LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

There's no point sacking him until we know what we are doing next. The worst thing for us to do right now would be to sack him without a successor lined up and end up with the wrong person for the job again.
Keeping him on and not getting top 4 as a result would be the worst case scenario for this club. Right now our priority should be securing top 4 which is looking a tougher challenge each week. He lost everyones support, and the only way is down from here with him in charge.

An interesting fact I read earlier as that we were only 2 points off 4th spot on December 28th in Moyes' season. We continued with Moyes and all know what happened.

kps88

Not in the long term. He would be great for three seasons or so.
Three seasons is a fairly good return from a top manager nowadays. If you want someone for longer you have to take a Moyes style gamble on a younger manager from the second tier. The days of Wenger/SAF like durations are coming to an end.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ancelotti besides Milan hasn't been long term at any clubs. It has been two seasons max with other clubs.
Ancelotti has been unfairly fired twice and El Khelaifi was on his back even after wins, you have to look at the context too. Guardiola choose to leave the clubs and Mourinho is just Mourinho

The White Pele

Keeping him on and not getting top 4 as a result would be the worst case scenario for this club. Right now our priority should be securing top 4 which is looking a tougher challenge each week. He lost everyones support, and the only way is down from here with him in charge.

An interesting fact I read earlier as that we were only 2 points off 4th spot on December 28th in Moyes' season. We continued with Moyes and all know what happened.
I don't disagree but I'm not sure who guarantees us top 4. Jose probably but if we don't think he is the right man for the long-term do we give another 2 years and another £200m to the wrong man?

Revan

Assumptionman
I don't disagree but I'm not sure who guarantees us top 4. Jose probably but if we don't think he is the right man for the long-term do we give another 2 years and another £200m to the wrong man?
2-3 years is the new long term. Deal with it!

saivet

Do people think we will actually sack him before Boxing Day? I want him gone, but I''m worried he's going to be around for a bit longer

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't think he deserves that, the man has tried his best with all his heart but it just wasn't enough. I bet he didn't sleep a minute after those boos:(
Yes, he actually deserves.

He is ignorant, egoistic and stubborn person who insists on pretty much same things over and over, makes same mistakes in every game even average fan sees, and when the team or some player does something good he makes sure everyone understands that's down to his training methods, philosophy, and not the player/team itself. Ffs when one of our player scores he makes sure we know he learned him to shoot like that.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

C'est Moi Cantona

Do people think we will actually sack him before Boxing Day? I want him gone, but I''m worried he's going to be around for a bit longer
You can't see it really, but to have him flounder through the Christmas period would almost be cruel, just do it now and let him enjoy his Christmas.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
It doesn't matter, we will have to take a gamble. Like Spoony said we need to adapt the structure of the club, we need to bring football men in the structure by appointing technical advisors, technical directors and a replacement for McClair.

Woodzy

Yes, he actually deserves.

He is ignorant, egoistic and stubborn person who insists on pretty much same things over and over, makes same mistakes in every game even average fan sees, and when the team or some player does something good he makes sure everyone understands that's down to his training methods, philosophy, and not the player/team itself. Ffs when one of our player scores he makes sure we know he learned him to shoot like that.

I don't feel sorry for him one bit.
I think that is incredibly harsh. His methods and personality are dated, controversial and down right bizarre, yes, but the man obviously wanted success here and most of all he respects the prestige of this club and adores the fans.

The White Pele

2-3 years is the new long term. Deal with it!
But then we need a DoF type figure to have a long-term strategy. Seems like there is no direction from a footballing sense. Why let LVG gut the squad and spend £200m to try and implement his style if the next guy has a completely different way of playing?

Spoony

The People's President
It doesn't matter, we will have to take a gamble. Like Spoony said we need to adapt the structure of the club, we need to bring football men in the structure by appointing technical advisors, technical directors and a replacement for McClair.

Yes. Still find it utterly bizarre that McClair wasn't replaced. But I think it's an indication of just how fragmented we are as club thesedays. Across the road they've built a massive academy and a mini stadium....a couple of years later we're thinking of building our own mini stadium. Look, it's a mess but hopefully hitting a low will prompt modernisation.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't get the whole "give him to the end of the season" argument. If you were trapped in a jail cell with big Winston, you wouldn't wait until he'd finished annihilating your anus before deciding whether getting arse raped was right or wrong.

