LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbers

The tactical stuff certainly sounds spot on, given how we've played. Taking a touch in the box before shooting. Wingers always waiting for the full back rather than crossing themselves. The horrendous short fecking corners.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
I just want him gone and then the players to spill the beans on his reign the past two years. I want to hear their side of the story.

Dobba

Ogden has an identical story with the same anecdotes. They've been given it in the last 24 hours by someone.
Oh Ogden too, so we can add another to the list of people who have inadvertently admitted to having no club sources for the entirety of Van Gaal's reign.

Or have they been sitting on this clickbait goldmine for the last 2 years? :lol:

saivet

Ogden has an identical story with the same anecdotes. They've been given it in the last 24 hours by someone.
Or they've known it for a while but waited for a good moment to release it.

Either way, an interesting article.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So, like every other 'journalist', Daniel Taylor has been a million miles behind every United story for 2 years and now suddenly has this much knowledge of the club's inner workings.

Yeah, I'll take that pinch of salt please.
Do you really think he's fabricating such intricate details? I don't think he has the imagination for it. I don't think anyone has, honestly.

Kag

Dobba

Do you really think he's fabricating such intricate details? I don't think he has the imagination for it. I don't think anyone has, honestly.
So where was the story on every single one of these incidents in the days after they first occurred? Why are we learning about two seasons worth of fallout today?

It is either completely made up or they haven't had a club source worth a dime while they've been writing articles on United since the summer of 2014.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So where was the story on every single one of these incidents in the days after they first occurred? Why are we learning about two seasons worth of fallout today?
Maybe because he was told these, either in confidence, or recently, by one of the senior players and now has the platform to report upon them?

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Reading these details is about twice as exciting as the tumescent shit Van Gaal has treated us to. So happy that fecker is gone.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So much for us being classless:

Guardian reader's comment said:
The press have treated him with disdain since day 1, with Simon Stone in particular consistently ignoring his requests to "talk about the game" in order to press him on the rumours of his job security. A decent, honest man, who has achieved more than the press room could ever dream of, constantly harrassed and harangued with belittling questions.

The laughter, as he walked sadly out of the press room, FA Cup in hand, yesterday, was extremely low. They never showed him any respect so its a bit rich to complain about a lack of friendliness now. Disgraceful.

Dobba

Maybe because he was told these, either in confidence, or recently, by one of the senior players and now has the platform to report upon them?
So their 'source close to the players/club' that is referenced in every article on transfers, team news, injuries, the board's views on the manager and the board's views on Mourinho from the last 2 years was unaware of all of this? Seems like an awful lot of information to miss considering their apparent insight on all of those things.

Edit: Ha, just noticed, via a glance at his Twitter feed, that Daniel Taylor's book has a foreword written by...Jose Mourinho! What a strange coincidence that is.

Last edited:

bucky

So their 'source close to the players/club' that is referenced in every article on transfers, team news, injuries, the board's views on the manager and the board's views on Mourinho from the last 2 years was unaware of all of this? Seems like an awful lot of information to miss considering their apparent insight on all of those things.
I think it's entirely possible that the players were professional and kept their mouth shut until they knew van Gaal was gone. Could simply be the case of a new source, who feels safe to talk about this, since there's also no new boss officially announced yet.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I feel we're on the cusp of greatness with this team and I'm sad that van Gaal was unable to see out his third season but when a manager like Mourinho is available, you make room.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Much like the stories on Saturday night, the similarities between what Ogden, Samuel and Taylor have written e.g. All have the email anecdotes, Schweinsteiger and Memphis stuff etc. Makes this seem suspiciously like a briefing.

For all the talk that nobody in the club has been talking to the press, it sure feels like someone in the club has been talking to the press.

Think some on the caf nees to recognise this is just how things are done. It's got nothing to do with being 'classy' or 'classless'.

If you wanted to get rid of a Cup winning manager wouldn't you do the same?

Before the emotion of winning a cup bought him time, wouldn't you drop the bombshell about a new boss and shutdown the sympathy vote at its start?

Wouldn't you then follow up with tidbits to justify your decision, for example, showing your manager had lost the dressing room and was responsible for his own demise?

manutddjw

I'm not sure I believe the squad was close to mutiny due to his tactics and personality.

