. The style of play, the formation, the use of players like Fellaini and Herrera. It's like LvG pressed the reset button in the summer and we're now learning a new system, a new formation, a new approach, after spending months getting last season's style of play it click. And when it did click, it was some of the best football we've played for ages.

There's a decent foundation in place, but I don't see LvG's disciplined, rigid style of play being able to take what is there to the next level.

roykeane19

What has happened to this club, weve turned to an absolute joke and laughing stock, no planning, transfers are a farce, getting sub standard managers

First was the Moyes appointment, then Woodward and his transfer farces, with the 3 "amigos", and paying over top for Fellaini, then breaking record after record for losing matches against teams who hadnt beaten us in 20+ years. Then we got this average manager who just praises himself without much to show for it, considering the great teams he somehow got to manage, Then we got excited with his first transfer window, only for the 2 biggest to be flops,

Then we barely scraped 4th place, then had another joke of a window where he sold all our strikers, and bought Martial in last hours of the window, then theres our style of play, almost all the players are regressing under him

He needs to fecking go, hes a fake imo, dont think hes even in the top 20 managers in the world, theres mangers at smaller clubs who perform much better on smaller budgets

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
A few weeks ago, it looked great. And now, a shambles with the injuries and the exit.
It definitely didn't look great a few weeks ago. All the problems have been there for a long time, but a lot made excuses for him.

He hasn't progressed us much more than slightly up the league and arguably the league is worse than ever anyway.
We won't go much further with him because we're stunted.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
True. We're still in our 10 year transition phase under van Gaal.
Nah. Were just not quite as good as some believe and still have work to be done. Its pretty obvious. We have a very young side yet this is ignored entirely and we are expected to win every game easily. Its ridiculous considering the change and we have to work towards that. With such a young, inexperienced and new squad, we will have ups and downs. Just because I choose not to have a tantrum on a forum doesn't mean I am enjoying everything. Just realistic. Fergies gone, that United has gone.

We have to work towards that level again. Chopping and changing every 10-20 months won't help. That's not United.

Its not good enough of course. Nor am I suggesting it is. Going forward I would be using the front 4 who started today until January, at least.

devilish

We don't have any other choice. We need to stick with LVG, hopefully he will make amends in the transfer window and we go on to finish in the top 4. If an opportunity to get Ancelotti or preferably Guardiola arrives get him. Oh and give him lots of cash too, because we still need positions to be covered and some proper class players in.
We do. We still have as employee someone whom, unlike, philosophy knows both United and the EPL inside out. Someone who would stir the ship and raise the morale. It would be a short term thing until we can sort the issue in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.