LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why do you think that?
If anything, City offer him the complete freedom he craves, whilst United don't.
Bayern hasn't been as smooth for him as he'd imagine, and it's probably put him off 'big' clubs for while.
Ouch!:lol:

Inigo Montoya

I think another factor is LVG's melt down came a bit too late, city probably already had pep locked up by the time we made an inquiry. I'm ok with Jose at this juncture though.
Slight exaggeration - where has he had a meltdown?

Jerch

Nick Powell liked interesting article on twitter - clearn sign that he lost dressing room?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Christ, Powell's becoming more of a liability than bloody van Gaal.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Mourinho is not the answer.

Who else is there?

I think Van Gaal has to go, but with who do you replace him if not Mourinho?

Giggs is the only likely candidate at the moment, but by appointing him, you write off this season. If we qualify for CL, it would be a bonus.

I see Gary Neville being mentioned, but before he was surprisingly made Valencia manager, nobody would have thought him a serious candidate.

Mourinho - read up about what has happened on his watch at both Chelsea and Madrid in these past 3 years. He's lost the plot. The cult of self is too big with him. I can't help think that he'd be a disaster for us.

We have no leader in our team - it should be Schweinsteiger in my opinion - and no one to stand up to Van Gaal. Imagine what it would be like under Mourinho? Depay wouldn't stand a chance.

I didn't realise that Ancelotti was almost a done deal at Bayern. That move leaves few options that I'd want to see frankly.

Jerch

Thanks to Burrow:
Oh sry, didn't saw that. As I said I am crap at that twitter thing but even I am searching everywhere for any evidence that he will be out :lol:

Considering he had my full support before Wolfsburg game, it really show in how big freefall we are.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Might be the solution short term if lvg has lost the players, could just be an internal shift in responsibilities rather than any major announcement etc. Although announcing the change might get the fans back on board.

Long term I think it's the director of football that needs to provide the consistency and longevity, maybe Gary Neville.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Who else is there?

Giggs is the only likely candidate at the moment, but by appointing him, you write off this season. If we qualify for CL, it would be a bonus.

I see Gary Neville being mentioned, but before he was surprisingly made Valencia manager, nobody would have thought him a serious candidate.

Mourinho - read up about what has happened on his watch at both Chelsea and Madrid in these past 3 years. He's lost the plot. The cult of self is too big with him. I can't help think that he'd be a disaster for us.

We have no leader in our team - it should be Schweinsteiger in my opinion - and no one to stand up to Van Gaal. Imagine what it would be like under Mourinho? Depay wouldn't stand a chance.

I didn't realise that Ancelotti was almost a done deal at Bayern. That move leaves few options that I'd want to see frankly.
Good post, IMO.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
When LVG was appointed, Fergie was not in the loop (not sure about Charlton).
Probably consulted in one way or another, but his role these days is pretty vague.

Fergie and Bobby are all we have in the way of football people formally attached to the club (as directors). Well, you could add Gill as well, I suppose - he's at least an experienced hand at running a football club, and will no doubt have relevant input to offer in many situations.

And neither Bobby nor Fergie are getting any younger. We need someone who is up to date, open to new ideas - and we need such people in more active roles. Bobby and Fergie are mainly ambassadors - they don't function as day-to-day football consultants for Woody.

You look at the current situation, the options available to us - and you have to have some doubts as to whether Woody is qualified to make the necessary calls. On the actual board, there isn't a single football man - just a bunch of marketing/media/money types who are no doubt very good with numbers and PR and whatnot, but that means feck all when it comes to assessing what we should do in the next few days.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
Mourinho would be a disaster for us I believe, he is currently a huge failure and is unlikely to recapture the dressing room that LVG has lost. We should offer Guardiola anything to ensure he comes to us not City. We could remind him we are by far the biggest brand in the game and that he could show a greater improvement here than at City which would be good for his ego.

Fat waiter, Houlier, Moyes and Rogers are the only ones that come to mind that I would like less at OT than Mourinho.

mu77

maybe jose leaves what is left of his ego at the door. LVG is no shrinking violet when it comes to ego issues.
giggs may bring back a temporary bump in players but jose , if all the rumors of the managerial merry go round
are true , may be the best bet left. another 3rd or 4th choice.

Spoony

The People's President

Who else is there?

I think he's best bet for the next couple of seasons, meanwhile we should be restructuring the club and have footballing men in charge, hopefully this will ensure seamless transitions from managers to managers like Bayern. The club should be strong enough to absorb changes thanks to having a long term vision. Just look at City...they've got proper structure and top quality academy in place, whilst we're still thinking(?) of replacing McClair a year after he left!