One of the takeaways from our trophy celebration for me was that it seemed like the players genuinely liked LvG.

izec

I am pretty sure one of the English lads leaked the story. Rooney, Carrick, Young or Smalling. Not just this one, but several during van Gaals reign. Remember the one during the international break, where Rooney and Carrick went to talk to van Gaal? Again, must be one of the English players.

Fitchett

I am pretty sure one of the English lads leaked the story. Rooney, Carrick, Young or Smalling. Not just this one, but several during van Gaals reign. Remember the one during the international break, where Rooney and Carrick went to talk to van Gaal? Again, must be one of the English players.
Or Giggs

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Much like the stories on Saturday night, the similarities between what Ogden, Samuel and Taylor have written e.g. All have the email anecdotes, Schweinsteiger and Memphis stuff etc. Makes this seem suspiciously like a briefing.

For all the talk that nobody in the club has been talking to the press, it sure feels like someone in the club has been talking to the press.

Think some on the caf nees to recognise this is just how things are done. It's got nothing to do with being 'classy' or 'classless'.

If you wanted to get rid of a Cup winning manager wouldn't you do the same?

Before the emotion of winning a cup bought him time, wouldn't you drop the bombshell about a new boss and shutdown the sympathy vote at its start?

Wouldn't you then follow up with tidbits to justify your decision, for example, showing your manager had lost the dressing room and was responsible for his own demise?
We've all watched this season, we know. If anything before I thought squad had done well not to quit on LvG but now this makes it seem like they didn't even have the stones to quit on him and that they were unwilling to be held accountable for well anything.

Manny

Grammar Police
That was before the 3-0 loss to Arsenal and our season went to pants soon after.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Mourinho's first and utmost priority needs to be to get rid of those players or members of staff who would work to undermine him. We can't have stupid shit like players with different agendas and other members working against you and leaking info to the press.

Giggs has outlived 2 managers being sacked. In my eyes, he is a problem. Mourinho must be allowed to get his own man as assistant manager, someone he has worked with in the past.

SalfordRed1960

I would argue that he should have been sacked in December so I don't agree.
The United board tend to disagree with you or LVG would have gone.
As the poster said, there is a wrong way of doing the right thing. It was wrong for Moyes and if true for LVG it is also wrong. It may have also been wrong by City, if they had not talked to him. My guess is they did, so maybe they could have communicated it better.
Not sure why people get pleasure out of what is happened.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I actually found myself watching the final yesterday with someone who's relatively close to a player who played under LvG during his Bayern Munich spell.

One example comes in the form of Van Gaal’s “evaluation sessions” the day after every match when the Dutchman could be so outspoken in his criticisms – “he would crucify players in front of each other”, according to one source – the two most senior players, Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick, went to see him to air their concerns that it was damaging for morale and, in effect, a self-defeating exercise.

Van Gaal, to give him his due, was always willing to listen to complaints and encouraged his players to speak up. But the bad feeling continued. From that point onwards, he started sending the players individual emails detailing their faults and submitting video clips to highlight his dissatisfaction.
This is eerily close to the second hand recollection of I got of what it was like at Bayern under Van Gaal. Apparently he'd prepare big dossiers, perhaps twenty something pages, for each player ahead each game. The dossiers would outline his expected opponents, details about them, how he should handle them and so forth. And after the game, he'd openly slate players and refer to their dossiers outlining stuff they'd done that contradicted the instructions in the leaflets.

Take it with a pinch of salt, obviously, but the claims in the article certainly don't seem too far fetched after what I heard yesterday!

DenisIrwin

and they also arent going to be laughing, joking, and embracing if theyre sacking him either...

I am no body language expert and i dont think anyone on this board is, but that looked like a CEO who is very happy with his manager
Money men. Sincerity isn't in their makeup.

Dobbs

I'm not sure I believe the squad was close to mutiny due to his tactics and personality.