LVG has failed. His method are outdated and do not match the values of the club. He needs to go now so that something can be salvaged from this season.
:lol:

Revan

Assumptionman
But then we need a DoF type figure to have a long-term strategy. Seems like there is no direction from a footballing sense. Why let LVG gut the squad and spend £200m to try and implement his style if the next guy has a completely different way of playing?
Indeed. It has been obvious that we need so since Fergie retired.

kps88

I think we'll be a bit tactical about it. Stoke and Chelsea away within a couple of days with our current squad will be tough on any manager. We have an easy run of games coming up after that though which is probably the best time to get a new man in. If we get Jose in now and he loses at Stoke/Chelsea, that wouldn't do our confidence any good.

Swansea at home after that would be ideal. This would also mean our third new manager in three seasons will be making his start against Swansea.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Has Ancelotti committed to Bayern already?

He's our man, not Mourinho.

DeafMUFC

I think they'll give him the Stoke and Chelsea game and if there are two poor performances and poor results then he'll be out.

We are already out of the top four and we have some tough away games to come which in the current state of affairs I would not favour us winning. We are massively going to lose ground on the teams around us which is going to make Champs Leg qualification very difficult.

With the potential Champs League qualification at severe risk, the January transfer window opening - would the club be willing to allow him to spend a fortune in Jan and miss out on qualification causing the club to take another massive financial hit again?

I don't think they would be stupid enough to stick with a philosophy that could potentially cost them a lot of money and embarrassment...... again!

At the end of the day (as much as we like it or not) the reality is that the suits don't give a shit whether we are 1st or 4th, winning trophies, entertained as supporters or not, they care about where the next pot of revenue is coming in from and when there is a huge sum of revenue put at risk due to on field performance they will act.

Jerch

I am not using Twitter so I usually rely on CAF to get the latest info like many other Caf members.

So since our defeat yesterday I am searching through 3-5 threads to find rumors about LVG sacking and who could be our next manager, so I thought a thread just for this could be useful.

So post in this thread latest rumors (Twitter, articles, instagram, etc) on LVG sacking (I think it is the matter of time) and who could be our next manager.

Revan

Assumptionman
Has Ancelotti committed to Bayern already?

He's our man, not Mourinho.
Very likely. Bayern are ruthless so I wouldn't be surprised if they were in negotiations with him since last summer.

Kostur

海尔的老板
The ex-Bayern stars and the board (that consists of them, right?) didn't really like Pep, did they? Pretty sure they are one of the reasons he decided to leave so I'm sure they've had somebody pinned down for his post long time ago.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Desperately searching for scraps :lol:

Acquire Me

I think they'll give him the Stoke and Chelsea game and if there are two poor performances and poor results then he'll be out.

We are already out of the top four and we have some tough away games to come which in the current state of affairs I would not favour us winning. We are massively going to lose ground on the teams around us which is going to make Champs Leg qualification very difficult.

With the potential Champs League qualification at severe risk, the January transfer window opening - would the club be willing to allow him to spend a fortune in Jan and miss out on qualification causing the club to take another massive financial hit again?

I don't think they would be stupid enough to stick with a philosophy that could potentially cost them a lot of money and embarrassment...... again!

At the end of the day (as much as we like it or not) the reality is that the suits don't give a shit whether we are 1st or 4th, winning trophies, entertained as supporters or not, they care about where the next pot of revenue is coming in from and when there is a huge sum of revenue put at risk due to on field performance they will act.
I dont think they can wait and see two more games. The transfer window is coming fast and there has to be some work done there.

I must disagree when you say the suits dont care, because even them know that finances are powered by results. I do think that they are planing what to do as we speak. They know as much as us; our manager and players cant get the wanted results. The issue is probably that a large part of our players dislikes LvG style and tactics. If our club are run by people that learned from previous experiences, they will let him go now. If they let him stay to the end of the season, and we are out of the top 4; I will be more sad for LvG and really worried about our management.

Revan

Assumptionman
The ex-Bayern stars and the board (that consists of them, right?) didn't really like Pep, did they? Pretty sure they are one of the reasons he decided to leave so I'm sure they've had somebody pinned down for his post long time ago.
Pretty sure that the Bayern board really liked Pep, and they wanted him to extend.

Beckenbauer probably not, but no-one listens to him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.