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
As I've said, Jose has taken jobs at toxic clubs, if he went somewhere where he didn't have a lunatic chairman and disloyal, backstabbing players, he would be a different proposition.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The day I see a City youth academy player in their first team for a sustained period of time is the day I will believe that youth set ups are again relevant for the bigger clubs.

Sadly, there's too much money for all the clubs to simply throw it at the latest overseas (mild) sensation.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I see the general idea is that Pep goes to City, may I ask why do you guys think so? I'm sorry I've been offline for a few days.
It's happening. Signed a pre-contract in June according to some on twitter.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mourinho would be a disaster for us I believe, he is currently a huge failure and is unlikely to recapture the dressing room that LVG has lost. We should offer Guardiola anything to ensure he comes to us not City. We could remind him we are by far the biggest brand in the game and that he could show a greater improvement here than at City which would be good for his ego.

Fat waiter, Houlier, Moyes and Rogers are the only ones that come to mind that I would like less at OT than Mourinho.
Mourinho will have no problem recapturing the dressing room and as long as the club bring the right people around Mourinho he won't be a disaster.

My main concern is to identify a potential DOF, Leonardo is a good one, he is a smug tool but he is competent or maybe Giggs, I would like to see him stay in the club forever.

Inigo Montoya

Mourinho will have no problem recapturing the dressing room and as long as the club bring the right people around Mourinho he won't be a disaster.

My main concern is to identify a potential DOF, Leonardo is a good one, he is a smug tool but he is competent or maybe Giggs, I would like to see him stay in the club forever.
Has Jose ever worked with DOF?

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Regardless of what's happening at the moment or how Van Gaal is doing, the boo's are pathetic. If you booed yesterday you should feel ashamed. It's something a club like Chelsea does, not a club like United who have historically stuck by their players, managers and staff.

That doesn't mean I'd like to keep Van Gaal for much longer, I just hate it when fans boo their own fecking team.

Litch

Must admit, like our transfer policy, fed up of being linked with either people who are on their way down and no longer required from another big club or completely unrealistic targets like Neymar.

Would have been more impressed if we got Pep after Barca. Would have been impressed if Bale came here rather than Real.

Now we are potentially signing Jose cause he failed at Chelsea.....

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I dont think we had anything planned.
Even now, it wouldn't surprise me if there are no plans.
If there was a plan then it was Giggs, which makes absolutely zero sense with regards to hiring LVG to bring in his philosophy, considering Giggs has a totally different philosophy.

I've always thought Woodward got far too much criticism during the fabregas/fellaini summer, but our dealings this summer and the lack of long term planning at this club is making me think he's ultimately culpible for this mess. Manager aside, we spent 30m net and went into this season with absolutely no chance of winning the league due to our forward options. Even top four will be a fight. And we only managed to sign martial because Monaco went out of the champions league, it could have been so much worse.

We need to decide which direction this club wants to go in regarding style of play and hire a director of football who can actually being some direction to what has been a slap-dash transfer policy for almost three years now. How can we even think of appointing a new manager for the long term when we have no idea what qualities besides "winning things" we want that manager to bring?

spwd

Regardless of what's happening at the moment or how Van Gaal is doing, the boo's are pathetic. If you booed yesterday you should feel ashamed. It's something a club like Chelsea does, not a club like United who have historically stuck by their players, managers and staff.

That doesn't mean I'd like to keep Van Gaal for much longer, I just hate it when fans boo their own fecking team.
Give over will you, they were booing lvg not the team, what would you prefer a plane or just congratulate him on a fantastic job he's done?

Rory 7

Give over will you, they were booing lvg not the team, what would you prefer a plane or just congratulate him on a fantastic job he's done?
I was there yesterday and didn't boo. To be honest I'd never boo. Results mean LVG's time is up, its a shame really. There was not need to abuse the man as he walked off the pitch.

Revan

Assumptionman

Roma's DOF is also brilliant. We could also look at whoever has been doing those signings for Atletico Madrid, stellar record.

A DOF is a must IMO. As important as hiring the right manager this time.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Roma's DOF is also brilliant. We could also look at whoever has been doing those signings for Atletico Madrid, stellar record.

A DOF is a must IMO. As important as hiring the right manager this time.
Braida's contract is ending at Barcelona and he is only a technical consultant at Barcelona.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Wait, is that the Fjortoft who had a good couple of months for Swindon Town 20 years ago?

What does Martin Dahlin or Glen Helder think about LVGs position, that's what we really need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.