One of the takeaways from our trophy celebration for me was that it seemed like the players genuinely liked LvG.
Agree. We've been hearing all season from journalists and posters that he's lost the dressing room. Personally I've not seen any sign of that on the pitch.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
The United board tend to disagree with you or LVG would have gone.
As the poster said, there is a wrong way of doing the right thing. It was wrong for Moyes and if true for LVG it is also wrong. It may have also been wrong by City, if they had not talked to him. My guess is they did, so maybe they could have communicated it better.
Not sure why people get pleasure out of what is happened.
An astute observation.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If Mourinho has an ounce of sense he'll go for the kill and jettison the lot of them, Giggs included.
I agree that we need to get rid of Giggs, but you can't go around sacking and selling everybody.
There comes a point where you have to try and get more out of existing members of staff and then make minor tweaks (which is what Ranieri did at LCFC).
We've sold so many players in the last 2 seasons, I think we need to focus on building a team.

hobbers

If I had to bet, I would say Young and/or Phil Jones are behind this leak.

Doesn't seem like a Rooney/Carrick stunt to me.

Manny

Grammar Police
Mourinho's first and utmost priority needs to be to get rid of those players or members of staff who would work to undermine him. We can't have stupid shit like players with different agendas and other members working against you and leaking info to the press.

Giggs has outlived 2 managers being sacked. In my eyes, he is a problem. Mourinho must be allowed to get his own man as assistant manager, someone he has worked with in the past.
Actually, I'm one of the biggest haters of Rooney on here but I can't help but feel likes of him and Carrick have tried to keep a lid on this. There was clearly leaks earlier in the season by one of the players but I haven't heard of much since so clearly someone has shut them up.

And even up until yesterday, there was a still a togetherness between all the squad and management. I really think the senior players have probably held things together and told the players to remain professional when plenty have reason to complain.

ken11

"Van Gaal suspected as much and had a tracker fitted so he could check if the emails were opened and for how long. It became a game of cat and mouse. Some players opened the emails on their mobiles, then left their phones on the side and wandered off for 20 minutes."

No trust and respect between players and manager.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
"Van Gaal suspected as much and had a tracker fitted so he could check if the emails were opened and for how long. It became a game of cat and mouse. Some players opened the emails on their mobiles, then left their phones on the side and wandered off for 20 minutes."

Sounds like something my ex would get up to. "But you were last seen on Whatsapp AFTER I texted you, so you clearly read my message."

SteveJ

Scout

LVG was a terrible fit for a club whose players have little interest in studying their game. This is nothing new - how often does that old anecdote about Eric staying behind to practise get rolled out?: the very idea of someone doing some extra work in order to improve! What new-fangled nonsense is that? More seriously, the fact that this story gets retold like we're supposed to gasp at Eric's revolutionary professionalism really says it all. We're too parochial as a club, too complacent, so the likes of van Gaal - for all his obvious flaws - are virtually doomed to failure.

ken11

LVG was a terrible fit for a club whose players have little interest in studying their game. This is nothing new - how often does that old anecdote about Eric staying behind to practise get rolled out?: the very idea of someone doing some extra work in order to improve! What new-fangled nonsense is that? More seriously, the fact that this story gets retold like we're supposed to gasp at Eric's revolutionary professionalism really says it all. We're too parochial as a club, too complacent, so the likes of van Gaal - for all his obvious flaws - are virtually doomed to failure.
I think all of it has to be read in context.

Maybe the e-mails had nothing but critical thoughts (now we know what LVG writes in his notebooks), little encouragement and praise. Yes, maybe they shouldn't be babies because they're paid professionals but how would you feel if your boss showed up everyday to tell you the stuff you did wrong, and very little about anything positive?

SteveJ

Scout
I think all of it has to be read in context.

Maybe the e-mails had nothing but critical thoughts (now we know what LVG writes in his notebooks), little encouragement and praise. Yes, maybe they shouldn't be babies because they're paid professionals but how would you feel if your boss showed up everyday to tell you the stuff you did wrong, and very little about anything positive?
But that kind of thing is commonplace in contemporary employment. For example, call centre employees are routinely the subject of that kind of monitoring by their superiors; the players shouldn't act like "But, Sir, I want to play on my Xbox, not do this work stuff *blub*"

Status
Not open for further replies.