LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrion

This is the first official LVG out thread. There's been a few unofficial ones so far.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Cowardly tactics in Europe meant we didn't get the advantage from our home games we should've.

It's the same story in the league. Dropping points left, right and centre for fear of attacking.

Risk takers like Herrera are never more than a quiet half from the bench. Yet Van Gaal plays safety first cloggers and underperformers consistently.

He has taken United as far as he can. We will not win anything with him at the helm.

Van Gaal has to go.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
We do. We still have as employee someone whom, unlike, philosophy knows both United and the EPL inside out. Someone who would stir the ship and raise the morale. It would be a short term thing until we can sort the issue in summer.
Fergies earned his retirement.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He'd be nuts to even consider it imo.
Why? He loves United and we need him. Its pretty much the same scenario we had when he begged Scholes to return and save the day. Also its not as if anyone is expecting him to win the treble.

Bwuk

Been saying it for a while. Sooner he f*cks off the better.

InfiniteBoredom

Losing my patience at the moment I must admit. The worrying thing is Carrick seems to be frozen out this season, coupled with the earlier media reports about him and Rooney confronting LvG, does not look good.

LvG has made a big mess with his decision to stick with Rooney, and it might just be his downfall. Still think he should be given the chance to win the league given how shite everybody else are, but if we fall out of the race and top 4 is under threat then the logical thing is to part ways.

devilish

Fergies earned his retirement.
well he loves us and we need him. He did called Scholes out of retirement after all and we need him more than we needed Paul. Giggs can do the leg work and Im sure we can convince Rene to return

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Why? He loves United and we need him. Its pretty much the same scenario we had when he begged Scholes to return and save the day. Also its not as if anyone is expecting him to win the treble.
If i were him i wouldn't. Risk tarnishing your legacy for 6 months? Fergie's stock has increased by the month since the day he retired, and he hasn't even had to do anything.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What are you going on about?

LVG has spent £250m and has had 18 months to get this team to gel. He can't even do that.

It's not about league titles. Even Klopp in such a short time has improved Liverpool in some games.
Im not saying he's done a great job. But we have tens of LVG out threads after every loss. Some people wanted us to lose today just to see him sacked. Im just saying this place is getting a tad out of hand.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I wouldn't complain. Throw as many cheap suits and Scarface memorabilia at Simeone as we can muster.
You do realise Simione plays a similar compact, organised team unit? They've scored the same amount of league goals as us this season.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Ive moaned about Rooney all season, but watching how LVG is destroying other talented players im starting to think Rooney may still be a good player and its LVG`s tactics and fecking philosophy that makes good players crap.

~Think about all the players who have gone to shit under LVG!

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I'm kind of curious what we'd look like if we give him a third, even a fourth year. Maybe he'll finish the process?

RexHamilton

Gumshoe for hire
Are the return of Fergie posts serious? :lol::lol:

I love the Caf. Great work lads.

devilish

If i were him i wouldn't. Risk tarnishing your legacy for 6 months? Fergie's stock has increased by the month since the day he retired, and he hasn't even had to do anything.
I don't think there's anything he can do that would tarnish his legacy. Everyone knows that this team cant win trophies. Surely the old man can stir the ship to a top 4 place. He knows the EPL more than all the other managers in the EPL combined

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Ive moaned about Rooney all season, but watching how LVG is destroying other talented players im starting to think Rooney may still be a good player and its LVG`s tactics and fecking philosophy that makes good players crap.

~Think about all the players who have gone to shit under LVG!
Attacking players seem to have gone to shit or simply not given a chance

In fairness to Lvg he has done well with the defenders

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't think there's anything he can do that would tarnish his legacy. Everyone knows that this team cant win trophies. Surely the old man can stir the ship to a top 4 place. He knows the EPL more than all the other managers in the EPL combined
He probably could, but he went out a winner. I just wouldn't do it if i was him, that's all i'm saying.

InfiniteBoredom

We do. We still have as employee someone whom, unlike, philosophy knows both United and the EPL inside out. Someone who would stir the ship and raise the morale. It would be a short term thing until we can sort the issue in summer.
Went down that road with Busby before, didn't work. No reason to chance it now.

All of Fergie's back room staff are gone. He's been out of the game for 2 years, he won't be the same all knowing presence he was.

Stick with LvG for the moment, but if he begins failing in the league as well then put the feelers out for Pep/Ancelotti.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Fred the red?

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Regardless of who manages this squad, at least two £50 million + forward players are needed. Plus a midfielder who isn't a flat-footed trudger.
The BIGGEST issue is a lack of quality. So many slow, 'need three touches', 'can't dribble or move my legs quickly' trudgers in this squad.

But van Gaal is clearly still not putting an actual concrete plan in place - so another manager is also needed. One who actually knows what he wants.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I believe in LvG. Be more patient. If you look at the big picture, we have improved since his takeover. Yes we've spent shitloads but LvG takes time.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Wouldn't sack him now but I think we should be approaching a successor (Guardiola, Ancelotti, Rooney etc.) and have it sorted for next season, let Van Gaal finish the season and thank him for the job but it wasn't enough.

mu77

TBF i wanted him gone , still do , but we would have played another 2 matches in CL no more. so no matter to the powers that be. he'll be here unless we start to lose and not draw.

devilish

Went down that road with Busby before, didn't work. No reason to chance it now.

All of Fergie's back room staff are gone. He's been out of the game for 2 years, he won't be the same all knowing presence he was.

Stick with LvG for the moment, but if he begins failing in the league as well then put the feelers out for Pep/Ancelotti.
well lets agree to disagree on that. However by how things are evolving I wont be surprised if we lose the top 4 spot too. Philosophy isn't working.

I think that A rusty SAF > Philosophy

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Ruud Gullit just said live on tv that he hears little things from Lineker and Shearer about United (they apparently have sources in the 'the Utd camp') when they talk at Motd. Says 'it's rigid', but doesn't think the time is right to elaborate.

Of course it's not a fecking surprise the word rigid gets dropped regarding Van Gaals reign. Louis is killing us and when the results aren't helping there's nothing to do but for him to feck off

Revan

Assumptionman
I'm kind of curious what we'd look like if we give him a third, even a fourth year. Maybe he'll finish the process?
I think that he is months - if not weeks - away from pressing the self destruct button. It pretty much always happens, and he resisted it so far cause both the CEO and the fans were kind to him, granting him every wish. But now things look to have change (at least from fans) and we will see soon the ugly part of Van Gaal. The arrogant one who declares that universe is making a conspiracy against him and blames everyone. You know, the one we saw at Barcelona and Bayern.

I just can't see him fixing things very fast (especially with these injuries), so the next option for him is that.

I will be very surprised if he'll be our manager next August.

Trizy

I agree with this thread but only in the summer.. changing him now might mean it affects what ever chance we have at top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.