LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I'm struggling to see this happening. We seem to be slow in doing most things. Except for handing undeserving players absurd new contracts.
From the outside it now looks like his position is untenable and nothing is coming from the club in way of support. It's just a media vacuum at present. That press conference seemed to be one of a man who knows his fate.

For me the only question left answering is are we getting Giggs, Mourinho or Pep. I really hope it's the latter but I think we've entered that race too late for whatever reason. I'm not sure what we had planned after LVG even if it was a success, I always presumed Pep was the obvious successor to the "groundwork" being done by LVG, but it seems that's not what the board had in mind.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There is. And it worked a treat up until about two and a half years ago
It's worked until the old man was doing the actual work. Now he's not. He's expected to take decisions about United football when he absolutely hates how football had evolved into.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
LVG openly has his back to the wall and Pep announces openly that he's leaving Bayern? We're on.
Guardiola announcement was expected for weeks, LVG's meltdown wasn't. Both events are totally unrelated and the latter probably happened too late.

stubie

Charlton had his time deciding things and he ended up with Moyes. They won't listen to him again.

Don't know why his accomplishments as a player 50 years ago mean anything about selecting managers today.
The same Sir Bobby Charlton that persuaded the board to stick with Sir Alex in the late 80s

Minimalist

The same Sir Bobby Charlton that persuaded the board to stick with Sir Alex in the late 80s
...so? It's an easy position for Charlton to take apparently. Given even late into the season he was backing Moyes in interviews.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Whichever club he moves to now will be the weakest set of players he'll have managed.
If he joins MCFC they will surely win the title. They'll probably win this season.
But going far in the CL - that'll be the challenge.
If he joins MUFC, he will definitely have his work cut out to win anything.
Yeah that's true. I doubt he will walk the league but he will definitely have the strongest squad to win it.

Wherever he goes he will face the biggest task of his career.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If that's true, he should stop sharing his view regarding United managers, ever.
You could argue he's been vindicated. 1 title, sure, but what a fecking mess he's turned them into with endless drama which is what Charlton was desperate to avoid.

ZDwyr

I have this feeling he still might get the Stoke game.

Although I'm probably way off and he will be gone within the next 24 hours.

Crossie

Supports
vibrant attacking football
The news that Pep will leave Bayern next summer has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. Woodward needs to get his finger out and negotiate with him asap. In the meantime we should get rid of van Gaal and appoint an interim Manager to get us into the top 4.
Pep is known to favour Man United over Man City even if reports do mention that Man City are favourites to land him.
Any facts available or just wishful thinking?

NK86

You could argue he's been vindicated. 1 title, sure, but what a fecking mess he's turned them into with endless drama which is what Charlton was desperate to avoid.
As opposed to us who have had zero trophies in that time, 2 (possibly 3) managers in 3 years, a squad with more holes then a fish net after spending close to 300 million pounds and the future of where the club is heading unsure.

Yeah he sure has been vindicated in his decision to back Moyes over Mourinho.

Andy_Cole

Not a rumour but he's favourite to be sacked next on Sky Bet at 1-6.

Mourinho is favourite to be our next manager.

Obviously odds mean nothing though, but I suppose it gives us an idea on what the public believe.

Roboc7

I kind of feel sorry for Van Gaal a bit, he cuts a sad figure at the moment with his body language and some of his quotes. I think his style of football is dated and he's too set in his ways to adapt in any way. There is a degree of arrogance and stubbornness in there for sure and he has to take responsibility for that. We've been absolutely appalling to watch this season and he seems unable to turn it around. It's clear now the players have lost faith and it's time for him step aside and i think he knows his days are numbered. It's a sad way for his successful career to end.

If he goes i think it's time for a director of football at the club. Woodward needs to accept his strengths are on the financial side not the football side, he's a bit of a disaster in terms of dealing with the media as an example, makes us look amateurish. A lot of top coaches are happy to work under a DOF these days as it allows them to concentrate on the running of the team. We've needed to restructure and modernise in several ways since the Fergie days. I'd love Guardiola but i suspect City is a done deal, they've been chasing him for years i reckon.
I think you are right he is out dated and his peak as a manager has been and gone, I think we only gave him the job because we couldn't get our top targets and we were so eager to avoid another moyes we went for someone who was almost the opposite of him rather than really thinking about who was best man to take us forward in the medium and longer term.

S.A.N.F

fecksake, why hasn't he been sacked yet? Just woke up. Sack the clueless fecker. Hire someone who knows what he's doing, and for feck sake not Giggs.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
So we're left with Mourinho.

He's divisive and increasingly paranoid and unstable.

I think I'd stick with Van Gaal before I have Jose.
I'm not sure I would stick with LVG, but I would be apprehensive than excited if we hired Mourinho. Which says a lot, to be honest.

Leg-End

Woodward and the board just need to act fast, they won't ever have a better timing to get it done with minimal fuss. There are in the space of days, two world class managers available with no compensation needed to get them here, if its Mourinho then something can still be made of this season, if its Pep you just have to grin and bare it for half a season.

Both are better options than trying to trudge on through another year and a half of this halfwit.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Something happened behind the scene with the board and the players. And it was before the end of last season, people are blaming Mourinho because he is the manager but something is wrong behind the scene.

ravi2

Can't believe Pep would choose City. Ah well, our board are full of it if they didn't go all out to get him. Disappointing.
I think it's a matter of our board not making the decision to get pep. I believe if we had made a serious offer, he could be ours.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not sure what we had planned after LVG even if it was a success, .
I dont think we had anything planned.
Even now, it wouldn't surprise me if there are no plans.

When Fergie was leaving, we had time (we didn't need to make any knee jerk decisions). So, we came up with Moyes. And once Moyes was in, there was no "handover".
It was basically, "there you go Moyes, here are the keys to the castle and if you have any questions, don't bother calling me."
In contrast, Bayern have made a decision, months in advance of Pep leaving.

With Ancelotti off the market, there are only 2 left (Pep and Jose) and I hope we get one of them.

Cal?

CR7 fan
On the other hand, we've gone from champions to 7th to 4th and 5th currently (going out of a CL group full on minnows).

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That decision was made 25-30 years ago. Those times have gone.
We need to think about today. The last decision which Fergie and Charlton were involved in, was Moyes.
When LVG was appointed, Fergie was not in the loop (not sure about Charlton).

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
I think it's a matter of our board not making the decision to get pep. I believe if we had made a serious offer, he could be ours.
Why do you think that?
If anything, City offer him the complete freedom he craves, whilst United don't.
Bayern hasn't been as smooth for him as he'd imagine, and it's probably put him off 'big' clubs for while.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That decision was made 25-30 years ago. Those times have gone.
We need to think about today. The last decision which Fergie and Charlton were involved in, was Moyes.
When LVG was appointed, Fergie was not in the loop (not sure about Charlton).
That's not entirely accurate. He has stated that: Klopp,Pep and LVG were names ahead of Moyes and for whatever reason they were unavailable;only Pep never replied back to SAF's enquiry. So LVG was the next obvious candidate

ravi2

Why do you think that?
If anything, City offer him the complete freedom he craves, whilst United don't.
Bayern hasn't been as smooth for him as he'd imagine, and it's probably put him off 'big' clubs for while.
I think another factor is LVG's melt down came a bit too late, city probably already had pep locked up by the time we made an inquiry. I'm ok with Jose at this juncture though.

Status
Not open for further replies.